• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
  • Sorry if this may seem like a noob question, but is this hack able to play on android? If so how would you be able to download it on one of the emalutors available on the play store?

Yes , it is playable on android. All you have to do is get an emulator as well as an app called unipatcher(for patching both ips and ups files) from play store. Then download Gaia beta from the link provided in page 1. extract it.. Then open unipatcher app select patch file(extracted .ips file) and patch it to fire red.gba (U) file(download from coolrom.com) rom. Then open it in emulator and play :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    This hack concept is great. new abilities , new moves and new pokemons wow man!!!

I cant wait it to get completed, i only play hacks only after its completion. But no hurries take your time and make it great. [hope it will become hack of the year]

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2017
    Yes, this is a known error.

Finished Beta 1.1 now. Overall I think the route changes were huge improvements. I really liked the snowy town as well, this is turning to be a great game!

I continued my save from last time, Im using Geodude, Vulpix, Prinplup, and Luxio. Quite lucky with my Pokemon choices seeing the types of the first two gyms.

Minor error report in the decap:
    It says "Smeargle StockpileD 1" with Capital D.

Other ideas and opinions
    - I think that the Art master should have a longer speech before and after the battle and perhaps only have 3 or 4 Pokemon (Amount isn't a big deal, but would be nice if speech was longer).
    - The Fire Gym Leader had a really nice speech before battle but no speech at all after battle. Perhaps have her say something more before handing over the TM?
    - Are all the Unova starters in the game? I noticed the fire starter in the Gym. Perhaps you could add an event in some upcoming town similar to that in X/Y where the Professor lets you choose a second starter out of the Unova starters?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Sorry if this may seem like a noob question, but is this hack able to play on android? If so how would you be able to download it on one of the emalutors available on the play store?
    It should be, yes.

This hack concept is great. new abilities , new moves and new pokemons wow man!!!

I cant wait it to get completed, i only play hacks only after its completion. But no hurries take your time and make it great. [hope it will become hack of the year]
    Thanks!

Man!! current beta is too short.. hope next beta will be long and at least contains up to 4th gym
    The next beta will definitely be longer, yes.

Finished Beta 1.1 now. Overall I think the route changes were huge improvements. I really liked the snowy town as well, this is turning to be a great game!

I continued my save from last time, Im using Geodude, Vulpix, Prinplup, and Luxio. Quite lucky with my Pokemon choices seeing the types of the first two gyms.
    Thanks!

Minor error report in the decap:
    It says "Smeargle StockpileD 1" with Capital D.
    Yeah, this is a known error.

Other ideas and opinions
    - I think that the Art master should have a longer speech before and after the battle and perhaps only have 3 or 4 Pokemon (Amount isn't a big deal, but would be nice if speech was longer).
    - The Fire Gym Leader had a really nice speech before battle but no speech at all after battle. Perhaps have her say something more before handing over the TM?
    Hm, I'll take these into consideration!
    - Are all the Unova starters in the game? I noticed the fire starter in the Gym. Perhaps you could add an event in some upcoming town similar to that in X/Y where the Professor lets you choose a second starter out of the Unova starters?
    Tepig is actually available at the Foot of Mt. Ignis in the wild, but the others are not as of yet. I may add an event like this in the future, though not necessarily for the Unova starters.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Work has been somewhat slow, because I've been doing mostly behind-the-scenes stuff: I've updated every Pokémon's learn set from Gen. 1 to Gen. 3 to be their Gen. 6 versions, and have successfully inserted, at the very least, the sprites, cries, icons, data and move sets for every Pokémon up to Samurott (including some others after that). I've also started work on the next few routes and events, namely Frozen Climb and Ignis Roost:

3CFjLsb.png
    ZYRuB5s.png
    08J1eXZ.png

Mf7jcVJ.png
    UB9BYmN.png
    SUW9uch.png

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • Work has been somewhat slow, because I've been doing mostly behind-the-scenes stuff: I've updated every Pokémon's learn set from Gen. 1 to Gen. 3 to be their Gen. 6 versions, and have successfully inserted, at the very least, the sprites, cries, icons, data and move sets for every Pokémon up to Samurott (including some others after that). I've also started work on the next few routes and events, namely Frozen Climb and Ignis Roost
    Thanks for the update! Keep up the great work!

Quick question: Will Zigzagoon be available to capture? I love PICKUP, and waiting around for Meowth is boring lol. (not to mention I don't know any others that have PICKUP)

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • Thanks for the update! Keep up the great work!

Quick question: Will Zigzagoon be available to capture? I love PICKUP, and waiting around for Meowth is boring lol. (not to mention I don't know any others that have PICKUP)

This isn't just a plain Fire Red hack where you have to wait for Meowth. I don't even know if Meowth is available. If you had played the demo you would know Zigzagoon is literally found in the first route, along with Bidoof and Bunnelby, who both also have Pickup.

