• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Relationships

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
  • I'm very pro-chastity, and I have a lot of perhaps old morals and views about this stuff.

First, I personally wouldn't just date. I would need to know the person first and actually learn about them before just deciding after three shakes and a movie that we were an "item."

That said, I wouldn't "item"ize myself with anyone I didn't plan to be with for a very long time, hopefully forever.

I've had two relationships, both serious. My first ended after two or three years of pretty good times and an addtional three of abusive hell. Out of necessity, I had to leave that relationship, and it scars me to this day. I have a nightmare or two a month about my ex.

My current man is so motivated and optimistic and positive. He's ambitious and educated, charming, sweet, considerate and he has his head and heart in the right place. We have similar dreams; we want to live in the same area; and we both have overcome a lot of similar challenges. We even talk the same and have the same expressions, even though he was born and raised in a city two hours away and I didn't meet him until last June.

In any case, he's my sweetpea, and I expect this one to go a lot smoother than the last relationship. He has good parents, too, so I know he was raised right (and you can see it!)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I'm not in a relationship, and I've never actually been in one before. I've dated, I've had sex, but I've never been able to close the deal. For a long time I really wanted to be in a relationship, but recently I've been giving a lot of thought to the question of why I wanted to be in one.

What I came up with was that I only wanted to be in a relationship because I felt like I should have been in one by now, and the fact that I'm 23 and have never had a relationship made me feel pathetic. But that's not a reason to be in a relationship. I've never been the kind of person who at the end of the day comes home and really wishes he had a boyfriend to share it with. I'm fine on my own, I've never wanted for company and I've never been lonely. So I don't know what I was worrying about all that time.

So now I don't really care either way. If I get into one, awesome, but if I don't, that's fine too.

Years
  • I'd love to be in a relationship, but I'm really picky about who I date and I'm not the type to go out on blind dates or anything, and I want to get to know someone before I date them. Most of the girls that I know and would be attracted to are already taken, or are close friends that I don't want to ruin our friendship if things didn't work out.

I've kind of come to terms with the fact that at 25 and never having been in a serious relationship that lasted beyond a couple of dates, and with no prospects for the foreseeable future, I'm destined to be a bachelor for life. Which depresses me at times, but it's reality.

25 is not that late, don't worry. My cousin didn't get in a relationship until he was 32 and got married in 34. My sister started dating when she was 27.

As for me I don't believe I'm ready for a relationship yet, too much stress to invest my time in it as of now.

Years
  • Sadly, no. I've never been in a relationship. While it would be fun to have a girl who would always listen to me and comfort me when I need it, there are times it could also be troublesome being in one. I'd love to have one someday, but not without understanding the dangers of it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I'm not in a relationship right now, but I'm open to one. Partially because I really just want someone like that and partially because I want to have sex and not feel guilty about "using" someone for sex. I like them to happen organically, so I'm not really looking / dating strangers. If it happens it happens.

I've been in three relationships.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I'd love to be in a relationship, but I'm really picky about who I date and I'm not the type to go out on blind dates or anything, and I want to get to know someone before I date them. Most of the girls that I know and would be attracted to are already taken, or are close friends that I don't want to ruin our friendship if things didn't work out.

I've kind of come to terms with the fact that at 25 and never having been in a serious relationship that lasted beyond a couple of dates, and with no prospects for the foreseeable future, I'm destined to be a bachelor for life. Which depresses me at times, but it's reality.

You and me both, but I haven't been on a date and I'm starting to become ancient...... c-crazy cat lady i shall be OTL

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
    Years
  • Nope, I'm single.
    Do I want to be in a relationship? Haha, I don't know. I don't think so. I mean, yeah, I'm kind of interested, but I really want to get a firm start on my career before I really get into it.

Have I ever been in a relationship?

Well... yep!

I only consider one person to have been my boyfriend. We were both 17 and we went out for 6 days before he decided he wasn't ready, and that he considered me a friend. So we broke up. End of story.

When I was ten, I had one 'friend'. He tried to force me to do things, but fortunately I didn't. So glad of that.

