• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Speaking of names...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    My username here on PC (this is the only username I've had on PC btw) originates from my time on Yahoo Answers (which I occasionally still visit). When I had first signed up on there, I went with one of the most boring usernames possible, my first name, because I suck at coming up with names for anything. So some time later, I had noticed that several other users on Y!A had names that were "No Chance Without [insert something here]". So I was like, why not, let's change my username to something like that, at least it'll be better than my current one. And Zekrom is my favorite Pokémon. And thus the name No Chance Without Zekrom was born.

So when I came to PC a little over 5 months ago, I decided to roll with that as my username cuz this is a Pokémon forum, after all.

I actually have several different usernames in the online world. I still have yet to come up with the one perfect name...will I ever come up with it?

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I named myself after my cat, Sergeant Dustmop.
    My cat has the best name, I use it for pretty much everything online now.

Spoiler:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • My username translates to "The Dark Hero." I always thought that was an interesting word combination , as those two words are basically contradictions of one another. I wanted to spice it up a little bit though as I thought that alone the name would be pretty bland, so I looked at other languages. Initially I wanted to make it Italian - as I am Italian - but I found out that the Spanish translation, "El Heroe Oscuro," just rolled off the tongue better than the Italian version, "L' Eroe Scuro."

Boom, thus elheroeoscuro was born.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Lol I just picked my name. Idk I really couldn't think of anything and what I did think of was so cheesy so I went the lame route.

Nakala Pri

With Gym Leader Rozu, total spur of the moment when joining. But it turned out okay. <3

‎When I was playing New Style Boutique 3DS and I thought: 'Heeey, Tiara is an epic fashion name! :D' and so ‎๖ۣۜTiara it was, haha.

Now, my upcoming one, Airhead, was also a spur of the moment when I was remembering the back of one of the Princess Diaries books, haha.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I got the username 'Aslan' from the lion of the Chronicles of Narnia. Thought he was a pretty badass character and the name sounded nice, so I went with it. I'd also been using the name on the battle server for a while so I switched to it on PC for convenience. I honestly have no idea how I got Rainbow Arcanine though. Arcanine was my favourite pokemon and I guess rainbows are awesome too. :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Minerva is the Roman Goddess of war, wisdom and defense. She is the counterpart of the Greek goddess, Athena. She is my favorite of the Greek/Roman Gods. This was the main reason why I chose this name, while the majority of you all thought I chose this name because it's Professor McGonagall's first name...which sadly...that wasn't my intention at all. xD

My previous name, Axeliira, was a crazy one though. It's "Arilexa" backwards, but the "i" was added for extra accent and emphasis, so instead of pronouncing "Ax-EL-ura" it's actually "Axel-LEE-rah". The name was derived as a combination of the names of my two nieces, Ariana and Alexa.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Well I got my username from an antagonist in the game Crisis Core : Final Fantasy 7. He's named Genesis and it's also my current theme :3

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    My current username comes from the fact that Bubblun is my all time favorite VG character, Then decided to add Air before it because I'm light and agile. Sabin was added because Chris Sabin is my favorite wrestler in TNA. Thus, AirSabin Bubblun.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
  • It's actually an inside joke between me and my friends. Since during high school we took creative pictures for the year book and I dressed up as Link from Legend of Zelda, me and my friend began referring to me as the "Nearsighted Hero of time" after that. I then suggested to him that we should one day do a cosplay of adventure time characters and that I wanted to be the Ice King. So one night when I learned I had the chance to change my username, I quickly thought of Nearsighted King of Ice.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    My current username is my real name.

And my last username Echo was just....random. No back story. :P

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Years ago, I was a mere thirteen-year-old that first started using an email address (that was monitered by my parents of course). I was an uncreative idiot at the time, so the only screenname I could think of was taking my initials, TMB, and affixing Jr at the end as it is at the end of my full legal name. Throughout the rest of my teenage years, I went by the pseudonym tmbjr everywhere I went to on the internet. I soon found out that that wasn't good enough for some people I've met along the way. Oftentimes its unpronounciability was ridiculed by people. An old friend of mine from right here at PC took to pronouncing it as Timbjerr everytime we skyped, and I naturally started adapting it as my own. XD

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • My previous username, Synerjee, is derived from my actual last names which I shall not reveal here. It so happened that my last names formed a word that sounded like 'synergy' and I thought it was coincidentally cool, so I stuck with it for everything that moment onwards.

As for Autumn Reverie, I was searching up beautiful English words online and came across 'reverie'. I found it to have both a beautiful meaning and spoken sound. At first, I considered changing my name to Reverie, but it felt like it was missing something. I went on another round of searching and came upon the common but beautiful word 'autumn' by mere chance. I then put the two words together and thus Autumn Reverie came into being.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Well, even though it's not my username at the moment, [supporter]AlexTheRose[/supporter] was a portmanteau of my middle name, Alexander, and my last name, with an article added in for effect. I came up with the name on an MMORPG called RuneScape back in 2009 and it's stuck ever since.

I went ahead and grabbed the username I have now while it was available as a username change, since the account was old and dead and all. Lucky me, eh?

Years
  • Sammi was an older nickname of mine, back when I first joined. I don't go by it anymore irl, but I figured since most people on PC still know me as Sammi, best to change to that. I have no plans on changing it again.

Before that I was sammi-san, because final name changes came up and Sammi was taken by a dead account. I didn't want to be stuck as one of my OC's names forever (my username at the time was Sana). Although I should've stuck with Sana or another name, because sammi-san made me look like a total weaboo when I wasn't anymore. -_-;

At least that was better than my original username on my 1st account... nayana_1120. That account still exists with that name too. D:

Back