• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ORAS anniversary

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    It's always so nice to get a game the day it comes out! Especially a game we've all been waiting for like OR/AS ;P

Here's the second question for our countdown! Just 12 days to go until the anniversary!

What was your resason for choosing OR or AS over the other?

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    2. What was your reason for choosing OR or AS over the other?

I chose AS because I knew at least one of my friends was getting OR and I wanted to get all the legendaries easier. Not much besides that.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    What was your reason for choosing OR or AS over the other?
    Somehow I choose OR because my other friend have AS.

Years

I actually got both, but I played AS more of the two because it had the version exclusives I liked better, plus Water is obviously better than Fire hehehehe

(such a shame my AS corrupted though because it's now made me less motivated to play them)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Literally all it was was that I have Ruby so I thought I'd get Alpha Sapphire to try the other side of it.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Literally all it was was that I have Ruby so I thought I'd get Alpha Sapphire to try the other side of it.

That was basically my reasoning too. I originally played Sapphire, so I got Omega Ruby this time around to change things up. Another factor was that there's a certain Pokemon that's exclusive to OR that I just had to have in my main playthrough!
    ORAS anniversary

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    2. What was your resason for choosing OR or AS over the other?

I mean I have both now, but I got Alpha Sapphire first because Sapphire was the one I had back in the day. Besides, I like Kyogre better than Groudon. ;)

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    1. Did you get Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire the day they came out?

Yup, did a preordered and picked it up that Friday night (along with Super Smash Bros Wii U since they were the same day).

Honestly not really sure, that was just the one that I chose :P

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years
    What was your resason for choosing OR or AS over the other?

Picking OR over AS was an easy choice for me. I used to like Kyogre more than Groudon, but with their new forms... Groudon is definitely the better one, and I love the primal ability it got.
    Also, I prefer red over blue, haha.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    2. What was your resason for choosing OR or AS over the other?: I played the original Sapphire before the original Ruby because I liked Kyogre's design better, so I got Alpha Sapphire first.

Years
    I picked OR partly because it corresponds with Ruby, the original that I played. One of my friends got AS too, so that played a factor in my decision too. Didn't really consider the version exclusives, but I might have tilted towards AS if I had checked them out beforehand.

Years

I went with Omega Ruby as my main one, because I like the exclusives - including Primal Groudon - more than those of Alpha Sapphire, so that one is where I have a complete Pokédex and other cool stuff. I have another copy that I did my Wedlocke in earlier in the year.

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
    Years
    Honestly, no I didn't. When it came out I was so pumped but I didn't even have XY yet so... yeah. I got it about 6 months late.

I chose Alpha Sapphire over Omega Ruby because my brother had ΩRuby and I wanted to be able to have all the legendaries available (with my own nicknames, of course); so I just tell him to name them what I want. So I can give him Kyogre/Latias/Thundurus/Lugia, and he gives me Groudon/Latios/Tornadus/Ho-oh. I actually regret it though (I wanted Seedot!).

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    It's always so nice to get a game the day it comes out! Especially a game we've all been waiting for like OR/AS ;P

Here's the second question for our countdown! Just 12 days to go until the anniversary!

What was your reason for choosing OR or AS over the other?

I prefer the Water-type, I'm like a total crazy Water-type fan! Therefore Kyogre gets my vote, but that also means I have no access to a OTID Groudon as well as other awesome exclusive such as HA Skrelp, Mawile and so on. D:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023

Before I got myself a 3DS and PKMN X, my last handheld PKMN game was Ruby. That was the reason why I chose Omega Ruby, because nostalgia. <3
    That, and I kinda like fire themes more than water.

Years
    I forgot to preorder it, and the suppliers in my state only had them in stock on the following day after the launch, so I couldn't get one of the day it came out (but if we count USA Central Time Zone instead of my local time, which is +8 GMT, I still made it xD )

It was pretty easy. I played Sapphire 12 years ago. So it's definitely Alpha Sapphire this time #TeamMagmaRulez

3. What did you nickname your starter?
    Didn't nickname her anything. I never fancied nicknames for my Pokemon, unless it's those I use to battle with other players.

4. Did you do the Pokemon Contest when you first got to Slateport?
    Yes. Afterall Lisia kinda forced me to participate.

5. Which bike did you choose when you first got to Mauville?
    Mach Bike, so that I could progress faster.

6. Where did you establish your first ever Secret Base?
    I was kinda forced by Aarune to build one on the spot, so there it was.

7. What was the first Pokemon you Mega Evolved in the game?
    Blaziken

8. Did you catch any Pokemon from the Safari Zone in your first playthrough?
    Definitely. But can't remember which.

9. Did you keep Groudon/Kyogre on your team after you caught it?
    Nah. To me, legendaries are so precious that I keep them just for display. Can't risk scratching them.

10. What was your championship team?
    Basically it was all the Pokemon I caught early in the game, plus my starter.
    Blaziken
    Linoone
    Swellow
    Lombre
    Mightyena
    Gardevoir

Last edited:

CatAlert

[Insert User Title]
    Years
    For question 2, I honestly picked AS based on the appearance of the legendary, the color, and knowing ruby is my birthstone and I was feeling rather rebellious. Now that I know a few things about the games, I am glad I did, especially since water is now one of my favorite types.

Years
    Actually no. When they first came out, I didn't have a 2ds/3ds yet, so I didn't see the point of getting it yet. My reason for this was because I tried hard to hold off until the New 3ds came out. Unfortunately, I was so tempted by the need of a 2ds/3ds that I cracked and got a 2ds buying Pokemon X and Pokemon Omega Ruby in the process.

I chose OR because I guess I thought it looked cooler. I've never exactly had a preference for the games so I just went with it. Although for the gen 3 games, Ruby was the one that I played so maybe I just wanted to play it again even though it's a little different?

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    No, I had to wait 'til Sunday 'cause I was busy on Friday and Saturday. At least I got it along with my friend hahaha.

I initially wanted to pick AS over OR as Sapphire was my first game, but my friend was really keen on getting AS and I wanted to respect her wishes sooo...

Plus I'm more of a fan of the OR exclusives than the AS exclusives, well aside from Kyogre hahaha :v

Back