• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Player blacked out...

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    Player blacked out...
    A black out is like Pokémon's game over screen, aside from the fact you can continue playing, while losing some money. How often does your full party get defeated? On what occasions does this happen?

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    The only times that I end up blacking (or whiting) out is in battles where the difficulty has ramped up significantly from the previous battles, such as Cynthia in DP. (I still cry every time ;-;) Or, if I'm an idiot at the beginning of the game and get too arrogant.

Years
    I don't remember when it happened to me in previous games since my team is usually well-levelled so the chances are low. Though now in ORAS I had it happen to me again when I trained some Pokémon in secret bases and used the level release feature because I wanted more EXP. I pretty much stopped using that feature as a result.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2015
    I've just won the 8th medal in Pokemon Y and i think Ive only black out 3 or 4 times

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
    Very rarely, honestly. In the main games it practically never does.

I want to know why you BLACK OUT, though... is this one of those "Yu-Gi-Oh is just a card game but if an attack is strong enough it can HOSPITALIZE people." things?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    It doesn't happen much, it only does if I'm not well prepared.

Years
    I don't recall the last time I had an actual blackout... I think it was in Platinum if I recall right, and on my latest restart of the game a few months back because damn those Gym Leaders can surely overpower you even early on.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    The only time I ever black out is during the Elite Four, because if you're not leveled enough, fighting the 5 strongest trainers in the land one after another can actually be quite difficult :P In fact, depending on the games (HG/SS, for example), I'll sometimes go into the Elite Four with the full expectation that I'll black out a few times before I'm strong enough to actually beat them. This isn't a big problem in HG/SS, because I can just leave all my money with my mom, so I don't lose any.

Now the question I've always wondered is, why the heck does the player black out when they're beaten in a battle? o:

Embernight

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2022
    This happened to me mostly when battling Blue in FireRed. I actually have a small fear of rivals showing up in the game and then trying to challenge me when I'm not prepared because of FireRed. I also have a habit of wandering onto the next route without fully restoring my team just to see what kind of Pokemon are hiding in the grass, so this kind of thing happens often to me.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I hardly ever black out during the games, since my pokemon are normally high above the levels of my opponents. The only times I do are when I'm against the champion, because I'm tired of grinding for levels at that point and just jump right in the battle where we're about even. Most of the time I avoid blacking out, though.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    The last time that I blacked out in a Pokemon game was my last playthrough of FireRed. I lost to the Elite Four because I just wasn't strong enough. Went back and grinded a bit to be stronger.

But usually I can make it through a playthrough without ever blacking out.

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
    I have only blacked out a total of 6 or 7 times, and it was when I started back in Pokemon and I started playing White 2. I blacked out one time on the very first gym, blacked out 3 times in one of the battles with Hugh because of his Serperior, I think one time against one of the Elite Four members, but I do know that I blacked out against Iris 2 times. However, I have not blacked out during anytime when I played X and I haven't blacked out so far in Omega Ruby.

Vengeful One

I'll put something amazing here eventually...
    Years
    The only time my character blacked out was in Pokemon Sapphire when I was leveling up weaker pokemon by going through the elite four and didn't have enough revives and lost against the 4th.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    It really only happens if I am training low level pokemon and I get overpowered or something. Back in Diamond/Platinum, I blacked out a lot with Cynthia and one time I blacked out to a Psyduck. A Psyduck.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
    Not remembered when Blacked out... but i recall that i got blacked out by the last leader of Elite Four(Though i think i'm playing mindlessly haha that's why i'm black out)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I really have a hard time, trying to black out and even when I make battles intentionally harder, it still only rarely happens.

There's one thing, that has always been bothered me about this "black out and return to Poke Center"-thing, though: you lose against the evil team leader in a decisive battle, which should give him the opportunity to make his plans come true. But instead he lets you return to the Poke Center and then just waits until you return in order to foil his plans.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    FireRed, Vermillion Forest. I only had a Squirtle and it was poisoned by a trainer's Weedle. No antidote nearby where I was. I whited out and just stared at my screen. :D

I'm pretty cautious with making sure that my party members are fully healed as often as possible. So, I can't think of another time when I blacked out. I did have to reset after failing some gym battles with my HGSS challenge team (team of 4).

Yosei

~dIsToRtIoN~
    Years
    Steeeeeveeeeeen >.> That is the only time I blacked out in all of Omega Ruby .-. In Y I was stupid and just got distracted by multitasking a lot ^~^"

Back