• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Pokemon Sun & Moon anime announced in CoroCoro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
I don't watch the anime but what's up with Ash's face in the revealed artwork? It looks ridiculous.

I'm hoping it's the awkwardness of the Z-move and him trying to do it correctly.

They've touched upon it in the XY anime where trainers move their arms (see Ash-Greninja for more) but he's never done it consciously.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
I don't watch the anime but what's up with Ash in the revealed artwork? Everything else looks fine but Ash himself was drawn poorly. His eyes in particular look off.
I noticed that too. It looks as though his eyes have gone back to their pre-BW look.

Karous

Captain Obvious
Years
It's not the pose or the silly facial expression, the art itself looks off. It really bothers me how awful he looks, check it out:

Spoiler:

Too lazy to crop but you get the point. And this wouldn't be a big deal if this were a legit artstyle change, but everything else looks fine. Kukui and the green haired girl are consistent with the existing art style, so this is a bizarre art style change that just affects Ash and makes him look like ass.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
I noticed that, I mainly attributed it to the pose.

Considering that Thursday is meant to be big for the anime in regards to Sun and Moon news, we'll probably get a better idea of the animation style then.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
You know, it sounds really hypocritical from fans complaining about the anime being the same, but when it's revealed that Ash is going to school for the Alola saga, they lose their minds through sheer negativity.

Years
You know, it sounds really hypocritical from fans complaining about the anime being the same, but when it's revealed that Ash is going to school for the Alola saga, they lose their minds through sheer negativity.

It's not like many fans have wanted Ash to go to school though, so the backlash that that plot line is getting is somewhat reasonable imo. Change is one thing, but this school thing is like taking Ash back to square one since he doesn't really need to be in that kind of environment almost 20 years into his journey (in real time, of course).

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
Pokemon becoming a School show is gonna be hard to adjust To but I don't see Ash being there long I'm sure he ends up traveling eventually the only thing is what will he be doing it there is no badges

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Pokemon becoming a School show is gonna be hard to adjust To but I don't see Ash being there long I'm sure he ends up traveling eventually the only thing is what will he be doing it there is no badges

Probably doing classroom trials, the Island Challenge. I'm hoping, anyway.

As for the artstyle change, I don't find it that bad...Ash has always looked odd in still art to begin with, ESPECIALLY Kanto, in my opinion. I sure as hell don't think he'll look like that animated.

The anime trying new things after 20 years of the same thing is interesting, at least, which is wny I'm not gonna out it until it airs.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
Probably doing classroom trials, the Island Challenge. I'm hoping, anyway.

As for the artstyle change, I don't find it that bad...Ash has always looked odd in still art to begin with, ESPECIALLY Kanto, in my opinion. I sure as hell don't think he'll look like that animated.

The anime trying new things after 20 years of the same thing is interesting, at least, which is wny I'm not gonna out it until it airs.

I believe classroom trials and island challenges will be one and the same. I'm predicting the beginning of each island will be school episodes then traveling filler to where ever the island challenge is which will probably take up a season each. I expect this saga to be fillered out and for the first time I think all of ash's companions might have the same goal.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
What would be cool if instead they bring this guy back:

130px-Emerald_Scott.png

Then it might imply that the school is for skilled trainers and Ash has his work cut out for him since he's no longer going against rookie trainers to start with or blasting his way through gyms/island trials. Would also be a nice way to keep Greninja in the anime (this is my biggest concern with the poster, don't show us this and then leave this story unfinished).

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
That poster was only leaked today and Serebii's already got a 38+ page thread on it. Good job producers and writers; you nuked the fandom yet again.

I admit I didn't see the school concept coming but I sure did see Ash's companions being ditched, and I don't see his Greninja so he might be out of the picture too. Another rinse cycle... except this time he doesn't even get a league to challenge he instead gets to attend school and slowly die inside like millions of real life middle school kids.

