• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Somebody bring me some water!

Years
    How big a person would you say you are when it comes to really spicy foods, or ones that are drenched in really hot sauce? Like, say, chicken wings, buffalo/BBQ chicken sandwiches, really spicy sushi, jalapeño peppers, things like that. Do you crave the spicy tastes and thrive on them or do you prefer to keep your mouth as far away from them as possible? For that matter, what would you say is the hottest thing you've ever eaten?

I love spicy foods, even if the tastes are a bit extreme sometimes. But I don't know what the hottest that i've had is, may just be chicken wings, buffalo wraps or stuff with jalapeños. I've seen stuff like habaneros, though, and have heard just how hot they are. I like buffalo sauce but not BBQ, that is not my taste.

Discuss.

Sirfetch’d

I eat a lot of spicy food when I can. I have a very high tolerance when it comes to heat so most spicy foods arent an issue haha. I don't like the taste of peppers naturally though and prefer them with a lot of food to drown them out a bit :s

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I LOVE spicy foods, but only with flavor. If they're spicy just for the sake of being spicy, that's weak as hell. Otherwise if it has great flavor, I can handle like any heat.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I'm the reverse; I can handle really cold foods but not spicy stuff. Although I do like my spicy foods also, I tried a Scotch Bonnet (I think it's 30x hotter than a Jalapeno) and my mouth was literally on fire for so long. So probably not as hot as that.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I can barely handle mildly spicy. I can't stand anything that's beyond that because I do have a hypersensitivity to stuff like that. It will literally feel like my mouth is on fire that not even water can stop it. D:

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I like spicy foods. I just have to want to eat them and they have to taste good. I absolutely love buffalo wings and things like that, but I don't seek them out to eat. But if the option is there to eat something spicy, I take it.

Not too spicy though. I haven't had anything hotter than a jalepeño yet.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    First off, water doesn't help. Milk is good for a spicy mouth.

I like a little bit of a zesty kick. Nothing painful. I'm part Italian; a spicy tomato sauce is nice sometimes. haha It's mild, extra warmth for the most part. Chinese food though, a lot of the time I go for the spicier items yeah. And I do have a soft spot for spicy hot chocolate (also very mild heat).

A couple weeks ago I bit into one hell of a hot pepper. I scrapped out the seeds and everything. Had the tiniest bite possible. Like just a shaving through my teeth. It should not have been as hot as it was as I was told what kind of pepper it was - and I've had them before. But, holy crap that was just beyond. Like nothing else. That little minuscule sample burned me good. It hurt like hell. Eyes watering, nose running, mouth in paaain. It hurt. Downed milk and chocolate milk and even ketchup packets as that was the closest thing nearby lol Still felt it for like an hour. That pepper was not marked correctly, no sir.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I like spicy food, but I have a feeling there are a lot of people with a higher tolerance for spiciness than I have. I enjoy things like jalapenos, fairly spicy salsas, buffalo wings, etc., and I have had (and enjoyed) other peppers like habaneros, but there are a lot of spicy things that I haven't tried. A lot of the people I know also have really low tolerance for spicy food, which probably warps my perception as well.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    Nope!

I don't like spicy foods and I will keep away at all costs. I don't have a very high tolerance for it, and I don't like the feeling that my mouth is about to burst into flames.

I tried a jalepeno once because how hot could it really be?

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    I love spicy foods, but I can't tolerate high levels of spiciness. Considering I'm a Malaysian and that Malaysians are known to have a high tolerance for spice, it's a bit of a disgrace to me and I can't call myself a true Malaysian ;; lol but yeah that's besides the point. I feel that the spiciness adds a whole lot more flavour to the food and adds to its natural flavour most of the time. If it's too spicy however, it feels like I've just placed an entire galaxy of Suns in my mouth. Expect lots of milk to vanish down my throat in a millisecond.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    I would eat a jar of jalapeno's if I could (although they're not THAT spicy... well to me anyways)

I have a pretty good tolerance to spicy food, considering my background culture's food is mainly spicy food. I'll have chilli on most of my food, except my stomach can only handle so much sadly. So I try to not over do it, the taste doesn't affect my tastebuds, but my stomach isn't the strongest organ in the world.

I also cannot eat sushi without wasabi, it's boring and flavourless otherwise.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2014
    I can't eat spicy food at all, it just kills my mouth. For this reason i'm only limited to like 2 currys while my parents try out a lot of different ones.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I ate the worlds hottest pepper once. I really don't have a problem with spicy things and I really like them. I actually kinda weird, I can eat things drenched in hot sauce no problem, but like the other day I went to Red Lobster and had the coconut shrimp and they were too spicy for me to eat. Weird.

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
    Years
    I am crazy about spicy food. In fact, I am almost always ready to eat buffalo wings.

Spicy chicken or shrimp pastas are to die for. I make chili that will set your face on fire. I have crazy high tolerance, much to my fiancé's dismay.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I love enough spice that I'm getting the kick, but I can still enjoy the other flavors of the food. Anything that is so spicy that it masks everything else is not something I enjoy. To me that makes whatever you're eating completely pointless.

Typically I love spice on anything Mexican I'm eating. There's this spicy calamari I get from a Chinese place in town that I love. A spicy chicken sandwich or burger is fine by me too.

Back