• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Just a quick question, How do I get it so it shows am online on Skype(on my pokecommunity profile/ next to my avatar on a post)? Ive added my account on my (pokecommuninty)profile, but it says am offline even though am online. When I click the skype logo, then click "Im Offline" speech bubble which leads me to sign in on skypes own site, after signing in there it still says am offline.
    It actually has to do with something on Skype's end, apparently.

Look under your privacy settings in Skype, you need to have the "allow my online status to be shown on the web" option checked for it to actually show you as being online in your postbit.

Years
  • On your Skype window, go to Tools > Options > Privacy Settings > Select "Allow my online status to be shown on the web" > Save~

It actually has to do with something on Skype's end, apparently.

Look under your privacy settings in Skype, you need to have the "allow my online status to be shown on the web" option checked for it to actually show you as being online in your postbit.

Excellent, all sorted now, Thank you very much.

Years
  • Would it be appropriate to put 'fabulous as fuck' as my usertitle, or would it be against PC's rules and whatever? I just want to know because I don't want to get in trouble for it later on. ><
    I would confirm with Audy (or another admin who may know) on this one, as I am not entirely sure if the censor filter is tied for usertitles or not. Until then, I think it'd be best to refrain from doing so.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I would confirm with Audy (or another admin who may know) on this one, as I am not entirely sure if the censor filter is tied for usertitles or not. Until then, I think it'd be best to refrain from doing so.

I could just censor the word myself if that's the case. I just wanted to make sure I'd be allowed to have it as a user title period. I know strict PC can be about the sensitivity towards these kinds of things. However, I'll try to ask Audy maybe since normally... I stay away from the high staff. :x

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • I don't get that mentor thing, I returned to PC as I FINALLY got de-banned from that COPPA thing and I want to know how do you exactly get a mentor! To anyone who replies thanks!

An one more question, can we use a picture a person made on deviantart our profile pic.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I don't get that mentor thing, I returned to PC as I FINALLY got de-banned from that COPPA thing and I want to know how do you exactly get a mentor! To anyone who replies thanks!
    The opening post of the "Adoption thread" tells you how to do this:
    Now, for you new members who are interested in having a mentor, can sign up to be mentees, in which, you can begin your mentee process by filling out this form below, and post it on this thread:

1. What sections/boards are you most interested in?
    2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about?
    3. How committed are you on being active and how well will you show interest in learning and asking questions?

Base on your answers, you'll be assigned to a mentor!
    Are things more clear now? :)

An one more question, can we use a picture a person made on deviantart our profile pic.
    Many do. But you should be careful - if the artist states that they don't want their art to be used elsewhere without their permission, you should ask them personally first (or simply don't use that art). You can give credit to the artist in your signature or something, to further let the world know that you didn't steal the art and aren't pretending that it's your own work.

But as I'm not an artist myself, I am not 100% sure of how picky people are with people cropping their pieces and using them for stuff as avatars, if I'm honest. Maybe ask the Art & Design moderator Fairy what she thinks? :) She won't bite.

Also, a little hint - usually we think double posting (twice in a row in rapid succession) is unnecessary on PokéCommunity, so you should refrain from doing so in the future ;)

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • How do I deactivate ALL email notifications?

Go to your Dashboard. Then select, List Subscriptions.

You should see all your thread subs, select all and go down to the drop-down box at the bottom of the page and open it.
    One of the options should be no email notifications under update subs; then after selection that option press GO.

Years
  • Ok im new here so im not sure how most things work here but i got a question if anyone doesn't mind helping out. Most people when i check out their trade shops or just trading in general said they will only trade with people with a trade thread. Can someone tell me about this and how can i start getting one down?

Years
  • Ok im new here so im not sure how most things work here but i got a question if anyone doesn't mind helping out. Most people when i check out their trade shops or just trading in general said they will only trade with people with a trade thread. Can someone tell me about this and how can i start getting one down?

Can you provide an example of this? Most traders I know and have traded with don't require one of those, maybe you misinterpreted it...?

But if that is the case, that just means they want you to have a trade shop. As long as you meet all the requirements listed in this thread, you should be allowed to have a public trade shop. Then these people should be happy to trade with you :)

Years
  • Yeah im sorry for any misunderstanding but i cleared it up with the person. Thank you for responding to my question anyway and clearing it up for me.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I know that this page shows all the post comments you received, but where can I find a list of the ones I gave? I'm trying to find a particular post I (think I) commented on, but I don't know where to find it, so I'm using the post comments I gave as a search medium. However, the User CP listings don't go back far enough.

as far as i know no page for that currently exists
    i've brought it up a couple of times but it's been lost in the shuffle it seems

Catman

Testosterone Incarnate
    Years
  • Go to your Dashboard. Then select, List Subscriptions.

You should see all your thread subs, select all and go down to the drop-down box at the bottom of the page and open it.
    One of the options should be no email notifications under update subs; then after selection that option press GO.
    I have no subscriptions. I want to turn off everything else, such as moderator emails and the pesky birthday email.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • I have no subscriptions. I want to turn off everything else, such as moderator emails and the pesky birthday email.

Go to your Settings (On the dashboard) and you should be able to untick all of these announcement emails.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    You're going to have to be more clear in your question so we can help you better. What game are you asking about? What problem are you having?

Still, this thread is for questions relating to the PokeCommunity forums themselves, and aren't for game help. You might want to check the OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire section or the X/Y section if the question is about those games.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back