When I was 14, I met a guy, and we soon became best friends. I developed feelings for him, he developed feelings for me. Then his Mum made him block my Mum over the internet, then his Mum made him lie about it, then my Mum got me to reply, blah, blah, blah. Pretty much a fight between the Mums and they got us involved, they fought through us. As a result, our trust for each other was shattered, as was our relationship.

No contact pretty much for over a year. He moved out of home, and went to university. I only saw him a couple of times, and both of those times we didn't really speak. But we've gotten back into contact now, and I think the trust is beginning to build back up.

So yeah, although I don't consider the guys in the last two examples boyfriends, because they never officially were, that's my history with boys/love interests.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I've been steadily growing into a "I don't need a lady, just give me a dog and I'm good" kind of person. I've had my share of girlfriends and nothing really great seemed to come from it, so I'm not really in any rush to find "the one." Yeah having a girlfriend is nice at times, but there are also a lot of perks in being single as well.

Years
  • Currently not in a relationship and haven't been for nearly 3 years since the break-up with my ex, and so far, he's the only person I've been with. It might have been because we were in high school and were both naive individuals (I was quite mature for my age though), but after a couple years the chemistry and connection we had fell through; the relationship lasted 3 years, but for the last year it felt like we weren't even a couple. We'd hang out and everything, never felt the same. He was a great guy, just not the one for me and I'm happy for him that someone has found him interesting because back when we dated, he had next to no hobbies and/or interests. It was a chore to find something we could do XD As far as wanting to be in a relationship, I'm 50/50. Sometimes I feel lonely and would like the feeling of having a significant other who's always there for me by my side, at the same time though, I appreciate the single life. Fingers crossed that good things happen within the next year between myself and the person I'm currently pursuing, I guess :P But I'm not in a rush for anything. Friends might think I'm taking things extremely slow with this person, but said person's comfort level with my advances is a priority for me, more so than my own desire; wouldn't want to force anything.

Years
  • Are you in a relationship?

Nope, not currently.

Do you want to be in a relationship?

I'm fine with being single to be honest. Sure, it would be nice to be in one, but I am content at the moment.

How many relationships have you been in?

Just two.

What were they like?

Well, one lasted a year, and its the one I miss the most. It was my first relationship, so it was all rainbows and unicorns. The second one lasted about four months, and was not as enjoyable as the previous one.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Are you in a relationship?
    Yes, I am, and it's probably the only good relationship I've ever had (knock on wood).
    Honestly he's too perfect to be true.. I need to find a flaw in him..

As a general rule, I don't consider anything a relationship anymore unless we've been together for at least 6 months and things are going well. This rule came into being when I realized that 90% of people aren't capable of talking to someone with PTSD on a regular basis. Either that, or 90% of the people I run into are autistic. ....Alternatively, I have an innate ability to attract very-far-gone schizoids, sociopaths, and psychopaths like moths to a flame.
    Ahem. That said, only 2 before my current boyfriend.

What were they like?
    Uhh.. hold on.. there's a word for this.. Oh, yeah. "Bad." Also "autistic."
    Commence the dumping of feelings.

1.) At 17-ish. Befriended a psych major, had known him for a year or something before he asked me out. He does so by trying to tell me he understands my mental health issues and wants to help me. Says he wants to be there for me. I'm not convinced. A good two years later, he tells me he's "bored" of my problems and leaves.
    ...His step-mom still texts me and tries to tell me he loves me?

2.) And at 20-ish. He was one of my closest friends for 8 years. We certainly never had any communication problems all those 8 years, even given my issues, everything was kosher. We dated for quite awhile, and he'd slip, hit a trigger occasionally, but it wasn't anything major, nothing more than friends do sometimes.. I get it, it's hard to adjust overnight when you're not the one living with it.
    Regardless, he texted me to inform me that he just couldn't relate to me, we couldn't talk about anything because his interests were 'bad' for me, he felt like he was always hurting me. But that's a load of crap. Doesn't bother me much, though. Frankly, I think I had already moved on emotionally by the time he called it quits. Or I'm just emotionally detached from people who try to use my mental health as an excuse. Y'know, either/or.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Yup. We've been together for almost two years now. And it's a long distance thing. To clarify, she moved away for University, so both of us did live in the same city at one point. But despite it being long distance, it's been wonderful so far. Everything about her is just perfect, and we both have a lot of things in common with each other which just makes it all the better.

