• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Required selfie avatars.

Years
    • Seen today
    PC just implemented a new change to the site.

You are now required to use a picture of yourself as an avatar at all times. Failure to do so will result in a ban. Also assume we live in a world where a picture of anyone is tagged with their name and using a picture that isn't tagged to your name results in imprisonment or something dramatic.

With this new change also comes an option to disable your account if you don't accept this new change.

How do you think you'll respond?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I'm totally cool with that, even though I personally think selfies as avatars on a discussion board is sorta lame, for some reason.

Years
  • im fine with that in a way. my face is on my facebook profile and twitter so id be fine with that. i would feel bad though for those who want to remain completely anonymous.

Years
  • Welp, it was nice knowin' y'all. I like being able to control the level of my anonymity, even though a sizable number of people here already know my full name and what I look like, so in a society with mandatory tagging of all photos of you and with PC mandating pictures of you as an avatar, I would bail from the internet as a whole and dive whatever the hot new networking means was that provides an adequate amount of anonymity.

Years
  • I'd bail. I know I have posted photos in the past, but I've just gone through changes and I prefer to keep more quiet about my general appearance. Besides, anybody on the internet could easily take a photograph of yourself and use it for their own profit on the internet, or even ruin your identity. I don't really think that'd be a risk I'd want to take.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • If that's the case, then goodbye PC.

I don't like selfies in general, so I'd personally hate that rule. I see avatars as a symbol of interests, personalities and hobbies, not of...well, you. It doesn't give me a good view of what you're like if your avatar's a face of you.

Oh, and if you've seen the picture threads here you'd know I always delete my pics, so there's that :\

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • I'd just lie and put someone else's selfie up

Bye bye PC. Was nice knowing ya, but I prefer not to let just anyone know who I am. Facebook and social media stuff is okay I guess, as long as it's not linked to my anonymous profiles on other sites, since only a few close friends around here have seen my fb. But for just anyone to see me while browsing around... nah. I'll find another forum to frequent.

also I suck at selfies

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I really don't care about most people on PC knowing what I look like, but I wouldn't want someone I know irl to connect this account to me, so I would probably leave for a bit. But I might end up sucking it up and posting a picture of myself anyway, if I decide I can't stay away haha.

Years
  • That would be a rather... Strange rule implemented, but alright. I would probably disable my account, cause I hate taking pictures of myself, I always look ugly in them.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • boys wasting my time pretending to be girls,

If you're implying what I think you're implying... you're going to get slain so bad for that.

I honestly don't care either way.

If you want to be very close with me, you're going to need to spill absolutely every last shred of detail of your life to me mind; and I'd do the same. 8D But I'm perfectly fine keeping a casual anonymous distance from things too.

People could easily take selfies that look totally different too. 8D Nobody's going to know if that person even is you, you could easily take a picture of someone else/dressed up/whatever. How would you know if that person was lying or not?

Years
  • I don't think I'd enjoy this, because I know how much I hate my self-appearance plus I agree with Nonon's post. Avatars should represent interest, personality, hobby and well what you like, not a pic of yourself. I know just how unattractive I look in real life and it would be a huge plot-twist to those who imagined me on what I am right now.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • j6VsmRp.gif

^ just leaving that there so people can still see a great post even though i had to delete it because rules

Anyway I'd stay, it would mess with my beautiful themes but it's not really a big deal. I'd advise everybody who's squeamish about it to suck it up lol

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Mario's face might as well be mine?

Nah uh I would probably leave? Because I'm not a fan of messing with my perfectly fine themes and I'm also not a fan of a lot of other things regarding real life that I don't wish to talk about publicly. uvu; So yeah I don't think, as much as I love PC, that I would conform to such a rule. I'd rather leave.

The internet is my escape from real life, and I don't plan on messing that up by including too much real life onto it.

Khilia

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets
    Years
  • Looking how I have gender dysphoria, and my appearance and everything else that comes along with it is just... more unacceptable than anything else for me, well...

It'd simply be the death sentence for me.

Years
    • Seen today
    Can someone explain why they have a problem posting a picture of themself online but they likely don't have a problem just walking freely in a mall or large city or sporting arena?

Because I don't really get it.

Back