• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Pokemon Sun & Moon anime announced in CoroCoro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
YES! I knew my bet on the concept art leaks being real wouldn't fail me. Now I can finally change my theme to something else.

R.I.P. short-haired Serena (and R.I.P. AmourShipping too), and hello Mallow.

Also, if you pay attention in the corner, there's a Mega Sharpedo in the corner over there...megas confirmed? wonder how this series will turn out, so far, it sounds weird...

Nope, that's a rider Sharpedo.

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
Years
Actually I didn't really noticed the Rotomdex near Ash. It was supposed to be Professor Oak's pokemon (he did own one). Interesting, do you think the Rotomdex will be owned by Ash? More importantly do you think Rotomdex can battle? I mean it's not a legitimate Pokemon yet as far as I concerned. Seeing Lana holding on Popplio in a small screenshot, Ash could either get Rowlet or Litten. Although Rowlet tend to fit Ash's team criteria (also he gets every grass starters except Chespin), I rather let Mallow have the Rowlet, and leave the Litten to Ash.

Goodbye Serena, I can't bear the ending of XYZ, I might shed some manly tears on that episode that comes within 1 month or so...

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
At least he is using a Rowlett, at least it appears so.

Also, if anyone is going to get Bewear, it'll be James, with most of his Pokemon being huggers in the past.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
So I'm not sure what to think on this news. It gives me Yokai Watch vibes, and I'll be honest, I find that show boring and dumb (no offense to fans though). Which the anime shouldn't be. However there's a lot of potential here.

To start, the school is a very interesting concept. It seems childish, but I'd be willing to bet this is more like a high school concepts. Why go to school?

Because Alola is one hell of a place! There's bears that break spines, sandcastle that consume pokemon and people literally landmines in volcanic areas, and much more. The region is completely different then any other region. We have Alolan forms, Z moves, and more. all concepts that is not in any other region.

My guess is Ash is sent here so he is prepared to travel. They want trainers to be informed, and realizing he could always learn more, Ash decide to go. This leaves him to go to the school. Which obviously won't take up the whole saga, but I could see it be the start. My guess is Ash stays with Oak's cousin for the start.

Here he seems to be meeting Lilie, Mallow, Lana, and Sopocles. Perhaps they all travel with him after school is finished, as Ash is going to need to get to the other islands. Perhaps the lapras is their source of travel.

Also if Ash is getting z rings, that means he is probably getting megas as the Z ring definitely holds it in Sun and Moon. Which means we may see that later in the saga, but that's just a theory.

And Ash is not losing his IQ. They hired all new writers for XY's anime, they won't just throw them anyway and everything learned in that saga.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
I agree with those saying let's not bash the series before it even airs. Who knows, the whole school thing could be interesting. It's different if nothing else.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
So I'm not sure what to think on this news. It gives me Yokai Watch vibes, and I'll be honest, I find that show boring and dumb (no offense to fans though). Which the anime shouldn't be. However there's a lot of potential here.

To start, the school is a very interesting concept. It seems childish, but I'd be willing to bet this is more like a high school concepts. Why go to school?

Because Alola is one hell of a place! There's bears that break spines, sandcastle that consume pokemon and people literally landmines in volcanic areas, and much more. The region is completely different then any other region. We have Alolan forms, Z moves, and more. all concepts that is not in any other region.

My guess is Ash is sent here so he is prepared to travel. They want trainers to be informed, and realizing he could always learn more, Ash decide to go. This leaves him to go to the school. Which obviously won't take up the whole saga, but I could see it be the start. My guess is Ash stays with Oak's cousin for the start.

Here he seems to be meeting Lilie, Mallow, Lana, and Sopocles. Perhaps they all travel with him after school is finished, as Ash is going to need to get to the other islands. Perhaps the lapras is their source of travel.

Also if Ash is getting z rings, that means he is probably getting megas as the Z ring definitely holds it in Sun and Moon. Which means we may see that later in the saga, but that's just a theory.

And Ash is not losing his IQ. They hired all new writers for XY's anime, they won't just throw them anyway and everything learned in that saga.

I agree, although I'll point out that writers are only told what to do by the producers. They wanted Ash to win the Sinnoh League, yet the producers needed him to lose for the reset of BW - hence Ex Machina Tobias.

