• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
I've yet to get a shiny from Wonder Trade. Seems to happen a lot from Poketubers handing out freebies.

527.png

Elvis the male Woobat

EDIT: Found a shiny Woobat while playing on my Y Nuzlocke playthrough. This makes 3 shiny Pokémon obtained on Nuzlocke; all three from special interactions. One from a bush, one from using Rock Smash, and this one from a cave shadow! Either I've been lucky, or those interactions have a higher shiny rate than normal!

Last edited:

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
Got a shiny Palkia from wonder trade yesterday, but I'm gonna put that up for trade because I've already got one.

I just caught my second shiny Snubbull from a friend safari and I'm currently evolving it.

AleXShi1

Keep it real
Years
Hello i would like to join this club if its still possible!
Here is the list of all the shinies i have:

Obtained from trading: (traded those for other shinies i hunted)
Spoiler:

Hunted and obtained by myself:
Spoiler:

Currently hunting a Virizion in aS and a shiny ho-oh in hg

Thats about it! If anyone wants someone to talk to and hunt together feel free to mensage me! :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I did my first shiny hunt in Omega Ruby. I used the old rod to fish chain a Magikarp at 49 and a Tentacool at a chain of 9.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I'm breeding shinies with my OT now because I have no life and.. ok I have no explanation. My favorite is my 5IV Charmander in a Dive Ball. Didn't come out with Solar Power, but that's okay. Its IVs are 31/31/31/x/31/31 and it's Adamant with 4 egg moves. Perfect Mega Charizard X :)

I'm working on Deino now for a friend. They're in dusk balls with 4 egg moves and a Timid nature. Currently at like 400 or so eggs.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
After the first Tentacool I did some more fish chains in order to find a second shiny Tentacool.

Instead I found 6 more shiny Magikarp.
The first at 24, then 30, then 38, then 9, then 52, and finally at 62.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I got shiny Abra today in Friend Safari, the 3rd encounter and the first Abra encounter.

I actually had a dream last night about finding a shiny Abra in Friend Safari without a pokemon with shadow tag in the first spot. It was the main reason I decided to go to that friend safari. I got a crit cap so the shadow tag didn't matter. It actually ties with Butterfree for quickest friend safari shiny.

I forgot to mention this but had some incredible luck with Snubbull, it actually used Roar and failed... Not sure if it failed because we were in FS, or my pokemon being higher level. But I think it was just luck.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
After breaking a chain of 53, I did another chain and finally got a second Tentacool at 13. I evolved it into Tentacruel.

Another Gen 1 Pokémon knocked off the list.

Edit: I just caught a Trapinch with Arena Trap so I could hunt for shiny Kirlia, found a shiny Kirlia in 18 encounters.

Edit Again: Not literally 2 minutes after the Kirlia I find a shiny Magmar in 4 encounters. I love these back to back quick shinies in Friend Safari, this is the 3rd time after Espurr in 7 and Drowzee in 1 and then Tangela 63 and Electabuzz at 13.

Edit Third Time: This is my best day ever, 4 shinies. Just found Spiritomb in FS after 11 encounters.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 9, 2016
So I just got alpha sapphire a couple of weeks ago and I haven't been able to really hunt on it so I have got any shines myself, but I did get shiny dragonite, shiny Milotic, and shiny Xerneas in wonder trades.

I am currently hunting electrode!

Btw I just joined the club

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
Caught a shiny Yanma while hunting for the remaining hidden abilities that I never grabbed from my Pokemon X cartridge.

193.png

Name: Zippy
Nature: Docile
Ability: Compound Eyes

I might get an ability capsule for this one... Speed Boost seems better. I just checked Smogon, though, and saw there is a build for both non-HA abilities. *shrug*

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
X - Stephanie

Shiny Female Pidgey - This Pidgey was caught in a Friend Safari and has a relaxed nature with the Tangled Feet ability. I instantly noticed that Shiny Pidgey is a lot darker than its regular form. Oddly Shiny Pidgeotto is an odd Green colour. My Shiny Pidgey is now a Shiny Pidgeot and for me Shiny Pidgeot with its dark brown feathers and all yellow crest is a better colouration than her regular color scheme.

