• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[QOTD #1] Why did you become a PC Supporter?

TY

I was bored and pressed the wrong buttons. Then I did the same for my gf #truestory

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I won two of my supporterships, formerly a T4 and a T3 by winning the 2012 and 2013 Easter Egg Hunt, respectively.

And just recently, someone with the name of Alex, I don't remember his full name but he donated me about $15 haha :33

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I mainly wanted to be supporter for the perks, but given I'm in such a tight-budgeted family my mother pretty much bans me from donating to anything that isn't necessary. I thought I was like, never going to be able to get a cool-looking profile until something happened come 2012.

It was during a Trivia Contest in a Get-Together event that year (which coincided with PC's 10th anniversary) and Oryx won a Tier 4 Supporter prize, however she was already a Tier 5 so that meant giving her prize to someone else. My birthday was also coming up and because she thought I deserved it, she gave it to me.

And then weeks after that, Echidna donated $5 in my name (which I did not expect at all, but he was doing a plan to cut the Tier 4 group down drastically) and that bumped me up to a Tier 5.

I was not expecting to become a supporter I admit, let alone a high-tiered one.

I DID NOT REMEMBER THIS AT ALL. Good thing you have a better memory than me I guess hahaha.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Nick (I literally can't remember his username now but patchisou yutohru) donated for me in 2008. Earlier this year I donated to give my boyfriend Gold supportership!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I donated because I wanted the email address that I never use.
    And then I donated again because Forever really wanted to be a supporter and she was my friend, so I wanted her to be happy.
    And then I donated again because BeachBoy wanted to post to the VIP forum when he was on staff and felt he couldn't because he wasn't a supporter.
    And then I donated again on this account because I lost my supporter status after having my old account deleted.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Eh, I just donated cuz why not. I don't really care about blogging and the other stuff

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I became a supporter because Steve has always been really good to me. He's sort of like a big brother to me, and I wanted to do what I could to help him. I had explained to my dad the struggles Steve has with trying to manage PC, and he said he would be willing to help by donating... thus me become a supporter. :3 I guess it was also because I wanted a blog too... even though I never use the darn thing. XD

Years
    The first time I donated in '09, I did so primarily because I didn't really like my current username and had hit the three month mark, meaning if I became a Tier 4-5 supporter I'd be able to change it XD On this account, I primarily donated because it felt odd not being a supporter and I couldn't transfer my status over. I also wanted a colored name, the option to use images for profile customization, and the ability to use BBCode in my usertitle (had to wait a bit for this, but it was worth waiting for <3).

Tek

Years
    I chose to donate because PC is fantastic. I chose the $5 amount so that I'd be Tier 1, and everyone else could see that I had donated.

I plan to donate another $5 so I can haz blogs, in which I plan to share my challenge runs and my experiences with learning to lucid dream.

(I shared my blog plans to attract attention to said blog)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I was only 2 weeks old as a member when I donated. I saw that PC was accepting donations, so I put $25 in, then Rukario gave me a blue italic name, an emblem, a blog, and access to this section. Why did I donate? I wanted to support the site, that was all. I wasn't sure if I was going to stay in the forums or not. But damn I'm glad I did.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I had the money to spend and I felt I had the time to invest into PC. Didn't stop me from leaving for six months though haha.

I first donated $25 right off the bat because $15 just seemed so arbitrary to me and I would have preferred to donate $20 because that's a nice, even number.. but then it's like if I donate $20 why not go ahead and do the full amount.

I then continued to donate after my account merge, placing me at $50. This was to actually help out Steve, support the forum, and all the good things that go along with it.

Shortly thereafter, I brought Yoshi and Mario to Silver tier. What can I say? I like Nintendo characters lol. Also donated another $25 on my own behalf.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I joined and saw all of these different names colors. I had no idea what they meant or how they changed their color so I did some excavating. I found the Donation thread and quickly had all of my questions answered. I honestly don't know why I donated so quickly, but I'm glad I did! I just had some extra money at the time and thought it would be cool to donate to this website.

Sirfetch’d

I originally donated because I wanted a blog, but i later donated for someone else with the intention of helping PC. I'll probably end up donating again someday as helping PC is great to do!

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I joined and saw all of these different names colors. I had no idea what they meant or how they changed their color so I did some excavating. I found the Donation thread and quickly had all of my questions answered. I honestly don't know why I donated so quickly, but I'm glad I did! I just had some extra money at the time and thought it would be cool to donate to this website.

Basically this for me as well... Plus,

• I use this forum quite a lot to de-stress. It has been rather effective, thus I feel I owe something to this forum. A donation is a great way to show my appreciation.
    • I would love to have a personal blog, however due to a lack of spare cash I have yet to donate that amount... Soon I will. Thank you so much elheroeoscuro for helping me!! I will never forget your kindness.
    • PokéCommunity has some of the friendliest people around. It is a wonderful community. ^_^

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Basically this for me as well... Plus,

• I use this forum quite a lot to de-stress. It has been rather effective, thus I feel I owe something to this forum. A donation is a great way to show my appreciation.
    • I would love to have a personal blog, however due to a lack of spare cash I have yet to donate that amount... Soon I will.
    • PokéCommunity has some of the friendliest people around. It is a wonderful community. ^_^

How much are you off by to get a blog?

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    How much are you off by to get a blog?

I've donated US$10. So far I have enough money for personal expenses, but I really want to save extra cash. I'll make extra donations once I've saved enough, since my PayPal account is directly linked to the bank.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I've donated US$10. So far I have enough money for personal expenses, but I really want to save extra cash. I'll make extra donations once I've saved enough, since my PayPal account is directly linked to the bank.

Don't worry about it - I just donated the extra $5 needed to bump you up to Gold Tier so you can start making blogs. The change will most likely be implemented later today, so happy blogging!

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Don't worry about it - I just donated the extra $5 needed to bump you up to Gold Tier so you can start making blogs. The change will most likely be implemented later today, so happy blogging!

Wow... Thank you very much! I honestly don't know what else to say, but thank you! :3c

Once I've saved enough, I'll help out another member as well. Besides, donations to this wonderful forum are well worth it.

Back