• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    That's the funny thing though, people have a bad experience with one laptop and think the whole company makes terrible laptops that aren't worth the money you pay for them. That could have just been a bad egg lol. I had a Sony Vaio that would constantly crash, but that doesn't mean that Sony is bad or that I would never go near Sony again, it just means that computer was bad.

Years
    In my case though, I want a new laptop away from HP because my household has used HP computers for as long as possible. There are exceptions (such as my server being run on an eMachines tower, my brother's personal-built desktop, and more examples), but a majority of the computers that have existed in my house have been from HP. I will say that HP desktops are fine, but not so much their laptops.

Years
    I'm on an HP right now, and it's served me well for 3 years - at least before it started overheating and throttling down the cpu. Owning it taught me a lot about what makes a laptop important though - battery life, size, and heat being the most important thing to look at, at least to me. While it's been frustrating at times, it still gets the mission done, or I'm pretty good at tolerating mediocrity. Is there an ideal price point where you get most bang for buck?

Years
    That's the funny thing though, people have a bad experience with one laptop and think the whole company makes terrible laptops that aren't worth the money you pay for them. That could have just been a bad egg lol. I had a Sony Vaio that would constantly crash, but that doesn't mean that Sony is bad or that I would never go near Sony again, it just means that computer was bad.

Of course from a statistical point of view I agree with what you say. I admit I could have worded the following better;

"Toshiba is terrible for laptops though I can only speak from one experience"

I meant to place a greater emphasis on the bold part. As in I've only had one Toshiba Laptop and it was **** for me but that's just one out of millions and millions. That's what I was trying to imply from my post but perhaps I wasn't explicit enough there. Regardless, I'm the type of person who has a 'one chance' policy when it comes to buying products and such.

Years
    I'm on an HP right now, and it's served me well for 3 years - at least before it started overheating and throttling down the cpu. Owning it taught me a lot about what makes a laptop important though - battery life, size, and heat being the most important thing to look at, at least to me. While it's been frustrating at times, it still gets the mission done, or I'm pretty good at tolerating mediocrity.
    This is my experience exactly.

I've concluded that all computers are kind of crappy and designed to fail after a few years so it doesn't really matter what kind you get.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    I'm using an Acer laptop since 2009 and it's still working perfectly. Althought it break once because my dad kept putting viruses in it. But when my dad isn't breaking the laptop, it's very good.

Got it for around 150$ on boxing day and I love it. I also upgraded the spec of the laptop because I used it for gaming but I don't really use it anymore. I spent over 300$ on the spec which would come around 450$ minus the tax. So the laptop is A LOT more powerful than let's say a Macbook Pro that would range around 1100$.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    The HP laptop I'm using right now's been around for about 3 years, I think? It broke down a year ago, though, and my dad shipped it off to get it fixed.

Of course, instead of admit that the computer hit it's lifespan, my father saw it fit to blame me for breaking the damn thing.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    The HP laptop I'm using right now's been around for about 3 years, I think? It broke down a year ago, though, and my dad shipped it off to get it fixed.

Of course, instead of admit that the computer hit it's lifespan, my father saw it fit to blame me for breaking the damn thing.

I know how you feel, everytime my dad breaks the desktop or the laptop, he blames me for breaking it, when he's the one putting viruses in the damn thing >>

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    ^BASICALLY MY RELATIONSHIP WITH MY DAD in terms of computers.

He's the one that downloads virus-loaded torrents on every computer in the house, yet he blames me for doing so. There are times I just want to ban him from technology in general. It's a good thing that all of the cases I've gone through with viruses I was able to fix them quickly.

Years
    To tell you my parents' perspective on technology: they want new, but need help in using new. My mom literally bought a book to use with tips and tricks on her iPad 2, but its stuff you could easily find on the internet, and she did the same when she got her iPhone 4. Me? I don't need that stuff at all, I just explore a device as it's new to me and learn how to use it without the need of a book.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    There is no need to ever buy a book on how to do something anymore. The Internet pretty much has everything.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    I just did a new signature so I don't know Dipu but I remember liking Teen Titans younger.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Teen Titans? I initially liked it, but after having some kind of nightmare regarding it, I never watched it ever since...

Years
    Four other people should totally do a Teen Titans collab with me, if not more.

I would have definitely been Starfire, she looks the most like me. But I want to showcase new X & Y Pokemon right now, no wonder I am indecisive with what themes I keep up. Plus I only just made this Inkay theme.

But still, Teen Titans is a great cartoon despite me never even watching it.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I clearly remember the first Teen Titans series. I only watched a few episodes then I stopped. I really liked the animation, and Starfire <33

Years
    Four other people should totally do a Teen Titans collab with me, if not more.
    Ahh, Tean Titans. I miss the original TT show. I'm not too fond of Teen Titans Go, which is the comical spinoff of it. I could be Robin if anyone hasnt claimed it yet :P

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I used to watch Teen Titans all the time when it first came out. That was an amazing cartoon. Beast Boy was my favorite character, since I liked that he inserted just enough humor to make sure the show didn't get too heavy.

Not sure about the new Teen Titans Go, since I've never seen an episode of it.

With computers, I've had decent luck with HP. My current HP computer is one years old, and it doesn't have any problems. The one I had before that was four years old before the power supply just died, the CD drive stopped reading discs, and it just needs a new graphics card because the current one isn't powerful enough for the Sims 2. The tower's just sitting under my desk, waiting for my decision on if I'm going to get rid of it or try to fix it. All comes down to the Sims 4 and if I like it or not.

SchwarzRozen

Sugary Delight
    Years
    So I just feel like ranting this somewhere.

My 3DS's screen broke, and to get it fixed it will cost me the same price to get a new one (I got it used for 115, and it would cost 90 to fix it through nintendo plus 2-3 weeks of shipping)

I've only had it for three weeks T,T

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back