• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shedding hair

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Those of us with curly hair know what I'm talking about. We shed hair as bad as a cat. x.x
    I don't know about you wavy or straight hair folks but it's a hassle to take a shower and comb 'cause you have to pick up all of your hair before the next family members walks into the bathroom. D:

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
    Years
  • I have naturally wavy hair and I shed like crazy, too. I am calling myself insane for wanting to grow it long, but I really want to try. I've had short/pixie hair for the past ten years and I want change. Very conflicting.

Years
  • Fine, straight hair, and I too shed like crazy. Wouldn't be surprised if curly-haired people shed more than me, but it's enough to be a problem. I hate having to pick hairs off of me after I shower. Or I have a hair stuck to me, or hair on my shirt, hair everywhere I look. Can't tell if it's worse now that my hair is long again, or if it's just more noticeable. >___<

I wish I knew if there was anything I could do to make it stop.

Champloo

RNG Expert
    Years
  • Used to have this happen quite often when I wore hats all the time. When I stopped it didn't seem to happen as often. Maybe it helps IDK lol

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Wavy hair and I shed like hell. I get a crapload of hair out every day, and if you brush it, you can see more than 20 strands of it on the bristles.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • It's quite long, and wavy, so it happens now and then. But I can tie it around my head and pretend that I'm a ninja, so there's that.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    My hair sheds bad when I let it grow out. I wake up and have to pull hair off my pillow.

Omg that's the worst. Even my own room isn't safe lol. When I have someone visit, I have to inspect my bed for hair. x.x

Years
  • I have naturally wavy hair and it falls out too. :( Seeing strands of hair on the bed is lame. Want to cut mine shorter though, somewhere a bit past shoulder length would be good for me since I prefer shorter - but not too short - hair. Was awesome the few months I had it that way years ago.

Years
  • I have thin wavy hair and I thought my shedding was bad but this thread has given me some perspective. I have to scoop up a handful of hair after I straighten it but I have never had it all over my pillow before.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • My hair isn't too bad for shedding; it's thick and straight. I've never found any on my pillow before (not unless i've had a hair cut anyway), but I do have to wash away the occasional hair if i've been in the bath or shower.

Hopefully I get to keep all of my hair, and not end up like my balding father who started losing his by his mid-20s.

Years
  • I have some major curly hair, and yeah, pretty sure I have it shedding in random places even without me realizing it. The shower just happens to be the most visible place where it happens; my favorite is doing laundry and somehow some of the clothes come out with tangles of hair that I could have sworn were not there in the first place. :T

...One of these days I might get a hair cut to help tone down on that, argh.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I have very long wavy hair so I shed quite a bit. Everytime I brush my hair or shower it's there. Sometimes when I make myself food I find my own hair in it and I'm always just like "WTF." It's annoying and mildly gross for myself, but I rather have the problem of shedding hair because I have hair than have no hair at all so I'll deal.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Maybe that's why I end up shedding so much hair. I thought it might be stress or one of my medications. O_O I have naturally curly hair though, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was true. It's so annoying though, but at least it's thinned out my thick hair I used to have growing up.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I have naturally wavy hair and I shed like crazy, too. I am calling myself insane for wanting to grow it long, but I really want to try. I've had short/pixie hair for the past ten years and I want change. Very conflicting.

Haha I had my hair long once. Never again. No matter the length, just running my fingers through my hair will pull out at least 1 strand. x.x

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I've grown my hair sort of long (between mid-back and waist length) and I've started shedding a lot, but it would probably be much worse if I didn't do hot oil treatments. Luckily I don't shed too randomly, it's more whenever I give it a super thorough brushing and then I have to clean out my brush.

Back