• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Organising those boxes

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2016
    Do you have any good ways of organising the PC boxes?

I have tried a bunch of things but no organisational strategy has seemed to work very well. The best for me so far is to not organise them at all other than to keep a special box for pokemon I like having in my party. There has to be something better than that!

One tip I find useful is to store pokemon at the end of the box so new ones I catch go at the start of the box.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    If I want to breed mons or got them from breeding I just labelled my box as "Breeding" and organize the mons that I want to breed or hatched eggs into the boxes. I can do the same with pokemon got from GTS/Wonder Trade/PSS Trade and label it as Trade and organize them in that fashion. Also, I can sort pokemon by their levels and named by boxes "Level #" so I can find highest level or least lowest

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I just go with what I've been doing ever since.

Box 1 is for catching pokemon just to complete the dex
    Box 2 is for the pokemon caught with the wrong natures (and probably useless IVs)
    Box 3 is reserved for those who I actually use in-game, including HM Slaves
    Box 4 or something else is for Legendaries or Special Pokemon (Fossils, One-timers, gifts, etc)
    Box 5 is for Eggs
    Box 6 for Trading
    Box 7 is for potential battlers

I don't really try to organize my PC Boxes according to types because that would be a little too time consuming. Though if i get into more competitive battles, then I would create boxes that would store my "teams" such as my Sun team, Rain team, Stall team, Balanced, or Dual Screen HO team.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I tend to organize them by primary type. I used to have to mix some types that were similar (Water/Ice, some combo of Rock/Ground/Steel, Ghost/Dark) , but that's probably not necessary these days since there are a ton of boxes.

Years
  • I do organize PC Boxes, mainly to put Pokemon that I think go well together in one box. Other than that, I only change the background in each box to at least make them able to stand out.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • Well, on my AS I have something like:

"Story Team"
    "Comp Team"
    "Utility"
    "NFT" (Shinies/Events/Legends)
    "Friend Trade" (Trading with specific Friends)
    "Pending Trades" (Pending things for other peoples here or on Reddit)
    "Breeding"
    "Random Eggs"
    "Scatterbug Eggs" (I've got Polar, Sun, and Mordern, hit me up if you wanna trade your pattern)
    "Item Storage" (Random things holding excess items)
    "Evo Stone Storage" (stuff holding random extra Evo Stones)
    "Megas" (To hold Megas and thier Stones)
    "Bank Vault" (Stuff to eventually go into my Bank)
    "Stuff to Evolve"
    "To Wondertrade A/B/C/ect"
    "Random/misc" (Stuff I have yet to store away somewhere)

In my bank I have a section for random Breedables, another for stuff in Bankballs, Random stuff, Cloned stuff, Trophies, Shinies, Pending Trades...

on my Y, it's just, EGGS EGGS EGGS!! D8

Years
  • Well in Pokemon Black I was going for a completed Pokedex, so I organized every single one in order. Other than that, I just throw them in a box without really caring what it's placement is.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I doubt I'm gonna organize my X/Y boxes honestly, the only organization I've done is label a box "MM" for shiny breeding with the foreign Pokémon I've acquired wonder trading :P Since I'm completing my Pokédex, there's too many for me to move around honestly.

y stri

Got no theme right now.
    Years
  • I don't organize save for putting all the pokemon I've hatched in boxes to themselves. Speaking of which I should probably release all the ones I don't need, I feel like I'm running out of space already.

Years
  • Never thought of trying to organize the boxes, since my method of putting pokemon into there is "does this box have room? if yes the pokemon is going in, if not well I'm using another box then." Makes for a huge random mess but whatever. X)

I could see myself organizing by type if I felt like it and actually remembered, but that's about it. That seems like the most useful way to go about it, since if I'm searching through a box I'm probably looking for a specific type to use anyway.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • In X, I have my boxes organized by type and in the boxes, they're in Pokedex order. After I had a box for each type made, I made boxes for eggs/new hatches, Pokemon I'm going to Wonder Trade, a box for Braixen (I collect them idk), one for Pokemon I'm keeping to breed/Masuda, and then boxes for shinies. I have like five boxes of shinies though and they're starting to rack up space, lmao. What started as a small collection became like...the main reason I play X nowadays. :P But they're all in order of how I got them.

I didn't even bother organizing my boxes in AS. I just have everything lumped together, but they're in the order I caught them and also the order I am evolving them for the Pokedex. I haven't worked on that in a while though. I find ORAS to be harder to level Pokemon up in as opposed to XY's cafes. :( So as much as I was looking forward to ORAS, the post game levelling up is just a pain. ...This is a completely different story, lmfao.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • In X, I have my boxes organized by type and in the boxes, they're in Pokedex order. After I had a box for each type made, I made boxes for eggs/new hatches, Pokemon I'm going to Wonder Trade, a box for Braixen (I collect them idk), one for Pokemon I'm keeping to breed/Masuda, and then boxes for shinies. I have like five boxes of shinies though and they're starting to rack up space, lmao. What started as a small collection became like...the main reason I play X nowadays. :P But they're all in order of how I got them.

I didn't even bother organizing my boxes in AS. I just have everything lumped together, but they're in the order I caught them and also the order I am evolving them for the Pokedex. I haven't worked on that in a while though. I find ORAS to be harder to level Pokemon up in as opposed to XY's cafes. :( So as much as I was looking forward to ORAS, the post game levelling up is just a pain. ...This is a completely different story, lmfao.

stay on topic loser omg

I can't believe that you did all of that organizing. I can't imagine having to organize 300+ Pokémon let alone 700+ O_O

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • I usually gather them by type, but it's kinda complicated almost at the end of the game due to the amount of Pokemon each type has, especially Water Type lols.

Then PokeBank came to the rescue, so I just store the extra stuff there.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I used to be pretty into organising my boxes. I used to organise them by their primary type in RSE, and in DPPt I moved to organising them into a lot of random boxes: legendaries, 'most used' (things like my favourite Pokemon, my False Swiper, a Pickup Pokemon, etc), a box for all my Ditto, a box for my Unown, a 'to breed' box, a 'to train' box (both for dex completion purposes), a starters box, and then lots of other boxes for the other Pokemon.

Now though I just leave everything everywhere in random boxes. I think having a 'most used' box and a Ditto box was helpful, but apart from that I'm pretty content having a messy PC. :P

Years
  • I have starter boxes, legendary boxes, a shiny box, a special box (for misc event Pokemon or ones who are dear to me), then boxes with Pokemon in dex order, then a holding box for caught Pokemon to go or ones for/from trade or to be hatched or evolved etc. I used to have separate boxes for trade and breeding and stuff but there's no longer room.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I organize my box with Pokémon corresponding to their native regions, for example Darumaka in Unova Box, Xerneas in Kalos Box and competitive ones in Competitive Box.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • In every recent generation, I begin by labeling Box 1 as Wild for all of my random catches and then press left to label the last box as Favorites. That way, I can put random junk as I go along with boxes 2, 3, 4, eventually making boxes 5, 6, 7 etc into Breeding Boxes and thus eventually making boxes 8, 9, 10, and so on Trading or Shinies. I'll always have my Favorites readily available. Often, I hoard too many favorites and end up working backwards... Boxes in the middle of the sequence are often empty!

When working on my National Dex to obtain the Shiny Charm in both XY and ORAS, I too organized by region. It was oddly satisfying to have many full boxes of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, etc in numerical order. It inspired me to create a live Pokedex, but I got too lazy to collect the middle stages...

Reactions: Sun

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I try to manage and organize them as best as possible, but it can sometimes get out of hand. I'll usually start tidying them up once I've filled 2-3 boxes up.

Back