• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pikachu clones/electric rodents, yes or no?

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
    Years
    I'm ashamed to say that due to their cuteness I can never get enough of them. I won't discriminate on the cute little dudes so I can't say I dislike or like one more than the other. I'd have them all as plushies if I could.

I mean I can. I just need to get around to it.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I like their design as a concept, and I even do like using a few (Emolga was pretty good during an Electric mono, and I very much enjoy Mimikyu in general) but it's not like I use them all the time or something like that.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    Not particularly fond of them, to be honest. They don't serve much of a purpose beyond appeal, and only a few of them are actually worth using in a playthrough imo. The fact that Dedenne's Scarlet dex entry states that its electricity-generating organ is "not fully developed" yet it can't even evolve into anything makes me wonder why these things exist beyond adding just that microscopic bit of flavor to a generation. If most/all of them were like Raichu and Pawmot in terms of power or Morpeko in terms of uniqueness, I'd forgive them a little more. But as it stands, most of these Pokémon are filler at most to me.

oh yeah i guess that makes se jun parks vgc 2014 accomplishments even cooler but iunno itd be cool if pachirisu wasnt awful beyond its specific niche

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I pretty much never use them because I end up liking other electric types more, but I do like that they exist. At this point even if they're largely a gimmick, I think they're cute and I always look forward to seeing what the Pikachu clone will be with each generation that releases. I don't think every Pokemon added needs to be super viable in the games, especially with how sprawling this franchise is. If they add something so it can feature more in the anime or just as a cute plush to fly off the shelves, I think that's perfectly valid too lol.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    I stand corrected on my post from earlier this year now that Generation IX has started.

The Pawmi line are now my favourite Pikaclones below Mimikyu. Moreso Pawmo, to the point I could have been happy if it had been single-stage and had its evolution's stats. I just love its lighter fur, long potato-like body and adorable cry!

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    They are mostly a "yes" by my point of view, even though I don't happen to use them very often. I think they got better during the newer generations thanks to stuff like Mimikyu and Morpeko as they're introduced with different types, not just electric.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2023
    I like them. But I actually think they should be even more similar to Pikachu. The Pawmi line kind of strayed too far off for me.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    Some of them are decent designs, but none of them have ever made my favorites list. A lot of them are forgettable, the newest games' version especially. It would be memorable for having evolutions, but then they're just larger versions and that's it.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    Pawmot is definitely my favorite Pikachu clone right now. I used it in my main team during my playthrough and it didn't disappoint. It also looks so cute when it's swimming!

Years
    I like them overall, especially in Gens V-VIII, where GF experimented a little bit with them. Dedenne is probably my favourite out of them. On the other hand, Pawmi line from Gen IX is easily my least favourite.

Years
    I am open to other electric rodents as long as they do not feel like fillermon. I tried out Minun in my 1st Ruby playthrough, and on my second I settled for Manectric and never looked back. There needs to be a reason to have yet another Pikachu clone added. Hence why I really like Mimikyu, Emolga, and Dedenne because of their dual-typings and unique gimmicks.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    if there were more with rodents than pikachu i would be satisfied but theres too many pikachu-electric-clones than i can care for :/

Back