Also Spherical, just thought I'd let you know, Bela told me that Touched had developed a hack to extend the Kanto dex to past 255 (or whatever the limit was). I don't have the files or .asm or anything, but I thought I'd let you know so you could ask for it.

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • This isn't just a plain Fire Red hack where you have to wait for Meowth. I don't even know if Meowth is available. If you had played the demo you would know Zigzagoon is literally found in the first route, along with Bidoof and Bunnelby, who both also have Pickup.
    Ah, thank you kindly.

After the debacle with a certain hack I was VERY interested in after it being canceled I promised myself I wouldn't play betas anymore, except as to help or as a preferred Beta Tester, you know?

It will be nice to have a good stock of berries and some rare candies early on. :3

Years
  • Thanks for the update! Keep up the great work!
    Thank you!

Will all the Kalos starters be available in this Hack?
    I'm not sure: their data will be in there but I'm undecided on their availability for now.

Bela told me that Touched had developed a hack to extend the Kanto dex to past 255 (or whatever the limit was). I don't have the files or .asm or anything, but I thought I'd let you know so you could ask for it.
    Thanks for letting me know! The hack has been applied and it works great, so thanks to both you, Bela and of course Touched!

Dude, Will You Add Darkrai? Well Yeah, Hoping You Would x]
    Like I've said before, there is data for Pokémon up to Hoopa (with "data" meaning cries, sprites, icons, move sets (which often miss the odd move), stats, abilities (some don't have their actual ability), dex entries and egg moves), but availability and appearances are a completely separate thing. For Darkrai in particular, I have neither Bad Dreams nor Dark Void implemented yet, and, thematically, I don't see why it should be included, so for now I'm gonna say no to that.

This rom hack is awesome keep up the good work dude
    Thank you!

Finished the 2nd gym. Looks really good so far, I'd like to see the world map :)
    Thanks! I've slightly delayed creating the world map because I've found myself remapping quite a lot and I don't want to be constantly redrawing it, but I think for the next release there will be a map.

Much like last time I don't really have much to show, but this time I've inserted data all the way up to Genesect! Thanks to MrDollSteak, I also have the updated effect for Sturdy working!

nhAmTDS.png
    jdYN4VK.png
    PdNOQt1.png

sbV8XJi.png
    2IcvYkO.png
    DMGVAOl.png

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
    Years
  • Been away for a long time and I've got to say that I'm pretty much impressed from the new updates ! The new sprites and tiles look really good and the new items also look good( dusk / dawn stones) I'm looking forward to see further updates on this one .

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2022
    There is a weird bug I found regarding Endure, and if you're using Endure's effect for Sturdy it might be of some concern.
    When a pokemon with Skill Link hits something that uses Endure, the pokemon endures the first hit and then the attacking pokemon stops attacking - resulting in only one hit.
    I don't think that is supposed to happen, multi hit moves should go through Sturdy.
    I am no ASM expert, I just found that in MrDollSteak's rombase. This is if you've used Endure's effect for making Sturdy. I don't think it's supposed to work that way.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • There is a weird bug I found regarding Endure, and if you're using Endure's effect for Sturdy it might be of some concern.
    When a pokemon with Skill Link hits something that uses Endure, the pokemon endures the first hit and then the attacking pokemon stops attacking - resulting in only one hit.
    I don't think that is supposed to happen, multi hit moves should go through Sturdy.
    I am no ASM expert, I just found that in MrDollSteak's rombase. This is if you've used Endure's effect for making Sturdy. I don't think it's supposed to work that way.

Good spot, that is true. Doesnt pointed that out to me before.

We are actually in the process of writing code that makes this not happen with Sturdy and the Focus Sash, but to continue with Focus Band and Endure.

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • "this hack looks like it was made by Buddha, it has nice looking and i cant wait to play this good good :) :) :) :)"

Okay so onto something which actually has some grammar.

This hacks looks absolutely amazing so far, I haven't had the chance to download the beta and give it a go but just in terms of how the screenshots look I would say this is going to be a top hack, My biggest beef with hacks today is that they don't feel like a pokemon game and instead they try to throw 10000 different things at you and it ends up being extremely boring, but from just the screenshots provided it does look like something which would feel really nice to play and be consistently good.

The new attack animations, mainly talking about this one
    l7lOY81.gif
    look amazing, I hope all the new attack animations are as well coded as this one because in a lot of hacks the animations for the newer gen attacks are sloppy and really don't reflect well on the attack they're designed for but these looks superb.

Another thing which i think makes this hack look professional is having the pokedex actually working with entries, you see some which have errors and what not and I think if this is something you're releasing for a mass majority to play you should make sure it's up an acceptable standard and most of the minor details which make up a hack are usually buggy or done in a sloppy manor.

Again all my comments are coming from just looking at the OP and other screenshots you've dotted around the thread and I hope once I play the beta I can have even more good things to say about this. Cannot wait for it's completion. :)

Back