• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serious Reason for Returning to Pokecommunity?

Years
    • Seen today
    What's your personal incentive for you to keep visiting? I mean, logging off one night and the next day or week, the thing that makes you return.

For me, I like so many of the sections. There's at least 10 that I hop around and check, and there's enough new topics made that I can check the next night and there will be new ones to post in.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    The people and then fact that there is always SOMETHING to do somewhere on here.

#Not Important

All hail the wishmaker
    Years
  • ^ basically that, the people are really nice and there's always something to do here. I usually come here when I'm bored tbh but that's really often.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I just love being a part of a community who shares similar interests with me. I learn something new everyday, I make a new friend everyday, what's not to love? :)

Years
  • The admins have my family and won't feed them unless I keep moderating.

Jokes aside, PC is my happy place. It's such a great community and I have a lot of friends here.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • been here too long to quit lmao

but also, I have friends here and I make friends here and there's things to do and people to talk to and ultimately this is my internet home and it's comfortable here but not stagnant which is nice

Years
  • I got super depressed back in 2011 and dropped everything except for tumblr for the most part. I revisited PC's IRC channel a few times - 2013 and 2014 I think, and then visited the Discord server once in 2017. I started chatting again in early March of 2018, and started bonding with a lot of the regulars on Discord. Now I live here.

Years
    • Seen today
    i would get fired if i stopped showing up

This is an interesting point, as it almost caused me to stop showing up. Halfway through my stint on the social media team, I came to the realization that I loved coming here to post casually but not so much having to fill a role. It led to feelings of guilt, I would come online and make posts while completely neglecting that I was part of the social media team. It was a partial reason in my decision to drop it.

I got super depressed back in 2011 and dropped everything except for tumblr for the most part. I revisited PC's IRC channel a few times - 2013 and 2014 I think, and then visited the Discord server once in 2017. I started chatting again in early March of 2018, and started bonding with a lot of the regulars on Discord. Now I live here.

Hopefully your doing better. I actually thought about putting this in the user appreciation thread, but hey your here might as well just quote you.

If you ever feel that way again, know that your an incredible individual. I was more of a lurker, but I had never seen someone with so much dedication to this place as I had seen with you. Every time I'd check into the discord, no matter which server, I'd see you in it and think "There's erik being a great part of it". And if the staff team were the incarnation of a human, you would be the beating heart of it. It really is admirable, to have even half the work ethic and passion for this community as you do would be nothing short of incredible.

Years
  • Hopefully your doing better. I actually thought about putting this in the user appreciation thread, but hey your here might as well just quote you.

If you ever feel that way again, know that your an incredible individual. I was more of a lurker, but I had never seen someone with so much dedication to this place as I had seen with you. Every time I'd check into the discord, no matter which server, I'd see you in it and think "There's erik being a great part of it". And if the staff team were the incarnation of a human, you would be the beating heart of it. It really is admirable, to have even half the work ethic and passion for this community as you do would be nothing short of incredible.
    What I've learned is to take things one day at a time. I definitely have it a lot more under control now versus then. Your words are very kind, though, and I really appreciate them!!! Thank you!!!

Years
  • The community is much nicer than any people on social media. I tried soc media for years and it just made me anxious and worsened my mental wellbeing.

pkmin3033

I have no idea. I don't really have friends here, my contributions to most threads are definitely not positive, and I have so much else going on in my life at the moment.

But I've been on forums in some form since I was 14 and I'm settled here (more or less) so...ehhhh. Maybe I'm just too old to change my ways, haha. A lot of people tend to quit forums in their mid-to-late twenties because of IRL obligations and that whole becoming an adult process. Either it's my life circumstances or I'm just a little better at managing my time so I can include time spent posting my negative thoughts about a franchise I'm not sure if I still like or not on PC too? idk.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • There are lots of wonderful people here. That includes you, Zeostar! There are new threads or...talks in old ones. Dawn is a fun presence and makes you think more about things. There are colourful people here, so PC has grown into an "internet home" for me.

+ I have to win the Last One To Post Wins game.

Years
  • Everyone here is so nice and there's always some great discussions to be had about the series' we all love :)

Plus it's always nice seeing familiar faces and your friends around the forums!

Years
  • I came to PC when I was like 14 back in 2003 (oh god I'm old), and I stuck around over SPPF because I could actually have a custom avatar here!! Also, since it was a smaller forum, I felt like I could actually make more friends here.
    Let's not talk about the "friend" that introduced me to here in the first place.

People here are so friendly and chill, even now. Lots of cool people over on Discord that I can chit-chat with about similar interests. I'm not super active on the forums, but I do like dropping by OT and reading people's posts before I drop a reply.

I got super depressed back in 2011 and dropped everything except for tumblr for the most part. I revisited PC's IRC channel a few times - 2013 and 2014 I think, and then visited the Discord server once in 2017. I started chatting again in early March of 2018, and started bonding with a lot of the regulars on Discord. Now I live here.

I love that we have pretty similar stories: left 2010-2011ish, and the Discord dragged us back in years later.

I'm pretty sure it was you who told me to go back to the Discord in the first place. Was this your diabolical plan all along????

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The community is much nicer than any people on social media. I tried soc media for years and it just made me anxious and worsened my mental wellbeing.
    I usually refer to PC as my anti-social media.

🥰

Back