• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ORAS anniversary

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    1. Did you get Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire the day they came out?

I honestly can't remember, but I'm pretty positive that it was within the week that they came out.

2. What was your reason for choosing OR or AS over the other?

The original Sapphire version is what I had played in the past, so I thought it was fitting to get the remake of that version. And Kyogre feelings.

Years

Absolutely! Luckily the post arrived pretty early too! As I hadn't played the originals at that point it was like a brand new game to me and I was so eager to explore Hoenn!

2. What was your resason for choosing OR or AS over the other?

I chose AS as I prefer water and Team Aqua looked so cool! Really wanted Kyogre on my team too for surfing and diving!

Reactions: Sun

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    Wow, an year went by way too fast!

Not even close to the day it came out. I played Omega Ruby for the first time last August xD
    Well, I love both Groudon and Kyogre equally so I didn't really choose one over the other for any reason whatsoever other than the store not having Alpha Sapphire xD

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    2. I chose Omega Ruby because of the version exclusives. I just prefer most of them to their counterparts.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
    I preordered it a month or two in advance, but when I went to get it, they didn't have any copies of the game yet. I preordered it from Wal-Mart, so if that's any indication of how things went. So, I had to wait a bit to actually get the games since I ended up preordering both of them at the same time.

While I ended up getting both on the same day, if I had to only choose one, I would've went with Alpha Sapphire, and this was before I knew about the version exclusive post-game mons. The reason is really simple...because Kyogre is a Water type, and I like Water types. That's seriously the only reason :P

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I chose AS as I prefer water and Team Aqua looked so cool! Really wanted Kyogre on my team too for surfing and diving!

I love surfing on Kyogre! I've always thought it was so cool the way it actually looks like a Kyogre when you surf on it :3

For question 2, I honestly picked AS based on the appearance of the legendary, the color, and knowing ruby is my birthstone and I was feeling rather rebellious. Now that I know a few things about the games, I am glad I did, especially since water is now one of my favorite types.

Same here, actually :P I got OmegaRuby, but my birthstone is Sapphire. Pure coincidence though :P

Aaaaand here's our question #3!

3. What did you nickname your starter?

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Nope, Never nickname it.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016

I didn't nickname my starter.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    I haven't gotten them yet because I don't have a 3DS at the moment. However, I'll definitely get them later.

I would pick OR since I'm used to picking the first title over the second one, like what I did with Red, Gold, Ruby, Firered, Diamond, HeartGold, Black, Black 2.

I plan to pick a completely different team with my Ruby team and I'll pick Treecko and name it Ghidorah. If in case I'd change my mind and decided to go back with my regular Ruby team, I'll nickname my Torchic as Kiyuna.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I didn't nickname it either. Never really been into the nicknaming Pokemon thing much.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
    I pre-ordered it and got it a day before launch.
    When I was little I got ruby for my birthday and I just liked Ruby better because Groudon looked way more awesome to me. So I got OR.
    TreeTail for obvious reasons.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Nope, I got it on christmas. I kept asking people to not spoil the game as I really enjoyed the originals, and when I eventually did get X, it was spoiled that much that it didn't seem as exciting.
    My original choice was Pokemon Ruby back in 2003, so I thought I'd follow suit with it.

I didn't - only one of my pokemon has ever been nicknamed and that was a ditto.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    3. What did you nickname your favorite starter?

I've never nicknamed any of my Pokemon... I could never come up with anything good, haha.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Fire over water and I wanted Primal Groudon. In our group there's at least one of us that will get the opposite of what everyone else gets.

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
    Yes, I had the double pack pre-ordered from Amazon.
    That said, since I was still playing X/Y for the last year, I only just started playing them a few weeks ago.

I had a very difficult time deciding which would be my "main" game. I originally played Sapphire as my main game when it came out so I leaned towards that. However, I settled on playing each game equally, catching half of the Pokemon in one game and half in the other. Time will tell if I focus on one more than the other in the end.

I typically don't nickname my Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2017
    I bought it on amazon the day it came out, I love in south america so its not cheap buying games here xD

Well, I was waiting for omega ruby. I love all pokemon, but my favourites are bulbasaur, rhyhorn, and... GROUDON. It is just the coolest pokemon ever, no offense to kyogre fans, but for me kyogre is just a whale while groudon is the cool dinosaur :P. Its mega form is just amazing.
    can you guess which one I chose? xD

My starter was mudkip, and I named him swampy haha, I couldn't find a funny name such as for my greninja (Splinter, like the ninja turtles master)

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I didn't because I very rarely nickname my Pokemon. I've just been one to never really do it even in the older games.

Back