I'm hoping that the XY writers are behind the production for SM though. If anything, at least the arcs will be compelling despite the different format of the anime.

Reactions: Z25

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
This does hype me up more for the possibility of those leaks on the anime not long ago being real, although I wouldn't be surprised if it is fake as it didn't mention the Extra Crispy Oak in it.

I don't know if it gives the Yo-Kai like stuff. Just because he may be going to school, which I think it means the trials still, doesn't means anything. Most animes revolve around some sort of schooling and usually they are the better shows, especially if it means more story and character dev. I have to agree that the show is really boring, but I think this saga is going to focus more on storyline which I am all for it. I really can't wait for the new era of Pokemon to begin.

If you remember, the trials are to bring someone into adult hood if I am not mistaking. I think that is what was said.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 28, 2017
Ok so I found someone's thoughts on this on tumblr:
What I think is that for the first few episodes he'll go to a school where they'll teach him how to perform all the different z moves, and when he's done he'll move on to explore the rest of the region.
And that got me thinking that hey, maybe that's just the staff trolling viewers with misleading shit? It wouldn't be the first time lol

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Ok so I found someone's thoughts on this on tumblr:

And that got me thinking that hey, maybe that's just the staff trolling viewers with misleading ****? It wouldn't be the first time lol

That would make sense. Perfect sense actually. I don't think School refered to the whole saga, nor do I think it meant the whole 1st season. I have a feeling that we might get 4 or 5 seasons similar to Johto though, 4 at least. Especially if it is 1 season per island, but looking at the map, there isn't a lot on 3 of the 5 known islands. I think there is still 1 other island, but I do not think Ash will go to it, similar to how he never went to the large island north of Sinnoh, even though they really should have with as many fillers as there was.

I wanted to repost this here in the new thread: Originally posted by Pinkie, who got it from somewhere else. Take it with a grain of salt. Corocoro did not debunk it, but it also did not confirm it.

I have no knowledge of how X Y & Z ends, I only know what happens when Sun Moon starts.

- Serena does not follow Satoshi
- Satoshi is very distraught however, talks about Serena to Lilie
- Satoshi meets Lilie on the ship
- Lilie is a student of Dr. Platane going to Alola to assist Dr. Kukui in his research
- Satoshi and Lilie arrive in Pinapperu City
- Dr. Kukui takes them to Papaye Town
- Hala taks Satoshi into Kapu Kokeko
- Pikachu is injured in battle
- Satoshi meets Mao and her brother Oleando
- Oleando watched Satoshi in the Pokemon League
- Oleando has final evolved form of Nyabby, belongs to their father
- Mao uses flowers and herbs to heal Pikachu
- Satoshi meets Hau
- Hau takes Nyabby from Dr. Kukui
- Satoshi gets Mokuroh, Lilie gets Ashimari
- Satoshi battles Hau and loses
- Pikachu recovers thanks to Mao
- Satoshi travels with Lilie, Mao, and Oleando
- Satoshi catches Tsutsukera
- Lilie catches Mimikkyu
- Mao has Amakaji and Rarantesu

Thats all I know

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
So they're turning the anime into a de-facto Persona clone now?

Where they go to school and they have to save the world at the same time?

That's... actually... quite disappointing.

But that probably won't stop me from watching it because there clearly isn't anything else on.

*sighs*

Still though... my disappointment is quite high.

{D:}

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 23, 2017
Everyone saying this will regress Ash This could work in tow ways.

A full reboot where nothing up till now really maters except basics like Ash,Pikachu and TR. Maybe Ash moves to Alola like in the games and has to go to school due to the region's culture.

Two and this could work better it is an elite school that Ash gets to go to after XYZ and Diantha pulls the strings. Maybe after Team Flare attacks Kalos time is spend rebuilding it and in that time Diantha offscreen tells Ash about this certain school so he goes to further his skills. I do hope they do GX and even my My Hero Academia stuff but with Pokemon.

Years
I have no knowledge of how X Y & Z ends, I only know what happens when Sun Moon starts.

