• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recent Gaming Purchases

Years
  • I'm.......heavily considering going on GOG and smashing like several pennies on their sales at the moment, they have some absolute blinders for ridiculous prices...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I picked up DanganRonpa 1 & 2 Reload the last time I was at Gamestop! Figured that I'll get around to actually playing those games eventually so I can officially have played through all three instead of watching/Reading LPs of two and only have played one.

Years
  • Bought FF15 and Ni no kuni 2 on steam during a jrpg sale. I never actually finished ff15 on my xbox and I've also been looking for an excuse to play a ni no kuni game. I dropped about the price I would have ordinarily paid for just one of them so I'm pretty happy with my pick ups.

Cid

Years
  • Just bought Yellow and Crystal on the 3DS Virtual Console! I'm really pumped to revisit these gems from my childhood. <3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    bought hollow knight because it was on sale now i need to stop buying games and start playing them fsklfs

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • I grabbed Octopath Traveler for just under half price from Big W. It was an amazing deal, and I can't wait till it gets here so I can chuck it in the backlog along with my other half a dozen Switch games.
    Nevermind, I got contacted by Big W this morning telling me they were out of stock and are refunding my purchase. Looks like I'm skipping this one for now.

I also bought Crypt of the Necrodancer because it was on a pretty good sale on eShop. It'll tide me over till Cadence of Hyrule goes on a small sale. It's a little too expensive for me relative to the sort of gameplay it offers.

Finally, I pre-ordered Fire Emblem Three Houses: Seasons of Warfare Edition and paid it in full. I was really on the fence about this, especially after being so badly burned from the Fates Special Edition, but I'm completely convinced that I'm going to find the game at least enjoyable even if the story doesn't live up to its hype. All that micro-managing stuff is going to be a lot of fun!

For my budget though, if I'm still gunning for Link's Awakening (99% am unless something drastically changes), it means that I'm holding out on Astral Chain for the moment. These purchases on top of some other non-video game stuff I'm getting are already pushing my comfort zone for expendable budget, and this is before even considering the new Pokemon games (which are thankfully still a while away). Still wouldn't have been possible if I didn't convince myself E3 might have good stuff; not giving in to impulse purchases over the last couple of months is paying off!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I grabbed Octopath Traveler for just under half price from Big W. It was an amazing deal, and I can't wait till it gets here so I can chuck it in the backlog along with my other half a dozen Switch games.
    Nevermind, I got contacted by Big W this morning telling me they were out of stock and are refunding my purchase. Looks like I'm skipping this one for now.

I also bought Crypt of the Necrodancer because it was on a pretty good sale on eShop. It'll tide me over till Cadence of Hyrule goes on a small sale. It's a little too expensive for me relative to the sort of gameplay it offers.

Finally, I pre-ordered Fire Emblem Three Houses: Seasons of Warfare Edition and paid it in full. I was really on the fence about this, especially after being so badly burned from the Fates Special Edition, but I'm completely convinced that I'm going to find the game at least enjoyable even if the story doesn't live up to its hype. All that micro-managing stuff is going to be a lot of fun!

For my budget though, if I'm still gunning for Link's Awakening (99% am unless something drastically changes), it means that I'm holding out on Astral Chain for the moment. These purchases on top of some other non-video game stuff I'm getting are already pushing my comfort zone for expendable budget, and this is before even considering the new Pokemon games (which are thankfully still a while away). Still wouldn't have been possible if I didn't convince myself E3 might have good stuff; not giving in to impulse purchases over the last couple of months is paying off!

Awhhhh that's so sad to hear WRT Octopath - truly missing out there! Hope that comes back in soon for you.

Oh I need to get Three Houses, thanks for the reminder!!!

And I know Them Wallet Woes - with September coming up I am very scared for my money over the next few months....................................

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    tbh all these games coming out in the coming months that I want make me really glad that I've already paid off sword and shield. that's like... $120 bucks that I don't have to worry about down the line haha going and putting down $10 every week or so did the trick!

so i'm actually going to probably go back and put some money down on preorders for luigi's mansion and link's awakening at the very least the next time i'm at a store.

Years
  • Purchased Joker DLC for Smash Ultimate because I didn't want to be left behind even though I don't play Smash often these days.

At least the new stage is cool!

Back