• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Still playing?

Years
  • Been almost two months since the game came out. Are you guys still playing, or have you put the game down? For those who put it down, do you plan to pick it back up when the DLC comes out?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I hadn't really touched the game much since I completed my Pokedex in late November, but the DLC announcement got me excited so I've slowly gone back to shiny hunting while watching Netflix with mom in the evenings. I'll probably drop it again before long, but the DLC will bring me back for sure.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • In a few days ago I started to play it again, even though I focused more on leveling up some 'mons instead of clearing Gym Challenges. Granted, I didn't progress quite far yet because I got the game several weeks ago.

Years
  • I've really enjoyed playing, but I played a heck of a lot in the first month and once I completed the dex I too got a little burnt out for a few weeks.

But the DLC news, Galarian Slowpoke and the current Gigantamax Pokemon available have gotten me playing again. xD I've caught all of them except Appletun.

I've also continued working on my team. Their EVs are all sorted now. This means I should never need an EV reduction berry again, as any future Pokemon I train will be from scratch.

So the goal at the moment for me is to catch a Gigantamax Appletun and finish working on my team through Bottle Caps and Nature Changing Mints. :)

Oh and I've pre-ordered the DLC, so if I've stopped playing again by then that will definitely get me back into it. xD

Years
  • I finished the game Friday I think? I didn't finish the dex, but I finished the story. I don't care about the dex as much.
    But the DLC! DUDE I purchased it today and I saw my girl at Wedgehurst Station and caught Galarian Slowpoke and she was so CUUUUUUUUTE! ^.^;
    And other than that just hanging out at the wild area getting me some watts. Why does that amuse me so? Oh well.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I stopped after the ghost trial I think? I stopped once when I got to the ruins city, and kinda forced myself to pick it back up, played until the ghost trial, saved, and haven't touched it since. At first it was the wild area that kinda fell short for me. Now I don't really feel a sense of accomplishment with my Pokemon, and the story is obviously pretty poor... The games kinda just didn't do it for me this time. It's a shame. I think the forced exp share kinda ruins it for me, cause I really liked Sun & Moon. I also never finished PLGP/E for pretty much the same reasons.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • After I beat the main game, I've put it down just because I felt the game was incredibly average (only picked it up a few times after to trade a Pokemon and get mystery gifts). I might pick it up again once Pokemon Home comes out and maybe continue playing after DLC comes out.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm playing Shield now, just started it the other day after finishing Pokemon Sword's story to its completion. Last thing I did in Shield was catch an Eevee that chased after me. I hear Eevee are pretty rare on route 4, so it was a surprise, lmfao.

Years
  • Still playing too, mostly doing raids! Not every day though since I'm distracted and busy aha. I enjoy raiding though, especially knowing that one day (hopefully) I'll find that elusive shiny den 👍

Years
    • Seen today
    I finished yesterday morning, but I don't know if I'll pick it back up for any post game stuff. I'm ready to move on to another game, even though I did have fun.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2021
    Still playing. I've been getting a lot more into battling in SwSh, probably because I battle my bf a lot and it's really piqued my interest. Excited for home and the dlc to come out, because I can finally use all the IV bred Pokemon I collected back in gen 6.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I played it through and then after beating it there really isn't much to do so I restarted the game and I'm going with a monotype grass run in the hopes it will be more challenging.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Been playing this whole time! Shiny hunting, raids, daily tasks, training every Pokémon to 100, completing a living dex. There's so much to do and I enjoy every moment of it! (。'▽'。)♡

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I completed the dex and have slowed down a touch since. Still will play to do Raids every now and again, but I would like to clear out some more of my gaming backlog too.

Back