• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ORAS anniversary

Years
    3. What did you nickname your starter?

I don't really nickname stuff, because I can never come up with a good name. Chose Mudkip by the way.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    2) I bought Sapphire and Emerald back in Gen III and never got to experience Ruby so I decided to buy Omega Ruby to at least get a sense of all three of them. Plus it has Latios (lately the remakes I've gotten have Latios and Groudon...), and Ruby happens to be my Birthstone.
    3) I nicknamed my Treecko Eser Emerald.

Last edited:

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
    1. Did you get Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire the day they came out?
    Nope, I read some reviews and decided not to buy OR or AS because they're too easy compared to original Ruby and Sapphire. Yes, I know about challenges like Nuzlocke but the problem is that the game helps the player too much in finding right path.

2. What was your resason for choosing OR or AS over the other?
    I would probably choose AS if i ever buy one of them.

I'd choose Treecko so I'd nickname it Scepy.

Reactions: Sun

MusicClues

Mashup Maker and Sun/M/XY Champion/Master
    Years
    1. Yup, Along with Smash 4 for Wii U.
    2. My Friend Got AS so I Got OR
    3. I Don't Remember.......Off-hand but I Think it was Flame.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024

I didn't nickname them... :( I'm not usually into nicknaming because then I feel obligated to name all my Pokémon which will just drive me nuts.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Aaaaand here's our question #3!

I didn't name my starter for Alpha Sapphire. Not that's weird when I think about it!

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years

Scepteelee the Sceptile... well yeah, I wanted to honor my first starter Scepteelee so I went with that nickname. Well, it was my first starter's nickname before I changed it to Palm after I completed the story on Sapphire 'cause I think it's much more fitting of her. I wanted to do the same thing, but eh my OR starter was a guy instead of a gal hahaha.

Lexatom

Blockbuster Advocate
    Years
    Q1. Did you get Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire the day they came out?
    A. Are you kidding!? Of course I did! Although, when X and Y were revealed, I was more hyped for those games rather than these remakes. But still, these remakes made my hype mode go overboard.

Q2. Which game did you prefer over the other?
    A. I picked Omega Ruby, and my brother picked Alpha Sapphire. I played the original Ruby in 5th grade when a friend let me borrow it, so I ended up playing that game before any other Hoenn game.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    I had pre-ordered both, so on release day I just wen to Game Stop and picked up my two games.

2. What was your reason for choosing OR or AS over the other?
    To me, no difference. The main Hoenn Pokemon I like are catchable in both games - I first played AS since it was the first game I took out of the bag when I got home and put it inside my 3DS XL

Both games I choose Mudkip as my starter, both times I nicknamed him Zorro.
    Zorro is Spanish for Fox, it's a nickname I use a lot for my Pokemon.

Years
    Verde (Sceptile). I wasn't very creative in coming up with a nickname for it, but he reminded me of Verde from Katekyo Hitman Reborn, so yeah.

Years

I chose Treecko and called him Buddy, I always like to name my starters or partners Buddy :)

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Yes!

Played Sapphire originally, so I went for the other version

Groot the treecko.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Oh yes, definitely. I had the dual-pack preordered on Amazon and I went to the midnight release for an Alpha Sapphire. That AS is the one I ended up playing my main game on and it was so awesome!

To be honest, I like blue. Also, I played Sapphire originally back in the day so I wanted to have a similar experience here. I've played Ruby and OR though, so I got the best of both worlds. I also kind of like Kyogre better than Groudon.

I picked Treecko as my starter, again because that's what I picked for Sapphire. I named him "Keroro", who is a character on a show I like. He evolved into a healthy Sceptile many many months ago and we're still going on adventures today! :D

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I knew I was going to get both in the end, but I got AlphaSapphire first because I got the original Sapphire before Ruby. So it's not really a preference for the Pokemon, it's just nostalgia. :')

I named my Torchic "Chictor" after my first Torchic in Sapphire. <3 It's not very creative, I realize, haha. But like I said, it's named after my first one and I was 10 when I first played Sapphire. :P

Adrasteia

[font=Comic Sans][/font]
    Years
    Yes, it was the day befor my birthday so it was impossible to keep away from me :)
    Me and my sister always get one of each copy and she loves Kyogre so I got Groudon
    Charlie (because I'v been using it since I was a kid for my starters)

Years
    1. Did you get OR/AS the day they came out?
    Yu-huh, got AS after an unexpected trip to the bank

2. What made you choose one over the other?
    I chose AS so I could get Latias

3. What did you name your starter?
    I named my Treecko "Legault', after the thief from Fire Emblem 7

Last edited:

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
    Years
    I did! Hoenn is my favurite region after Johto, so you already know I was going to get this game on release day.
    Well, when Ruby and Sapphire came out when I was young, I wanted Sapphire because my favourite colour is blue, but it was out of stock so I got Ruby. Now that AS and OR are out, I was able to get the Blue that I always wanted. :)
    Toast the Mudkip. Toast is best served for breakfast, which is why i chose it.Made it up on the spot.

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
    2. What was your resason for choosing OR or AS over the other? - I went for Omega Ruby mostly because of Team Magma, which I prefer over Team Aqua a bit, and I also liked the version exclusive Pokemon for Omega Ruby a bit more, mostly when it came to Groudon, Zangoose, and Kabutops.

3. What did you nickname your starter? - I didn't nickname my starter. I'm too lazy to think of a good name for my starters, plus I don't like nicknaming in general.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    No, because at the time it was launched, I was not having enough money that I have to wait until the December last year to be finally able to get one.

2. What was your reason for choosing OR or AS over the other?
    I choose Alpha Sapphire, because Pokémon Sapphire was the first Pokémon game that I ever enjoyed when not borrowing from my cousin's GBC, not to mention that I'm digging into Primal Kyogre and the blue theme of Alpha Sapphire in overall.

I nicknamed my Treecko as Virileaf, which is based after Viridi from Kid Icarus: Uprising, and because most grass Pokémon has many leaves.

Last edited:
    Back