• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Riding a bicycle (I learned yesterday)

Years
    • Seen today
    Does anybody here like to ride a bicycle? If so when did you learn, and do you ride often?

I didn't know how, so I took our bike out yesterday. Within 3 seconds I fell down. Then again, and again, and again. I crashed it into trees, crashed onto the pavement, went flying over a log into a bush, crashed into a huge flower pot (Which thankfully was okay).

But after hours of failure, I did it. Suddenly I was pedaling and not falling off or swerving. I ended up taking the bike all over the place, without a single fall. Somehow it just clicked. I took it out again this morning and it was way easier.

Years
  • Damn that's awesome. I used to have a bike for a very short while as a lil kid, but we had to sell it bcs money was low at the time :(

Would love to buy on in the future and learn how to ride. Could be v useful for cheaper trips to malls or smth.

Years
  • I learned when I was 8 or 9.
    At first I could just bike down the driveway, but eventually I got really good and went on long bike rides.

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
    Years
  • I like to go miles on my bike, I learned at 9-10, I think, and I got good at it pretty fast.

When I say "miles", I mean I like to ride my bike 5 miles from my house and into town then go to a fast food place and eat for like 30 minutes to an hour. Then 5 miles back, sooo.. Ten miles all-in-all, I guess.

--Oh, wait, COVID kind of stopped me from using my bike anymore because they won't let me eat in 😡 I mean, Del Taco lets me in, but I'm not going to eat Del Taco all the time, right?

Years
  • I learned to ride a bike when I was around 7-8. I used to love riding a bike and everyday I would ride my bike on the sidewalk and sometimes my family and I would go to the park and we would ride our bikes there too.

Years
  • i just learned how to ride a bike earlier this year and now it's 95% of all i talk about!!! it seemed impossible at first but now it's one of my favorite things to do! i've biked just around 1,300 miles since early may.

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
    Years
  • i've biked just around 1,300 miles since early may.

Oh, that's a lot 😅 I could never do more than 10 to 12 miles a day, how many have you done per day? To reach that amount-- whoa..

If you did exactly 10 miles per day from May 1st to today (December 12), you'd be at around 2250 miles. (Google: 10 x 225 (225 days since May 1st) )

-I know the exact date you learned probably wasn't May 1st. 🙂

I learned to ride a bike when I was around 7-8. I used to love riding a bike and everyday I would ride my bike on the sidewalk and sometimes my family and I would go to the park and we would ride our bikes there too.

Do you still love to ride? It sounds like you don't anymore- correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Aaa happy for you zeo, glad it worked out!!

Ngl it's been so long since I properly rode. Probably 20 years or so.. I have definitely forgotten most of it by now. Will try again at some point though, especially if we end up moving to a more bike-centric town/city (possible) @_@

PinkDaisy

PinkDaisy
    Years
  • I came back to the bike during confinement.
    Since then, I have been cycling to work and getting around. It's more environmentally friendly and eliminates the fuel budget.

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    hurray for living in a bike centric country! don't even remember how young i was when i learned how to ride a bike, it's still my favorite way of transport

Years
  • That's fantastic! Always fun learning new skills. I have been on bikes since before I can remember, we biked everywhere as kids and I grew up on dirtbikes as well. I have done a bit of mountain biking as well since I grew up surrounded by mountains! Great form of transportation and great for you as well.

Years
  • Oh, that's a lot 😅 I could never do more than 10 to 12 miles a day, how many have you done per day? To reach that amount-- whoa..

If you did exactly 10 miles per day from May 1st to today (December 12), you'd be at around 2250 miles. (Google: 10 x 225 (225 days since May 1st) )

-I know the exact date you learned probably wasn't May 1st. 🙂
    May 8th or 9th I think - I usually do at least 12 miles per day, but there are some days I take breaks (due to bad weather/not feeling like biking).

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I learned to ride around my preschool age I think? It's early enough that I don't remember it. I haven't rode a bike in years though, but I have considered buying one recently since my current apartment is less than a mile from the grocery so it's not unreasonable to ride there for my shopping instead of starting up the car and wasting gas.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • Came into this thread thinking "Huh, I was just talking to someone about this." Then I saw who OP was.~

I never learned when I was young, so I ended up learning near the end of elementary school on a camp trip. I was probably around 11, and I had my teacher at the time tell me how to ride. I kinda got the hand of it, but still haven't touched a bike since. The whole thing's kinda been a bit scary since I'm used to all those childhood years of not knowing how to ride one without falling.

Years
    • Seen today
    i just learned how to ride a bike earlier this year and now it's 95% of all i talk about!!! it seemed impossible at first but now it's one of my favorite things to do! i've biked just around 1,300 miles since early may.

Biking is so much fun. I've been taking my bike out every single day

There's a nice long road nearby without too much traffic, which leads into a neighborhood. It's perfect.

Years
  • Biking is so much fun. I've been taking my bike out every single day

There's a nice long road nearby without too much traffic, which leads into a neighborhood. It's perfect.

when it was warmer and not raining nonstop, I was going out every day as well!! I miss it lmao. If you want an app to track bike rides, check out Strava. it's pretty decent!

Years
  • when it was warmer and not raining nonstop, I was going out every day as well!! I miss it lmao. If you want an app to track bike rides, check out Strava. it's pretty decent!

literally less than a day after one of my good friends got a bike, they'd already boasted their strava route on twitter lol. it was pretty darn long too. quite impressive.

User19sq

I remember my first bike. I was six, and it had training wheels.

I immediately fell off.

Back