• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rocket's Investigation [Epilogue]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I also have to agree with CapsFan about the setup being town-favored.

I don't think the Rockets were able to deal enough damage at night. We could only (normally) deal 18 damage (9+7+2 from poison). Not sure how the others feel about this though. I know the Rockets also got Event weapons/machines later. But before that, once we lost Ketsu, it felt like we could barely do anything.

I also thought that's pretty little. I was expecting you to also have some more special abilities, a main reason why I suspected Bact, because imo such a role as a rocket would make the team much more powerful. Also why I thought, that probably some Rockets are inactive = NAs not getting send = we see no damage done at night. But all in all I think the number of Rockets was too low.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Sorry for being a terrible partner, Klippers. o7

In case anyone wants to know, Klippy and I were Plusle and Minun respectively, and our abilities are Plus and Minus, which doubles our base damage as long as both of us are alive. It's how we deal 12 damage every time we attack despite claiming on having only 6 base damage (which is true btw, if either of us died we could only deal 6).

So no helping hand shenanigans here. :P

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Spoiler:

I'm the only one with a fancy looking alignment. Y'all look so plain and silly. :P

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • here's my role PM for those interested.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I think we could've won had we gotten these powers a bit earlier. It might have been a little unfair if we had them from the start, though.

It also didn't help that I originally thought we were supposed to help the town eliminate all of Rocket, Aqua, and Magma ;(

Spoiler:

Nimsy

Jackal The Ripper
    Years
  • Here are both my role pms.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I think I had one of the lowest max HPs lol
    Spoiler:

edit: nevermind, Nimsy's Magikarp was probably the worst :P

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Spoiler:

#tank

Years
  • Hell yeah !!! we won

One fantastic game , two time legendary pokemon
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Role PM:

Spoiler:

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Spoiler:

:3

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Role:
    Spoiler:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • nothing too exciting
    Spoiler:

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I did a really good job in this game as far as picking out mafia/third party I've come to find.. until someone Destiny Bonded me to death for some reason.

Spoiler:

My present contained a Blast Seed and Oran Berry.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    :)

You are Ditto!
    You are Ditto, master of shapes. If you don't use your Transform power, you win as long as you survive the game. After you do, you can only win with whatever faction you change to. After you use it, there's no way back.

Starting HP: 45

Attack:
    Attack: 1 damage

Night Action:
    Transform: Once during the game, you may chose one player. For the rest of the game you play as if you were an identical Pokémon as your target, including your alignment.

You are Audino!
    You are one of the Explorers. It's up to you to find the members of Team Rocket, stop them and safely reach your destination: the Sinjoh Ruins.

Max HP: 111
    Attack:
    Heal Pulse: heals 10 damage from the target.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Thanks to Lycan for a fun game, and giving me one of my favourite pokemon! <3

You are Ariados!
    You are one of the Explorers. It's up to you to find the members of Team Rocket, stop them and safely reach your destination: the Sinjoh Ruins.

Starting HP: 75

Attack:
    Constrict: deals 1 damage.

Night Action:
    Night Shade: target one player each night, that player takes 9 damage.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • And finally... here's what you've all been waiting for: the epilogue!

ocket's Investigation

Epilogue
    Now all was safe, everybody was full of positive energy (that even went for Minun) and the last part went fairly quickly, without much trouble. And finally they reached their goal, a place far north of the area depicted on Johto's maps: the Sinjoh Ruins!
    From the outside, there wasn't even a small sign in the snow that gave away the presence of the most powerful Pokémon, not for the eye at least, but it energy could be felt in the air that surrounded the remaining explorers. Their sixth sense led them to a small corridor in the mountain wall. Inside was one room, with a triangular pattern drawn on the floor. In each of the corners the pattern glowed of one of the members of the creation trio. Arceus stood in the middle.

"Welcome to my humble home, very brave of you to come here. You do realize, I hope, I can take all of you out in one blow. Luckily for you, I won't, you've proven your courage, and I think that should be rewarded. Now allow me..."

Arceus turned himself around and pressed a button that said "Secret entrance" in the opened stance.

