• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rocket's Investigation [Epilogue]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
  • Except for when they are Mafia ;).

Well your play was good on Bronzong having Block based on previous information knowing that the Rockets had a blocker.

However, assuming that mafia had a silencer was not. Clearly you can't judge just on someone's ability without any prior information, which no one had. That's not a good way to play and, as we all saw, it gets innos killed.

Having said all that, this was a great game and I hope we see something like it in the future.

TheCapsFan

Threat To Survival
    Years
  • Good game, guys. I probably should have claimed as Azelf, but I missed my chance. Kudos to Syn for leading the team (it was pretty much the two of us, Ash showed up when I was on vacation and more towards the end of the game a little, but not very much.) and I'd probably give the town MVP to Mana for having the genius idea of transforming into a second healer. Even Lycan didn't see that one coming.

TBH I felt the game was pretty townsided to begin with, though I don't know for sure the full extent of the setup/balance/extra mechanics. Having quite a number of newer people on scum didn't help their cause much. Regardless I loved this experience a ton and can't wait for the next edition!

I should've just laid low :(

Pardon, but was your role a lyncher role? As in, you had to lynch 5 specific players to fill your win condition? If you were really as close as you say, you played very very well, my friend.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • In terms of NAs/abilities and number ratios, I think you might be right Capsfan, about the game being townsided. But one thing that really made it difficult was how little info we were given at the beginning of the game.

As an inno, all I was told was that I was an explorer and we had to kill rockets. I don't recall anything about being told if there was a turn timer or not to kill all the enemies. We had no idea there were team magma nor team aqua nor the lake trio until part way through the game. Other than the obvious 3 people as apart of the trio, we also had no idea how many there were of each faction (rocket, magma, aqua) until Bard notified us that there was 1 rocket left after him + wiicked (I think?).

So in a way, we had really good advantages (like you said, Mana becoming a second healer was dope) but we were totally in the dark. Or at least, I felt like I was. xD

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • Basically I was a lyncher, yes. I think if I had lived by the time Chesire Cat died I would've won.

Tbh I didn't do that much, Klippy getting draskk and ketsueki killed + the whole Dialga fiasco really helped me out. But you guys with that anti-town bs made me really angry and in my lapse of judgement I dug myself a hole I couldn't get myself out of.

I'll reveal the role pm when I get home

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Tfw I was just a super bulky bitch whose job was to sit back and watch. Kek

However, assuming that mafia had a silencer was not. Clearly you can't judge just on someone's ability without any prior information, which no one had. That's not a good way to play and, as we all saw, it gets innos killed.

Well, I didn't see the phase where this occurred, but

A Silencer is almost always mafia. It is a standard mafia role, and I'm fairly certain the only other game here to have a non-mafia Silencer is Gotham, and that was at least clearly stated in the OP (not to mention, in Gotham, the Villains are the town)

Soooooo

Yeah, Mana made the right call~ Especially if that was one of the only leads to work off of. And I know that he's certainly one of the better mafia players here, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bidoof FTW

Years
  • I liked the part when you tried to frame me as a liar :)

It was meant to frame Bact, when I first came up with the idea I had completely forgotten that you were a Phantump >-<

Besides, I trusted you throughout most of the game, didn't i? :)

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Check this out. I contributed to a hella ton of Rocket kills starting off, stopping the Johnwagonny that began early on. I had an inactive partner so I knew my high attack would stay for awhile. Thankfully I got Milotic and we were allowed a Skype chat following that. It was a blast working together and knocking fools out though.

I'm also glad I gave into suspicions and attacked Syn/Caps/Ash rather than other options (though admittedly I didn't trust many people). I always feel bad going after Syn because him and I suffer from N0itis and so anytime I attack him, I know I'd dislike the same being done to me.

I'd love to know where that Aqua went!

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Well, I didn't see the phase where this occurred, but

A Silencer is almost always mafia. It is a standard mafia role, and I'm fairly certain the only other game here to have a non-mafia Silencer is Gotham, and that was at least clearly stated in the OP (not to mention, in Gotham, the Villains are the town)

Soooooo

Yeah, Mana made the right call~ Especially if that was one of the only leads to work off of. And I know that he's certainly one of the better mafia players here, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If that's the case, someone should've investigated me first, but everybody just likes to jump the gun instead of thinking first, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Yeah, as soon as caps used explosion on nimsy, I was ready to go for the trio (I mean we were running out of valid targets otherwise by that point). However I don't think I came on until after the explosion and nimsy survived and responded to convince everyone to go after them. :d

Bidoof FTW

Years
  • Aqua was a technicality, I was simply given a list of people that needed to die and they were branded aqua.

Here's my PM
    Spoiler:

I was really hyped about playing this role :) Too bad I wasn't able to secure the W

EDIT: was slightly disappointed about not getting a cool attack at first, but after attacks and pokemon started getting claimed i was so happy to have something safe like tackle xD

Last edited:

Nimsy

Jackal The Ripper
    Years
  • Caps wouldn't have used explosion on me if I wasn't trying to kill him.

Even after he tried to kill me, klippy was still skeptical for some reason D:

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
    Years
  • Sorry you had to replace into a kind of sucky situation Wicked :( Though I probably would have claimed something else if I had still been in the game at that point :P

I also have to agree with CapsFan about the setup being town-favored.

I don't think the Rockets were able to deal enough damage at night. We could only (normally) deal 18 damage (9+7+2 from poison). Not sure how the others feel about this though. I know the Rockets also got Event weapons/machines later. But before that, once we lost Ketsu, it felt like we could barely do anything.

Also on that note, I was kind of surprised there weren't more Explorer roles that could do damage at night. Like initially I just assumed that people weren't sending NAs when I saw there was only one other attack besides ours (which was Ullion's attack), lol

TheCapsFan

Threat To Survival
    Years
  • Well, I didn't see the phase where this occurred, but

I actually used the town silencer role in my own game. It's completely useless, but it helps with balance. The best way to play as town silencer is to not use the action, because it hurts town.

Caps did give himself up in the end. I think it would have unraveled quickly either way.

I had no other choice, I was dying and was pushing a lost cause. :U

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    o shit the games over

AYYY

the final blow belongs to juno and me because TOP PERCENTAGE RATTATA + METRONOME COMBO AYY
    So did you finally use those top percentage skills :P
    GUys I am fucking awful with roles that give me a finite number of NAs, I literally just hoard them until I die
    Every time

And I should have been more sure of myself, I wanted to suggest knocking out Ash first several times since it wasn't like she was helping anyway (like Syn appeared to be) so killing her might have given us some answers about the Lake Guardians' alignment. And worst case scenario we would have just killed a harmless third party, but since everyone seemed pretty sure it was an Aqua we had to hunt, I just rolled with that.

I did kill myself with my indecisiveness though lol
    But yeah, GOOD GAAAME GUYS :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back