• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Plush

Ida13

Gone For a While
Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    Why do people say plush are for little kids? It is like every time someone finds out I collect pokemon and digimon plush they laugh because I'm apparently too old for it.
    What are your opinions on how people see plush collectors?
    It doesn't matter if you are a collector or not, all opinions are welcome.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    My mom still actively collects stuffed animals and at this point she's more enthusiastic about them than I am, so I definitely don't think you can put an age on it, lol.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    imo someone who won't respect your interests isn't worth being friends with. I personally have no problem with them, I have a bunch myself, and I'm not planning on getting rid of them

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I'm a plushie collector. People who say it's for kids is full of shit. There is nothing wrong with having a collection. I'm always getting plushies. It doesn't matter what it is. I have plushies from Disney Junior. I even have a little Maleficent plushie. I also have TY Beanie Babies from when we lived in Maine that I got there. These are all very valuable to me as well. I have favorite plushies like my Espeon plushie right now. Her name is Mina. Plushies are the kind of friend that are always there when you need a hug ASAP. They never betray you. They never let you down either. They are always there for you no matter what you are going through.

So, the people saying plushies are for kids need to stop. It's just like how they say Pokemon is for kids as well... yet you have a dozen older players like myself that play. I don't get what goes through people's mind. I guess they think people who own stuffed animals are pedophiles. *rolls eyes*

Years
  • I'm always calledchildish and stupid for collecting plush, but it's something I like to do, so I just ignore them.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Nothing wrong with plush stuff. It's not like they are toys. I use them for decoration.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • Shamelessly collecting Pokemon Plushies and I don't care about what other people might think, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • There's nothing wrong with collecting Plushies if someone has an problem with you collecting them, they are not worth your time.

Years
  • My mother used to have an issue with my ever growing collection of plushes, but for the last couple years, it has died down.

She eventually came to accept that I hoard plushes and then I came around to realize that they were taking up 3/4 of my bed so I decided to keep those that had memories attached to them (i.e. gifts from others).

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • i say do what you want as long as you're not creepy about it. im an adult and i still have my plushes from when i was a kid. i don't think it's weird. theyre sentimental and nostalgic, and i did recently buy a ninetales plush from a convention. so, youre not alone in that regard.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    my honest perspective is that it comes off as silly/immature, but do you regardless

Years
  • I think there's nothing wrong with it. I've been in three Pokemon Centers in Japan and have seen adults buying Pokemon plush regardless of a personal collection or as a gift, even straight guys are into it. They're all cute and good to look at.

Back