I plan to transfer her over to Alpha Sapphire at some point and see how she fares as a Shiny Mega Pidgeot.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
I was just cycling through some grass on Omega Ruby and this shiny Electrike appeared and took me by surprise. I don't even have the shiny charm on this save file yet.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Woooooo!!! I found shiny Lapras today in Friend Safari, encounter 956...

I don't normally continue in Friend Safaris past 512 unless I really want a specific shiny.

My longest Friend Safari now with a shiny caught, and I was in a Friend Safari with Delibird and Bergmite, I already had Delibird and didn't really want Bergmite as this was going to be the last shiny in my second box and wanted it to be either Lapras, Ninetales or Vileplume. Also of course Lapras is a Gen 1 Pokémon and I'm trying to complete the Gen 1 Pokedex with shinies. At least the ones I can get in X, Y and Omega Ruby.

It's kind of funny as I got 3 shinies in 33 encounters total in Friend Safari about 5 days ago. And then this Lapras takes almost 1,000 encounters. Friend Safari is random.

BTW my first ever bred egg move/46 level up Imprison/Perish Song Misdreavus was not bred in vain.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
074.png

Nickname: Nugget
Nature: Timid
Ability: Rock Head

Caught a shiny Geodude (gal) while hunting for hidden abilities in Pokemon X. I am always hunting with the best Pokemon for each route/horde and brought my Latias and Latios with me. Latias is my lead, so I can get a Heatmor with White Smoke, and I used Guard Split to keep the shiny alive. Swapped to Latios (both have Heal Pulse) and used Telekinesis on the shiny; Even though only one Magnitude was used the whole battle... oh well, helps to be prepared :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
When I found my second shiny Geodude in Victory Road it was the only one to use Magnetude so it actually helped my knock out the others.

magolor

hsssah!
Years
even though i took a short break, my shiny luck still prevails as of late!
another shiny klang appeared after 353 REs- and since my sister named my previous klang arin hanson, she insisted that this one be named dan avidan.
ain't that just the way. though classes prevented me from hunting much this summer, i found a little time during a car ride to SR in ORAS as well- and
came up with a shiny castform after only 103 SRs! My shortest reset hunt by far.

klang.gif
castform.gif

I really hope this luck holds out! only one more shiny to complete my ORAS team. :15:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
X - Stephanie

Shiny Female Butterfree (Happy) - Found in a Friend Safari, my new Shiny Butterfree is Level 30 with a Brave Nature and the Hidden Ability Tinted Lens. She also has two Perfect IV's in Special Attack and Speed. I really like the feminine purple and pink colour scheme here and there is a lot of cuteness in Butterfree's Shiny Colouration. It has Whirlwind but luckily it did not use it during the battle. Considering it's colouration I am pleased to get a Female Shiny. :)

Shiny Male Wartortle (Blue) - Caught in a Water Friend Safari that contained only two Pokemon (Wartortle and Krabby) After a mere 9 encounters in that Shiny Safari session, the new Shiny Wartortle is Level 30 with a Timid Nature, the Torrent ability and perfect IV's in Defence and Special Defense. The Squirtle line is my favourite water starter and I plan to train the Shiny Wartortle into a Shiny Blastoise. Whilst not a dramatic change (Although it is instantly noticeable) I like the dark purple skin and green shell of Shiny Wartortle. Whilst Blastoise is a classic Pokémon with a superb regular Colour scheme I plan to take this Shiny Pokémon to the Battle Maison and train it in defence. The name Blue comes as Pokémon Blue was my first Pokemon game and Squirtle was my first ever Pokémon.

This means I have found two Friend Safari Pokémon in one day.

Back