• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Just ONE more daaaaaaaay ♪

I have an orthodontist appointment tomorrow though so instead of getting my game once Gamestop opens at 11 am, I have to wait till I get back home around 2 pm. >.>

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Why can't Nintendo just do things in bytes like the rest of the world?

And I so wish that it was tomorrow already.....

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Do you think I'd be able to just walk into a store and buy Super Smash on its release? I sort of...forgot to preorder it and I think it would be a little fruitless to try and preorder it now (right?)

ShadowEdge

Pokemon Master!
    Years
  • Do you think I'd be able to just walk into a store and buy Super Smash on its release? I sort of...forgot to preorder it and I think it would be a little fruitless to try and preorder it now (right?)

They normally have 20-30 extra copies and no man pre order it who cares what others think.

Also guys today is the day!!! Yay can't wait!!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Ah, I just finished looking that up, and it appears that the game is actually 1.2 GB. However, this is still a large number, which equates to around 9,320 blocks, so you'd have to get another SD card if you want to download digitally.

Shoot, it looks like I do need to buy a physical copy then, but since my brother will also buy a physical copy of his own, we may not tell which copy is ours. And assuming the Wii U transfer rumors are true, I don't know if it'll be limited to one 3DS cartridge per Wii U copy.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Yep, you still have a good amount of space for Smash. :D
    Though you'll most likely need another SD card after a while when you download it.

Just checked my 3DS... yep, 12,234 blocks left, enough for Smash with 3k blocks to spare~

I can't download a lot of games to my SD card since I can't add funds quite often, so Smash or no Smash I won't get a new SD card real soon haha.

Why can't Nintendo just do things in bytes like the rest of the world?

And I so wish that it was tomorrow already.....

Blocks make everything even more confusing~

And I so wish I have the money to buy this tomorrow... Er... 12 PM tomorrow ('cause I'm 12 hours ahead of America). :'D

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Do you think I'd be able to just walk into a store and buy Super Smash on its release? I sort of...forgot to preorder it and I think it would be a little fruitless to try and preorder it now (right?)
    That's what I'm gonna do. I've haven't pre-ordered a game in years, come to think of it.

But then again, I also live in some little town where nothing happens, so it's not like there was a mad rush of pre-orders for my local Gamestop....things could be different in Boston.

But I'm pretty sure like ShadowEdge said, that they order more than just enough to cover for pre-orders, particularly for a popular game like Smash, so you should be able to get a copy.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I went to buy Tekken Tag 2 and pre-order Bayonetta 2 at my local Gamestop today and the girl told me that they're doing a midnight release tonight. Oh my god, my body is ready.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    YOU PLEBS
    By-kE-1IAAENGzr.jpg

SMASHING TIME

except i have to be responsible and sleep

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    ^Aw, I still have to wait like 18 hours to get it....

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Meanwhile look at the line up at the Nintendo World store in Manhattan. 3 blocks long!

By-kUuPIUAA9I0W.jpg

All for the Smash Bros Midnight launch, wowzers~

Years
  • Wow, that's really a lot of people. Was not expecting anything less though because Smash. ^^

Meanwhile, still waiting for that download to finish... and barely keeping myself awake

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    2 more hours till I get Smash! :D

EDIT: What is sleep?
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I already got Smash Bros. at hand (via eShop, that is), and so far I tried to clear my first Classic mode with Mario, with unchanged intensity (2.0). I'm wondering, will they change the intensity if I battle more? I don't want my intensity changed into harder at first, haha.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • Went to my GameStop's midnight release and picked up the game! Though technically, the GameStop I preordered from had a shared midnight release with one nearby, so I had to get my order transferred over to that other one.

It's so much fun so far, I believe I've already unlocked around 5 of the 12 hidden characters just by playing Classic Mode. xD

The GameStop I went to also had a Project M tourney going on while we waited (I played as Samus, of course). I lost in the second round, but I had fun.

Anyone else have the game now, or are just waiting until later on in the day?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I'm still waiting to get it. Gamestop doesn't open till 10AM here, and all the cars will be gone at that time since everyone else has to go to school or work, so then I gotta wait for one to come back.

I already got Smash Bros. at hand (via eShop, that is), and so far I tried to clear my first Classic mode with Mario, with unchanged intensity (2.0). I'm wondering, will they change the intensity if I battle more? I don't want my intensity changed into harder at first, haha.
    I thought you could choose the intensity when you start your run? Like how you could choose the difficulty in the past games?

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • You can change the intensity at will; they'll just give you an automatic intensity level, just in case you're still learning about the game~

Back