• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Procrastinating

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Alright, let's be real here... I think everyone is guilty of this at least once in their life, some more than others.

So, do you procrastinate? How often? And of course, what do you usually do while you procrastinate on your obligations (besides posting on this site)? What do you usually procrastinate on, is it homework, household chores, getting gas for your car, etc?

(I'm procrastinating on my essay by creating a thread about procrastination on a Pokémon forum, so meta)

Years
  • I have such a grand track record for procrastinating on everything schoolwork. When you have a professor that's literally no help, then procrastinating can injure your grades greatly. At least I had instructors in my previous semester that allowed usage of notes and the textbook on exams in the class, so I guess that kinda didn't help lol

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • To procrastinate, all it takes is one lengthy project and I'll never do the task till the last week before it's due. I usually play games instead of classwork, and I do this quiiiiite frequently.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Along with my million other tabs of PC, I probably have opened this thread a couple of hours ago and just procrastinated on replying to it.

Years
  • I procrastinate on basically everything :< Right now I'm procrastinating on going to bed lol. I usually spend a lot of time on tumblr when I procrastinate.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    I do it daily. the Internet is so much more interesting when you have homework due

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I procrastinate all the time. And when I procrastinate, I procrastinate doing other things that will help me to procrastinate. Like instead of doing work I decide to play a game, and then instead of playing a game I end up looking at music, but then I look at music for five seconds and think about doing something else until I've just been sitting here for an hour staring at a screen with nothing happening. I procrastinate on every little thing that could be procrastinated on.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I'm the queen of procrastination! No, seriously... when it comes to writing, I am the victim of this. I always put down my iPad and go play games. It's especially true when I can't think of anything to write or do for any ideas. :c I end up procrastinating because I just can't bring myself to do any writing whatsoever! It mostly pertains to me when I'm trying to write because it's so important to me.

Right now, I'm doing that very thing. Procrastinating. I can't think of a damn thing for a Christmas story, and I have at least three ideas or more. The problem is, I feel as though they all suck though. So, it's causing me to deal with this. It really sucks because I love writing more than anything. D:

Sirfetch’d

I used to be a chronic procrastinator. After I started going to college I guess that I just broke that bad habit. Now I try to do things as fast as possible so I will have more time later to enjoy myself.

...though I will admit that I still procrastinate my Christmas shopping :(

Schwarzer Regen

imagine my name in a fancy color/font, I'm just po
    Years
  • ... Eh I'll just respond later when I got time

Sometimes all I need to do something right now is just a little poke, while at other times (of which there are many) not even ten horses could get me to do something the next minute instead of tomorrow >.>

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Back when I entered high school, I didn't really procrastinate. Now I'm a chronic procrastinator.My semester GPA is probably going to below 3.0 this time. I procrastinate with pretty much every aspect of my life, even watching anime or getting Anki reviews done. Joining Pokecommunity has only made my procrastination worst.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • "Never make a decision until you have to." - Randy Pausch

Oftentimes I find procrastination to be my greatest weapon. Or perhaps that's the narrative I run through my head to feel better about it. :D It often helps me find out what matters, and how much I truly care to get it done. If I find an opportunity where I'm 110% from the get-go, it says a lot. If it makes me procrastinate, it helps me to step back and figure out why I don't want to tackle it now. Every time I get a job offer I defer to the next day, and always sleep on major decisions. Procrastination can be useful, in that way.

I often procrastinate on group assignments, because nobody seemed jazzed about projects and I can't stand doing it all myself. :( I also procrastinate on finishing my Nuzlocke runs (Pokemon), so that it doesn't have to end and the journey goes on forever. Outside of that, dishes, haha.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I've actually gotten better at not procrastinating in my adult years, I'm quite happy with myself in that respect.

Tokenslot

The TokenSlot Pokémon
    Years
  • "I'll leave tomorrow's problems to tomorrow's me" —Saitama

Probably the best quote for people who procrastinate

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I'll fill this comment with contents later

Norou

Drifting away into an illusion
    Years
  • I do it all the time, I was pretty bad at it with school work. I would start/finish projects the day before they were due. I procrastinate a lot of things, but lately it has been getting worse. I think it has to do more with my depression, I'm just not as motivated as I used to be so I tend to place things at the last moment. It's a really bad habit and it's one of the things that I don't really like about myself and hope to fix.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • I am a very impressive procrastinator, when I get REALLY into procrastinating I will attempt to register for every website in existence, (of course I forget about them all the next day), decide that sorting my bookmarks is now the most interesting activity in the world, start 10 new anime series, message everyone who is online... I get really into it.

Back