- Serena does not follow Satoshi
- Satoshi is very distraught however, talks about Serena to Lilie
- Satoshi meets Lilie on the ship
- Lilie is a student of Dr. Platane going to Alola to assist Dr. Kukui in his research
- Satoshi and Lilie arrive in Pinapperu City
- Dr. Kukui takes them to Papaye Town
- Hala taks Satoshi into Kapu Kokeko
- Pikachu is injured in battle
- Satoshi meets Mao and her brother Oleando
- Oleando watched Satoshi in the Pokemon League
- Oleando has final evolved form of Nyabby, belongs to their father
- Mao uses flowers and herbs to heal Pikachu
- Satoshi meets Hau
- Hau takes Nyabby from Dr. Kukui
- Satoshi gets Mokuroh, Lilie gets Ashimari
- Satoshi battles Hau and loses
- Pikachu recovers thanks to Mao
- Satoshi travels with Lilie, Mao, and Oleando
- Satoshi catches Tsutsukera
- Lilie catches Mimikkyu
- Mao has Amakaji and Rarantesu

Thats all I know

In case if one doesn't know the Japanese names of the 7th Gen Pokemon mentioned, here's a list:
Mokuroh - Rowlet
Nyabby - Litten
Ashimari - Popplio
Tsutsukera - Pikipek
Kapu Kokeko - Tapu Koko
Amakaji - Bounsweet
Rarantesu - Lurantis

Also, Mao is Mallow btw

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 23, 2017
In case if one doesn't know the Japanese names of the 7th Gen Pokemon mentioned, here's a list:
Mokuroh - Rowlet
Nyabby - Litten
Ashimari - Popplio
Tsutsukera - Pikipek
Kapu Kokeko - Tapu Koko
Amakaji - Bounsweet
Rarantesu - Lurantis

Also, Mao is Mallow btw
I wonder if the jaopanese fans find the usa names as weird as we find the japanese names

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 20, 2016
That would make sense. Perfect sense actually. I don't think School refered to the whole saga, nor do I think it meant the whole 1st season. I have a feeling that we might get 4 or 5 seasons similar to Johto though, 4 at least. Especially if it is 1 season per island, but looking at the map, there isn't a lot on 3 of the 5 known islands. I think there is still 1 other island, but I do not think Ash will go to it, similar to how he never went to the large island north of Sinnoh, even though they really should have with as many fillers as there was.

I wanted to repost this here in the new thread: Originally posted by Pinkie, who got it from somewhere else. Take it with a grain of salt. Corocoro did not debunk it, but it also did not confirm it.
That leak actually gain some credence when it said Mallow has a Bounsweet. Not confirmed in in anyway, but it has some credibility behind it.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
Guys please keep an open mind. And, This is just one page of screenshots, we haven't even seen a Pre View yet, so please don't shit on it. Being negative this early just might ruin a perfectly good show for you...

Hope Ash/Satoshi gets Mukuroh/Rowlet as a starter... so he doesn't get another early flying type starter later on. (Especially since his XY team had three flying types)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Guys please keep an open mind. And, This is just one page of screenshots, we haven't even seen a Pre View yet, so please don't shit on it. Being negative this early just might ruin a perfectly good show for you...

Hope Ash/Satoshi gets Mukuroh/Rowlet as a starter... so he doesn't get another early flying type starter later on. (Especially since his XY team had three flying types)

Couldn't have been said any better.

I, though, would still prefer a starterless Ash, but that's me.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
Could never see Ash without a starter, given that (A) each region he's done this with and (B) we start each anime the same time we start the game associated with it. In a sense, we start that region adventure alongside Ash. The only difference is that we finish our adventure and sometimes start over just to do it again XD.

Truth be told, he'll probably catch Pikapek too in addition to one or more starters, because the region bird is almost always a necessity when Team Rocket inevitably steal Pikachu for the first few episodes.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
I was hoping Ash would get Litten, but that doesn't really fit him anyway :P
Kinda expected him to actually get another water starter, but I guess I was way off this time.
After seeing the leaked art of him with Mallo, I kinda figured Serena wouldn't continue traveling with him. I just hope her personality isn't similar to Iris, but I'll still watch it. Just maybe not as closely as XY.

Karous

Captain Obvious
Years
I don't watch the anime but what's up with Ash in the revealed artwork? Everything else looks fine but Ash himself was drawn poorly. His eyes in particular look off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back