• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Post four games that came out when you were 14.

Years
  • I'm adapting this from a Twitter Meme. Basically, post your four favorite games released the year you turned 14!
    Note: You don't have to have played them when you were 14, they just had to have been released in the year you turned 14.

For me:
    Xqd0N3O.png

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
    God this is one of my favorite games of all time. I've replayed this so many times over the past 15 years,,,

zqXSaj0.jpg

Animal Crossing Wild World
    I probably sunk the most time into Wild World out of these 4 games, tbh. I played so much! I even had a second cartridge so I could have a separate save. \o/

hWiPfe9.jpg

Pokémon Emerald
    Emerald definitely was such a great game. Still sad I lost my copy along with my GBA SP in late 2005.

wXRILtS.jpg

The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
    Minish Cap is such an underrated gem of the Zelda franchise! I would love for it to be remade on the Switch.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Zzp1Tcc.png

Actually still one of the best RPGs ever made and in dire need of a port and/or remaster for the Switch...and a better follow-up than the absolute disaster that was Dark Dawn.

InlahAp.png

My favourite Castlevania! Just about. Most people sleep on the GBA Igavanias but these took what Symphony of the Night started and improved it a thousand fold.

V3KSEHW.png

A friend of mine had this and god it was so difficult back in the day when we had no idea how to play SRPGs properly, haha.

ojf9d5J.png

I was firmly in the "I hate cel shaded Zelda" camp until I actually sat down and played this. Switch port of HD Wii U version when, Nintendo?

Years
  • I was 14 in 2010 and it was really great year for games. I can't even process that some of these games are so old. Can't I pick 20 games?

Amnesia-The-Dark-Descent-Cover-Art.png

Amnesia: The Dark Descent
    To this day, first Amnesia is my favourite horror game. It redefined the genre and I would say no game got to the atmosphere and the feeling of being watched ever since.

Alan_Wake_Game_Cover.jpg

Alan Wake
    Speaking of horror games, Alan Wake is another horror I enjoy from that year, but for completely different reasons. Alan Wake's main point isn't to scare you, but to tell chilling story. And it delivered.

220px-SuperMeatBoy_cover.png

Super Meat Boy
    This game did two things that changed my life. Firstly, it was the game I and my best friend bonded over (with Portal 2 taking it to another level next year). And it was also first indie game I've played and it introduced me to the indie games as a whole. And it was also first hard/rage game, something that I enjoy to this day.

220px-Back_to_the_Future_The_Game.PNG

Back to the Future: The Game
    Long before Telltale Games became famous for their The Walking Dead game, I was enjoying Sam & Max and Back to the Future game. Back to the Future is my favourite movie, so I was really enjoying this game, even though I didn't like episodic approach, but overall it was fine adventure game.

Honorable mentions:
    Darksiders
    Bioshock 2
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    Mass Effect 2
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2
    Kane & Lynch 2
    Heavy Rain
    Epic Mickey
    Pokémon Black & White

Last edited:

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen today
    Give me six years and I'll let you know

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I was 14 in 2006, so to name 4:

-Disgaea 2
    -Xenosaga Episode III: Also sprach Zarathustra
    -Pokemon Red/Blue Rescue Team
    -Phantasy Star Universe

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • 2007 eh? Let's see here:
    Etrian Odyssey
    Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology (NA)
    Halo 3
    Digimon Word Dawn/Dusk

I haven't played any of them tho.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • some of my favorite games of all time released in 06

mother 3
    the legend of zelda: twilight princess
    kingdom hearts II
    guitar hero II

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Oho when I turned 14, what a year!

• Mass Effect 3
    • Fire Emblem: Awakening
    • Persona 4 Golden
    • Final Fantasy XIV (but before it was good)

These are the ones that just stood out to me. There's so many more, and I'd slap my 14 year-old self silly for not playing them then.

