• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I want to trade a Pokemon away, but I don't know exactly what I want in return, so I want to get some offers before I actually do the trade, should I post it in a normal thread in the Trade Corner, or in the Quick Trade forum?

To add to what Hikamaru said, the Trade Corner sub-forum itself is only for discussion of trading/trades. If you have any other questions about this, feel free to ask apocalypseArisen, Keiran or TwilightBlade.

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
Years
I posted a shop in the shops section about 5 days ago which never made i into the forum, I checked the rules and I didn't break any. i emailed the moderator and haven't had a reply yet. what do I need to do to make sure when I post my next one it won't be deleted as the last one took me ages to type out and I have no back up of it.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I posted a shop in the shops section about 5 days ago which never made i into the forum, I checked the rules and I didn't break any. i emailed the moderator and haven't had a reply yet. what do I need to do to make sure when I post my next one it won't be deleted as the last one took me ages to type out and I have no back up of it.

I'll find your thread and PM you a backup along with the deletion reason. In future, if one mod doesn't reply to your messages it's possible that they are away or simply missed your message; try contacting one of the other section's mods instead in this case.

e: okay, I found it - it was posted three days ago and is still awaiting approval. Perhaps consider PMing a different trade mod as the one you went to originally could be too busy right now.

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
Years
I'll find your thread and PM you a backup along with the deletion reason. In future, if one mod doesn't reply to your messages it's possible that they are away or simply missed your message; try contacting one of the other section's mods instead in this case.

thanks. my list is a lot bigger now anyway and I want to make a nicer looking one. just an explanation will do, thank you.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
I have a thought. Do we have someone that can add a new font to the database? More specifically the 8514 eom.fon files. They can be found in routines as standard in Microsoft, and I think it'd mimic the first generation quite well. So I want it. Let me know.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
I have a thought. Do we have someone that can add a new font to the database? More specifically the 8514 eom.fon files. They can be found in routines as standard in Microsoft, and I think it'd mimic the first generation quite well. So I want it. Let me know.

Send a PM to abnegation and see. He handles a lot of the font business, so see what he has to say about that.

dad

big poppa
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
when someone edits a post will you always be able to tell?
sounds creepy but it's for mafia

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Usually when a post is edited it'll note that at the top of the post-bit next to the date/time it was posted.

Like if you look at this post here you'll notice that it notes that I edited it (ignore the fact that I wrote EDIT in that post). If someone quotes you and then edits the post you'll also get more than one notification for that post too, so there's that.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
just a couple of things

1. any updates on the suggestion i posed about a month ago
i know it's not important i was just curious

2. is it possible for a [News] prefix to be added to Culture & Media?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
just a couple of things

1. any updates on the suggestion i posed about a month ago
i know it's not important i was just curious

2. is it possible for a [News] prefix to be added to Culture & Media?

I just made a request for HQ to read your past suggestion, so hopefully an Admin will respond to it soon enough. They should in the next day or two anyways.

As for the latter, contact Dave/Antemortem about it. That's your best bet to get something like that added as it's his section.

Years
So are some forums more susceptible to the double post bug while others don't? Because i've had it happen most often in Forum Games, Pokémon Trivia and the VIP section, but I can't remember it ever happening to me in Pokémon Gaming Central or any of the current generation Pokémon forums.

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
So are some forums more susceptible to the double post bug while others don't? Because i've had it happen most often in Forum Games, Pokémon Trivia and the VIP section, but I can't remember it ever happening to me in Pokémon Gaming Central or any of the current generation Pokémon forums.

It's more of an issue with the length of the threads than the forums per se. The longer the threads are, the easier it is you'll double post.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years

Basically the higher the post count is for a thread, the more prominent chance of a double post occurring. That's why a lot of DCC's need to be remade to prevent double posting from happening.

Although if you get antsy and continuously hit the Quick Reply button over and over again, that will also cause a lot of double posts (which happens a lot to an impatient dink like myself.)

Edit: Omi is a ninja, I swear.

Years

Adding to what the two mods said, if you click Go Advanced, or use Post Reply rather than Quick Reply, you won't double post. Trust me, it works.

Years
So, I would like know how I can download some new pokemon hacks now that coolrom isn't supplying that anymore. Is there a thread for that?

Years
So, I would like know how I can download some new pokemon hacks now that coolrom isn't supplying that anymore. Is there a thread for that?

As far as I'm aware, we have some hacks you can check out in the Hacks Studio over in the ROM Hacking board. The hacks each have an individual thread, so do browse around there and see what you like.

Years

Well, the rules clearly states that we cannot distribute ROMs (.gba files) and such. But, look around the Hack Studio: http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=184

The hacks there distribute IPS and UPS file. You need to patch them If you want to patch them, click here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=333151

That's a tutorial on how to patch.

Years
Well, the rules clearly states that we cannot distribute ROMs (.gba files) and such. But, look around the Hack Studio:

The hacks there distribute IPS and UPS file. You need to patch them If you want to patch them, click here:

That's a tutorial on how to patch.

Wow! Ok, so I'd say I made some real progress, I've found the hack I want to play, or at least the patch for it. I downloaded WinRar and UPS patcher and was following the tutorial and, ssnag! I have the patch but no original file to patch it to. (Do I understand that right?) Here is where I got it from. (ok it wont let me post links until I have posted at least 15 times) But its the emerald hack Pokemon Glazed version.
It doesn't look like it has an original file to download. I'm guessing that's because it would be a gba file (probably the original emerald ROM). So, that being said can you tell me where I can get one?
I've played up to the end of the second region. The game wasn't quite finished then. Unfortunately I have since lost the file otherwise I would just try to patch that one. But I really want to see the third region! Glazed impressed me so much!
Thanks so much for your help

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
I had a member say to me the other day that avatars from certain anime or shows are not allowed, even if they are not showing anything "offensive" or sexual in nature. Even if it's a character from x anime in a normal position or stance, it's not permitted simply because it derives from x.

Is this true?

And what if you don't know an anime girl, for example, is a character in hentei, ecchi or some sexist, violent and overly-sexualized series? I get a lot of my avatars from a random site. I haven't even watched most of 'em.

That said, pretty much every anime is either violent or sexual in some way. Where could the line be drawn, if ever? And would that make Breaking Bad inappropriate because the series is about violence, drugs, etc.?

And what about avatars that depict things that large populations might find offensive? How is that any different if those are allowed to be purposefully expressed, especially in contrast to anime avatars (where the origins are often dubious)?

Just curious :pink_nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back