• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shaving

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • I'm getting ready for work tonight and I had a quick glance at myself and what I saw was met with many an eye-roll. Time to shave. It was fun after a while but I just can't be bothered anymore.

Does anyone actually like shaving? Some people I know find it therapeutic. Some people can actually grow facial hair that they can do something with! Of course, we shave other things as well. Is that equally as enjoyable/annoying to you?

Years
  • Once per week, I hate doing that, but I prefer to keep my face in care. Other parts... not so often.

I'm gonna attempt a movember with a certain south-american user this year ;)

Last edited:

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I hate shaving but after a week my facial hair looks too messy. Like it hits its prime at about the 5 day mark and looks really good, a couple days after it's still alright but any more than that and it needs to go.

Years
  • I enjoy the physical act of shaving, the sensation of the shaving cream and applying aftershave is really pleasant, but I hate how I usually will get at least one spot from shaving no matter how careful I am.

I am fortunate that I don't have to shave very often, the downside of which being that I can't actually grow any substantial facial hair at all and instead look like a dirty 14 year old if I leave it too long (usually about one week).

Years
  • I'm actually trying to avoid shaving right now to see if I can get new spots of facial hair to grow in. So far, nothing is too long to where I don't need to trim, but I'm hoping that what I have right now doesn't get too much longer either.

Last edited:

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • I only shave my beard a bit, I know it's time when I see drops of water collecting in it after I shower lol.

Years
  • I shave my arms, legs, face, I'm a very hairy person and I hate it ;_; And I have to do it daily too

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I hate shaving honestly lol. I have yet to find a razor and cream combination that doesn't net me razor burn. Honestly I put off shaving as long as I can, but I'm more prone to shave in the summer.

Last edited:

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • i absolutely despise shaving. it's too much time and too much effort. also i'm prone to getting razor burn and nicking myself because i have very shaky hands. it hurts and i'm whiny when it comes to pain so there's that.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • i shave pretty often but i don't enjoy it. i don't know anyone that does lol. for the longest time i didnt shave my legs to be honest, though ive started getting in the habit now, even if i dont do it as often as i should

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I am fortunate that I don't have to shave very often, the downside of which being that I can't actually grow any substantial facial hair at all and instead look like a dirty 14 year old if I leave it too long (usually about one week).
    I really wish I could grow thick, maleable facial hair but it's just not consistent enough. So this speaks to me on another level haha.

kinesis

Sounds like one of them lil' birds
    Years
  • I really wish I could grow thick, maleable facial hair but it's just not consistent enough. So this speaks to me on another level haha.

Tell me about it man, these are the struggles that keep me up at night.
    Well... not really but you get what I mean.
    I hate shaving with a passion but my beard grows way too patchy to warrant not shaving it off, which is a shame. Some people smash it out the park with their facial hair and I for one demand justice.

Years
    • Age 27
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Nothing is more satisfying than shaving off really itchy 4 day old stubble. It makes me feel like a newborn baby.

User19sq

If I had the chance, I'd apply corrosives onto my body to kill follicles once and for all.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I started using an epilator a few months ago and it's been LIFE CHANGING
    So convenient and it keeps the hair away for weeks since they're removed from the follicle

I don't know if they would work on a face but I use it for underarms and bikini, and I imagine it would work well for legs too - luckily I don't get any leg hair so that's not something I have to do
    bless the asian hairless genes

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I don't know what this is but why do I suspect it's painful.

I'm an extremely hairy person and I'm liking how that looks less and less but I also hate the process of shaving.
    It's not particularly pleasant, no, but I guess I'm somewhat used to the feeling of hair being ripped out of their follicles since I used to wax

I've actually never tried shaving in my life, the idea of a sharp razor on my skin is a lot more terrifying to me and I feel like I will cut myself

Back