"There is something you should know however, I will only stay for one day, in which I allow myself to be observed my this professor of yours. Then, I shall return and reseal the gate. I'm rather fond of my normal loneliness, it's really helpful with doing... uh... my god stuff, things you're too mortal for to understand.
    One more thing, do share your stories with other Pokémon. The tales of your adventure may never be forgotten. And while you're on it, don't forget to leave out Arceus's greatness. Some Pokémon still think that the green tentacly creature is mightier than myself. ...I'm talking about Tangela of course, what else?"

"Now, let's head back." Arceus added and a moment later they stood back in Johto.

(Pokémon) Trivia
    • A short summary on what happened in the game can be found here. Not sure if everything is accurately in there, but it should contain most of the details.
    • In total 4296 damage was dealth.
      • This includes the healing, counting as negative damage.
    • The average starting HP was 89, the median was 82.
    • TheCapsFan remained unattacked for the longest time of all players, not being damaged until Day 10, not counting the sandstorm and a Present.
    • Team Rocket's secret machines were based on the similarly named TCG cards.
    • Apparently the presence of legendary Pokémon sounded unbelievable at first. Truly there wasn't any mention of those, I planned to keep them a secret until Night 5 or so, but then people were all role revealing.
    • Universe (Mr. Mime) targeted Nimsy on Night 0 with Role Play, the only player with a passive that doesn't count as an ability.
    • jdthebud (Audino) was hit by Poison Gas twice on consecutive phases, Day 1 (through Metronome) and Night 1.
    • Gunner (Clefable) used Poison Gas twice with Metronome, while there were over 50 possibilities for attacks.
    • aeternum tried to claim the Pecha berry Juno was helding with his Bug Bite attack, but was just a little too late as Juno had just gifted it to Jdthebud.
    • Day 6 post mentioned a Pokémon feeling less pointless now, which should be taken literally as Universe (Mr. Mime) Role Played the Iron Barbs ability.
    • Although Cheshire Cat (Ferrothorn) had Rapid Spin as its attack, Ferrothorn are unable to learn the move in the games. It was a terrible mistake on my side to assume Ferroseed would learn the move just because they spin around rapidly in BW/BW2.
    • Ironically three people died on Day 7, during Christmas, which is the same number of deaths during the first five days and nights together.
    • The beige presents in the Night 7 narrative are a reference to Faeries and Demons, where yours truly was blown up by a beige present and insta-killed.
      • It made a return in the Day 12 narrative, on my birthday.
    • During the Present giveaway on Day 7, nobody obtained a leppa berry and thus there has never been one in the game.
    • In Night 7, aeternum and Universe visited each other and both died that night (thanks to others however).
    • In the Night 8 narrative, Golgari (Camperupt) said: "Pokémon, people, all life exists on land... That's why Team Magma is trying to expand the world's landmass. Don't you agree?" which is a quote from Maxie in Pokémon Ruby.
    • The game had a lot of discussion about the Team Aqua faction, even while it wasn't even in the game, there just one character who thought so. KetsuekiR was clearly stated as seen as an Aqua, but if he truly was an Aqua, he wouldn't show up as a Rocket, would he? Of course a tailor role is a possibility, I admit, but don't think I'd ruin the fun of a tailor by giving away the true identity.
    • Davepetasprite^2 (Clefable)'s Self-Destruct (through Metronome) did enough damage to have one-shot Ice Goddess during Day 10. He had only 10 HP left though.
    • txteclipse survived Day 10 with only 1 HP left.
      • He had 3 HP left before Ullion dealt him 2 damage.
    • If you put the first letter of each line in the Day 11 narrative behind each other, it spells "THEYRE EVIL", to subtly clarify again that the Lake Guardians are bad guys.
    • Originally, Palkia was planned to be part of the game as well, but it was scratched later.
      • This way, the set of playable legends can be seen as Pokémon Diamond version.
    • While I technically am listed as playing Professor Oak, I wrote just as much from the view of Arceus and to be frank enjoyed writing with the latter's character the most.
    Player list
    Lycanthropy as Professor Oak
    aeternum as Nincada
    Chesire Cat as Ferrothorn
    desinishon(2) as Giratina
    Syndrome(2) as Uxie
    Bardothren as Koffing
    Milotic as Minun
    txteclipse as Espeon
    Nimsy(2) as Meganium
    Davepetasprite^2 as Clefable
    Rozureido(2) as Cloyster