• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question of the Day

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    What trade(s) have you most regretted?

None, when I do trade, it's calculated and well thought out. I don't trade that often, unless it's wonder trade.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023

I haven't done online trading yet, so the closest is the Haunter holding an Everstone in D/P/Pt.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I haven't regretted any as of yet, thankfully! I likely would, though, if I were to give away my one and only Adamant Jirachi.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I'm not much of a trader, so I don't have any trades that I regret. ^^

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I've made the mistake of giving away a shiny before. It was in exchange for another shiny, so it wasn't a horrible decision, but still, I wish I still had the shiny I caught myself :( It was special.

Question of the Day

Do you prefer to download, or do you prefer to purchase hard copies of Pokemon games?​

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Do you prefer to download, or do you prefer to purchase hard copies of Pokemon games?

Hard copies. There's just no substitution. And besides, if the device is lost, I still have all my adventures in tact. I like the idea of of replaying these games years from now.

pkmin3033

Do you prefer to download, or do you prefer to purchase hard copies of Pokemon games?

Hard copies. I purchase video games at reasonable prices. I don't rent single-account licenses at outrageous prices. There is too much that is wrong with buying games in digital format for me to even consider it.

Years
  • Do you prefer to download, or do you prefer to purchase hard copies of Pokemon games?

I always get hard copies, because I have done so ever since I was a kid. Plus, like Alex/Wicked said, I am so used to buying hard copies anyway so that's that.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018

Retail copies, absolutely. I do have a digital copy of X on my 3DS though (also a retail copy), but that was from the free digital download that they were doing if you registered an Animal Crossing New Leaf code to Nintendo Club, or something like that. I do really like the convenience of having it digital, but I still prefer to have a full shelf of all of my Pokémon games lol.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Hard copies because sometimes downloading takes chunks of data due to large size also secure way if anyone wants to lend your 3DS systems if they want to play different game, data corruption on the SD card or lost the system or potential damage on the system. Having Hard Copies can ensure your save game locked onto one cartridge as having downloaded version would totally lost of progress if the above mentioned happen.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023

Physical of course. Nothing beats a good Pokemon collection on a shelf.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    For me, definitely Seafoam Islands. I remember always having trouble with it as a kid. Not sure how difficult it would be for me now, since it's been a while since I've played a Kanto game, it may have just been that I was a silly kid who stunk at solving puzzles :P

Question of the Day

What trade(s) have you most regretted?​

So far there has been no such things and hopefully none in the future, as well.

I've made the mistake of giving away a shiny before. It was in exchange for another shiny, so it wasn't a horrible decision, but still, I wish I still had the shiny I caught myself :( It was special.

Question of the Day

Do you prefer to download, or do you prefer to purchase hard copies of Pokemon games?​

Personally I prefer hard copies as it felt like really owning a game. Like you know, you can hold the game card with your own hands? XD I guess I'm old fashioned when it comes to things like this.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016

Hard copies for me, and that extends to any videogame. I just prefer having a retail copy than a digital one.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I prefer physical copies to digital copies. I feel like my copy is safer when I can move it from one system to another, somehow, and I like knowing that the copy is physically in my control/possession and not subject to whatever Nintendo decides to do in the future (though with required patches/updates, there is less of a distinction between physical and digital copies than I originally thought there would be). I also don't want to lose everything if my 3DS breaks. That being said, I have some downloaded copies (one each for X and Y) because I got those for free through a promotion (register one of six games and a 3DS or 3DS XL for a digital Pokemon download), and I've enjoyed them just as much as I've enjoyed my physical copies. But for whatever reason, while I feel fine downloading VC games and having them on my system directly, I prefer to have a physical copy if I'm paying more than about $10.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023

Hard copies, and that applies to all games for all systems.
    The only digital copies I have are games that don't have hard copies, and PS+ free games.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Which one I get depends on how I'm feeling. If I don't feel like going out to the store to buy a hard copy, I'll download it. If I don't feel like waiting 6 hours for it to download and install, I'll go out and buy it :P

Question of the Day

Who's your favorite Mystery Dungeon Pokemon to recruit?​

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Who's your favorite Mystery Dungeon Pokemon to recruit?

Pretty much any of my favorite Pokémon in general - Beautifly, Rapidash, Delcatty - just to name a few! I'm so excited to start recruiting my favorites in Super Mystery Dungeon, since I love a lot of Gen VI Pokémon and didn't get to play a PMD game with Gen V Pokémon since I never got into Gates. Also, so glad that we can pick between abilities now, that was kind of annoying how both abilities were active in the Explorers series...

Back