How many "relationships" have you been in?
    I can say four, but two of them were just a few dates and that's it. So, in reality two.

What were they like?
    The first girlfriend I ever had was nice. I liked her a lot, but we didn't really connect. That only lasted for around four months?

mangamusicfan

The Lost one.
    Years
    No
    It isn't a must for me, If it happens it happens, I'm not looking for it,
    How many "Relationships" Have you been in? What were they like?
    I've been in 3 relationships.
    2 of them where really a child relationship, the last one whas much more serious, But Some thing's aren't ment to be.

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
    Years

Yes.

I've been in 3 relationships over 4 years, which doesn't really bode well for me :crycry

What were they like?

My first was a bit of a silly relationship, considering that I was 14 and didn't really know much about love. He was still a great guy, but we just ended up drifting apart.
    The third was a bit of a whirlwind thing, I still see her working in my local Starbucks from time to time :3

The second is who I'm currently with, so idk if that counts or what I should say haha

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I am not currently in a relationship, and I do want to keep it that way for the time being. Right now I want to focus on figuring out my life and getting my education and a relationship would just distract me. I have been in a few short relationships, which were really great to get to know someone, but they did have to end just because they weren't working out.

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years

Not really. I'm married and getting a divorce. I'm kinda been talking to this guy but I'm being cautious I don't think he is being as cautious though.

Several over several years, about half of them have been over a year long. Only one was longer than two though.

What were they like?
    Either they took a lot of time and effort or they were quick. The best/worst was when I was about 17, I think we cared so much about each other we never talked to each other again, I often miss her but there's nothing I can do.

The guy I've been talking to though is a friend of a friend, if this ends, its either gonna be nasty or awkward forever.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2019
    I'm currently not in a relationship and as a 16 kid I don't know if I even have the right to talk about relationships.

At the moment I do not really have a huge incentive to be in one since I ended mine a few weeks ago.

Now I have had 2 relationships in my life and in my first one I was really happy. I enjoyed every single moment of it. I like someone actually gave a flying ♥♥♥♥ about me and I had a person I could hug without them questioning it. But apparently I'm not an emotionally stable person so I ended up alone.
    My second relationship was pretty much a mess. I fell in love with this girl that was living a completely different life style. But I managed to ask her out and we starter "dating". But deeper as this relationship got I started to realize that we are more and more different. I felt like she didn't even care about me. She didn't even bother to respond to my texts or just responded with a cool or hah. I felt ♥♥♥♥. I have never felt like this before. I felt like she just thought of me as something on the side. As if I'm just another number.

At the end of the day I put an end to it because my first girlfriend was right. I'm an emotionally unstable person and I can not handle a "normal teen relationship". I don't want to be just something on the side. It feels wrong to me. I want someone who would appreciate it if I'm ready to write them a 500 words long text about how I love them.

I'm just hopeless I guess. Or I'm just a kid without an idea of how this is even supposed to work. I just hope that one day I will find someone who is ready to accept me as the person that I am and is ready to accept my way of looking at this whole relationship thing.

Sorry for making this so bloody long. My soul just opened as I started to think about it.

Schizii

Always tired.
    Years
    I am indeed! I couldn't be happier with her, either. She's the first to have treat me right and I can tell she adores me, which is super cool. ;u;
    We go out of our ways to be in a healthy relationship. I've managed to open up to her, too, and tell her a lot of things that have happened to me. Plus, she was my best friend before we got together, which is pretty cool.

I like being in a relationship~
    So, if I were single, I'd say yes. >u<

How many "Relationships" Have you been in? What were they like?
    I've been in a few. Maybe like, 3 or so. I had one with a boy for two years and then he moved and turned into a poop. *shrug* I had another one, and he um... Did things to me, that he shouldn't have. Then the third, it was extremely toxic and manipulative, and she treated me really badly. ;n;
    I have such bad luck with relationships. 'orz

Back