I'm sorry.... what? Ash is an incredibly skilled trainer. He was given the offer of being a gosh dang Frontier Brain. Why's he gotta attend a school in a tropical region for? I know people are saying there's a possibility that he just got accepted into a really high level trainer's school for the absolute best-of-the-best to learn and improve but in the games there are no such thing; the only schools in existence are for little children who are just learning about Pokemon, and given the writers' penchant for making Ash start over I fear it's the same exact thing. It might still be good but I'm not really holding my breath.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 17, 2022
Lolll Ash's face. I'm quite curious how the Sun and Moon anime is going to play out and unlike some people I'm not going to judge it yet and presume it's going to another BW series. I'm going to give the Sun and Moon series a chance before I decide if the series is worth watching or if I should drop it. Also anyone who still thinks Serena is going to join is in complete denial, hate saying it but she's not coming. lol some people are going crazy just because she's not going to appear in the sun and moon series, I have no problem with Serena's character but some of her fans are just well yeah. If this series does end up being like another BW series then that would be very disappointing so let's just hope it won't be.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
When I really think about it, it seems to me it'll be what YuGiOh GX was to the original series.

In a school setting, but Ash isn't really going to be confined to classrooms and stuff.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
I don't watch the anime but what's up with Ash in the revealed artwork? Everything else looks fine but Ash himself was drawn poorly. His eyes in particular look off.
To me the poster looked like it was drawn in a comic book/manga style. I wonder if the poster is the cover of one, or it was purposely drawn in that style. I don't know if it's necessarily how the character design will look.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
The trials themselves interest me, since we already know that Sun and Moon will be 12 hours apart to play with the Night and Day mechanic. I wonder how they'll implement that in the show. Will each trail have two parts for night and day (So far there are only 4 islands and 4 trials, confirmed so having the test in two parts would make sense as to have 8 challenges Like the 8 Badges :D) or will a trail be for night or day exclusively.

Couldn't have been said any better.

I, though, would still prefer a starterless Ash, but that's me.

Hmm I could see him without a starter. Rockruff does exist. Who, is said to be as important as the starters. But if the whole two final evolutions for starter rumors are true, I doubt he isn't going to get at least one...

Also hoping for his Lizardon to come back...this is the perfect time for him to come back...

But I can only dream.

Also R.I.P. Amourship it was fun while it lasted.
6009d0f09c74544c0613d8221855bb6c.jpg

BTW probably why the new female protag isn't in the Sun moon teaser :D

Years
So, we know Ash will be going to "school" in Alola, and looking further at it I think it may be based on what was seen in these game trailers for Sun & Moon: Click here

I'm advising to watch them since it could give us an idea on how the plot is getting handled. In the trailers linked here, we see a Japanese boy moving to Hawaii and he starts school there. The protagonist in the Sun & Moon games is said to have moved to Alola from Kanto, and my guess is that the Island Challenge is a sort of program trainers in Alola attend to learn about the region's culture as well as doing the island trials. Also, as I saw in a Japanese trailer for Sun & Moon, the protagonist has a charm on their bag which I believe also has something to do with the Island Challenge.

What do you guys think of this theory?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 28, 2017
After watching that ad with the real kids I'm starting to believe Hau's supposed to be the new main girl ^_^
All jokes aside, the chances of him being one of the companions is really high.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
After watching that ad with the real kids I'm starting to believe Hau's supposed to be the new main girl ^_^
All jokes aside, the chances of him being one of the companions is really high.

oh my god

Would I kill to see Hau travel with Ash. It's interesting to note Hau's not in the picture, either, so I wonder why he wasn't in the shot. @_@ Weird.

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
Years
Hau could be Ash's main rival throughout the series, like Sawyer. He is most definitely will be in the anime, because Hala is a kahuna, it'll be weird if Hau is totally absent in Alola Saga.

Some might think that Sun/Moon female protagonist will be replacing Serena, but my choice is Lillie. Lillie could be a similar approach to Iris but may be better (being annoyed by Ash, actin like a princess or so).

I don't really know why all the trial captains are there though. Are they the teachers or students to the school? If school is about trial challenge it'll be weird to have them appear as students.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back