• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

realz supporters

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    In what other ways than by giving money do you consider yourself "supporting" PC? :)

Years
  • i think still trying to participate in discussions and creating new ones, even when things may look bleak, is the best example of supporting pc that i can do. whether it works or not who knows, but i've been doing it for 13 years so im a pretty adamant in this method.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Sadly I can't say I've been supporting PC lately, I didn't took the time to come on a forum and really participate. And tbh, my rank is an anonymous gift I suppose (promoted to silver, and then directly to platinium which I just realized this today). But I used to make threads, and answering others. I did shared on the trade section too.

I kinda want to do more stupid threads like I used to, but I don't have much imagination for that lately. Also, I don't play Pokemon as much as I used to do. I hope the Switch game will make me change my mind, and for sure i'll be active here again at that time.

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
    Years
  • Quite honestly, I'm unsure at this point. I'm not really active on PC these days, because of a hectic life and my favorite RP groups leaving the community. On top of this, I've had little time to dedicate to many places during my travels & studies abroad, so my Pok?mon activity has more or less died as well. Until I find an established competitive battling community in my area, my battling activity will likely remain low key, and until I've got more time on my hands I'll not likely participate as much as I was able to a couple years ago.

EDIT: Given my current skills and academic record though, I'm not sure if there's much I can actually do for this community, aside from simply posting a new RP. That, or begging like some random peon to join the moderation team despite not knowing the messed up things they've got to do as a part of the job.

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • TY very generously denoted for me as a birthday present. Otherwise I do my part by posting in various sections of the forum in order to keep the activity going. I've been making more threads lately, too! I actually have a couple in mind right now.

Cosmic Fury

Years

• Well, I didn't expect that one. On a slightly more serious note though, if the mod team does ever need help with anything, I'll do my best to fill time in and pitch in however I can. I'm fairly well-qualified, except that I'm a caveman. (As in, my graphics aren't to die for. They're to die from.)

Still, what ARE the ways that peeps like me would be able to help around here? I know the obvious American-style solution of throwing money at the problem, but I can sort of sense that this isn't what's needed as much at the moment as time and skills are. So, how can I help?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Well, I didn't expect that one. On a slightly more serious note though, if the mod team does ever need help with anything, I'll do my best to fill time in and pitch in however I can. I'm fairly well-qualified, except that I'm a caveman. (As in, my graphics aren't to die for. They're to die from.)

Still, what ARE the ways that peeps like me would be able to help around here? I know the obvious American-style solution of throwing money at the problem, but I can sort of sense that this isn't what's needed as much at the moment as time and skills are. So, how can I help?
    Posting roleplays is actually a great way to help :) Without open RPs, there can come no players, so it?s actually better with many active roleplays with a few player in each (but room to expand) than a couple of active roleplays that are full.

More generally, the way to help PC thrive and be a great place for people to talk about pokemon now (or just make friends) I think is to find a part of the site that you really enjoy - be it forum games, trading, pokemon anime, the art area, any! - and just hang out there as much as you can, trying to make it the way you want it to be, haha.

And suggest things! Any betterment you can think of.

Last edited:

Cosmic Fury

Years
  • I might as well use the RP area to test out my ideas for a persistent world setting. I've got a background in mind, and some ideas for mechanics, but frankly I've no idea where to take the plot!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Well, I donated when I first joined. It gave me an opportunity to support a community that was thriving and active. I'm still proud that I still do support the community, and the mons go to something good.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • NOT TO TOOT MY OWN HORN BUT I was staff for like a decade and spearheaded a lot of projects that kinda shaped how PC is today. I drafted a lot of rules threads and announcements and text that are used as references and guidelines even today. I also fought really, really hard to make sure that members who contributed positively to PC could be rewarded with staff positions or other benefits. I also referred no fewer than two members from my IRL group of friends who became mods without my HQ vote, since I think I abstained from both votes when the time came in order to be totally fair. :P

It's been a lot of years since I was most active on PC, but it's neat to still see so many little things that I initially had a hand in still around today. That said... I don't wanna keep coasting. I wanna make more of an effort to push activity here and get back to my most active days because those were when PC was the most fun for me--when I was just super active and interacting with all kinds of members and making tons of friends. I think that's the single most important thing anyone can do on the forum and it really shows when a whole bunch of people share this goal.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I might as well use the RP area to test out my ideas for a persistent world setting. I've got a background in mind, and some ideas for mechanics, but frankly I've no idea where to take the plot!
    make a thread with the Workshop prefix in Roleplay Theatre and let the crowd help you :D

Years
  • I come and do my best to support the fan games that people take time out of their lives to make. I think that is a good thing to support this site as well. If I had the coding skills I'd definitely contribute by making fan games.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Weeeelll, money is my biggest contribution, probably.

Two or three of my accounts - back when alts were allowed, are all Crystal status, one other is at least recurring or gold or w/e, I've gifted donations to a few people too.

I'm usually very careful with my money, but PC, I've always felt, deserved the funds. I still believe that!

Uuuum, otherwise, I was on staff for a few years, and posted a lotttt.. too much, some days. I feel like I haven't contributed well in a few years now, but I still try to stick around and just stay. I think that's support in itself. If all of us left it wouldn't be much of a forum. I think real support is mostly just sticking with PC and being active, whether you're staff or not. In my personal opinion, I feel like I didn't contribute as staff as much as I could. Which is why I say money is my biggest thing.

I look up to the people on staff who have been with this place for so long! That's how much I wish I could contribute, tbh. They do really well.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I seem to come and go quite offten though I hope to be able to stick around more often this time around. Though I think everyone is in some way a supporter if you post. I mean there wouldn't be a community if people didn't post.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I wouldn't really consider myself much of a "supporter" beyond logging in and posting every once in awhile.

Honestly, if you log in, and actually post and don't leave after posting an introduction thread, then you're supporting this community. That's really all there is to it. If you don't post, and don't participate in forum discussions, then you can't really be considered supporting this website, right?

I don't mean not posting for a week, or month, or two months, btw, I mean not posting for a year or more.

Back