Years
  • 14 year old in 2012, let's see what the offerings were:

d507o25-480da18a-ec3f-44bf-9f9a-1ae48e14236c.jpg

Pokemon Black and White 2. Solid stuff right here. Off to a great start. It's something I've actually played.

220px-Super_Hexagon_-_iPad_Hexagoner_02.png

Super Hexagon. Smaller title but I hope this still counts. Did play it a bit after watching some crazy dudes on Youtube get insane scores. Could never get to their level sadly...

220px-Far_Cry_3_PAL_box_art.jpg

Far Cry 3. Was never quite the fan of triple A titles like this (hard to be considering I couldn't play them at the time thanks to such an awful office PC as the only one we had in the house), but a lot consider it a classic now, so it's worth a mention

Journey_Title_Poster.png

Journey. Saw this a couple times in a gaming magazine and I really wanted to try it. Again, couldn't because I had no access to consoles growing up.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    I turned 14 in 2009, so let's see...

Assassin's Creed II
    Played AC2 as part of the Ezio Collection this Summer. Dropped it because I hated the combat and clunky controls. Enjoyed the story so there's that.

Uncharted 2: Among Us
    Never played, but it's part of the Nathan Drake Collection which I do own. I'll get to playing the Uncharted series someday.

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
    Never played even though I owned a DS. Wouldn't mind a remake on a modern console.

Pokemon Platinum
    The US release of course. Pt is one of my favourite Pokemon games.

Last edited:

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • Became 14 in 2010... let us see

CoD: Black Ops 1, the game that got me addicted to the zombies gamemode. Ah how I miss those times playing splitscreen on a PS3 with my dad trying to reach high rounds.
    Now it's all solo work :(

StarCraft II: never knew this came out in 2010 wow

Civilization V: denounced for releasing that year

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2010: Was fun to play despite the lack of customization

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 16, 2023
    I became 14 on April 28 2011:

Sonic Generations
    Super Mario 3D Land
    Mario Kart 7
    Zelda Skyward Sword

I played these, but truth be told, I hardly played anything new outside of that. When I was 14, I mostly played retro games (4th gen mainly), and hardly got anything new at the time. It was like that for pretty much all of the early/mid-ish 2010's for me in general.

Years
  • Great idea btw! I turned 14 on July 3rd, 2008.

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (Maybe my favorite game ever)
    Pokemon Platinum
    Left 4 Dead (Oh hell yes!)
    Super Smash Bros.: Brawl

Gotta say, this is a bangin' list!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Mario Kart 8
    Five Nights at Freddy's
    Destiny
    Super Smash Bros for Wii U

I think it was an interesting year for games

Years
  • I didn't actually play any of these until 3 years later when I was 17 but I turned 14 in 2007.
    - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney − Justice for All (This was actually my first AA, I played the original trilogy out of order)
    - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney − Trials and Tribulations
    - Persona 3
    - Portal

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2022
    Great idea btw! I turned 14 on July 3rd, 2008.

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (Maybe my favorite game ever)
    Pokemon Platinum
    Left 4 Dead (Oh hell yes!)
    Super Smash Bros.: Brawl

Gotta say, this is a bangin' list!

Oh wow, I am literally five days younger than you :O That is amazing

My favorite four from 2008:
    Spore (I know, weird, not sure if I should still be irritated about how that game turned out)
    Smash Bros Brawl
    Mario Kart Wii
    I would probably say Platinum too, even though I have never actually played it lol, but if it is basically diamond/pearl but better, than I would probably like it.

Years
  • As much as there are some great years I've seen here, 2004 was DEFINITELY the most iconic and defining in terms of gaming! Four absolute SMASHERS off the top of my head:

- Halo 2
    - Half-Life 2
    - World of Warcraft
    - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Notable titles and favourite for me however:

- Tales of Symphonia
    - Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
    - The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
    - Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
    - TLOTR: The Third Age
    - Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines
    - MGS Twin Snakes/Snake Eater
    - Gran Turismo 4

Absolutely STACKED

Oh also - it was the year the Wii was officially announced!

Back