• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
  • Hey, guys! Just passing through, although I do love me some smash.
    Melee main is Samus and Cap'n Fack'n, with a pocket Ganon and Pikachu, PM main is split between Ganon, Charizard, and Samus, and Smash 4 is between Greninja, Luigi, the Cap, Olimar, and Mega Man

I was wondering if anybody is going to Smashcon in the D.C area in August. I also was wondering if anybody wants to sign up for a Melee Doubles partner? I accidentally signed up cuz I thought a homie was in, but he wasn't. I'm a half decent player, but you know. I'm no M2K.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019

Now I don't wanna say I told you so

Nah just kidding, I told you so.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Now I don't wanna say I told you so

Nah just kidding, I told you so.
    Ahem.

One of your friends from source gaming mentioned on his Inkling article that mii costumes shouldn't automatically deconfirm a character the costume is based off of. Also worth noting by a couple of Kutthroats from Smashboards that out of the Nintendo-based Mii costumes, which were ripped from either in-game models or trophies, no pre-existing in-game model/trophy of K. Rool using his original Rare design exists, which makes things all the more peculiar.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Yeah no.

I really doubt they're gonna sell us DLC costume of a character that's gonna be playable as DLC later. That's dirty as hell. So no Inklings, either.

Also the only playable character that has a full costume for Mii Fighters (and no, hats from the Mii Plaza mean nothing) is an avatar himself.

GengyGengar

Sp00py
    Years
  • Ahem.

One of your friends from source gaming mentioned on his Inkling article that mii costumes shouldn't automatically deconfirm a character the costume is based off of. Also worth noting by a couple of Kutthroats from Smashboards that out of the Nintendo-based Mii costumes, which were ripped from either in-game models or trophies, no pre-existing in-game model/trophy of K. Rool using his original Rare design exists, which makes things all the more peculiar.

The thing you need to understand is those characters are all already characters, and have been for a long time now. K.Rool hasn't been in Smash yet, in character or Assist Trophy form, so I don't think Nintendo would sell a Mii Costume for K.Rool, only for him to be added as a character later. Then again, I could be completely wrong and he could be a DLC character. God I hope so...

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • People really need to stop trying to impose their own rules on who can and can't get in as DLC.

Everyone's acting like all these rules are definite, but we've only had two waves of DLC, and they were pretty different from each other. It's like saying we'll get nine characters next DLC release because we got one first and three the next. They probably haven't even decided all of the DLC characters yet and we're acting like we of all people should know. I'm not saying K. Rool will or will not be DLC, but I very much doubt they put in the costume as a replacement for an actual character.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • more Mii costumes:

^ That's Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia, which was for Gamecube.

^ I THINK this is from MOTHER?

^ Bear costumes of sorts

GengyGengar

Sp00py
    Years
  • People really need to stop trying to impose their own rules on who can and can't get in as DLC.

Everyone's acting like all these rules are definite, but we've only had two waves of DLC, and they were pretty different from each other. It's like saying we'll get nine characters next DLC release because we got one first and three the next. They probably haven't even decided all of the DLC characters yet and we're acting like we of all people should know. I'm not saying K. Rool will or will not be DLC, but I very much doubt they put in the costume as a replacement for an actual character.

You say that, but is Nintendo really that cheap that they would sell a DLC costume for K.Rool, only to add him as a fully playable character later, basically making the costume redundant? No one is saying they know who will and won't be in the next wave of DLC, but at the moment it isn't looking good for K.Rool...

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I'm fairly certain they put in these costumes to throw their fans a bone.

Otherwise, what's the point of selling them if they're gonna eventually sell the real deal? Unless it's a blatant cashgrab.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Some of you guys are mistaking Nintendo for Capcom. I'm positive they wouldn't go that route with their DLC.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • You say that, but is Nintendo really that cheap that they would sell a DLC costume for K.Rool, only to add him as a fully playable character later, basically making the costume redundant? No one is saying they know who will and won't be in the next wave of DLC, but at the moment it isn't looking good for K.Rool...

To be fair, at least one or two of you are saying you know.

And my point was that Nintendo themselves probably don't have all the game's DLC planned. It's possible that they'll later decide that the fans have begged enough and just give us K-Rool. I don't know that it'll happen, but it could.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I'ma getting the Lloyd mii costume.

But what I'm more interested in is if the update tomorrow will bring character/balance changes, and if so, what exactly?

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    If they could add Lucas, who literally has all of his Special moves available as customs to Ness, I fail to understand why they can't add a character who simply has a Mii costume of them.

(I'm not complaining about Lucas by the way, I think he's awesome)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • ^ It's actually not official; it was made by the users of Smashboards to discuss the situation of mii costumes and the ballot.

/r/smashbros has yet again updated their customs off tier list:

Spoiler:

GengyGengar

Sp00py
    Years
  • ^ It's actually not official; it was made by the users of Smashboards to discuss the situation of mii costumes and the ballot.

/r/smashbros has yet again updated their customs off tier list:

Spoiler:

I'm not surprised, Samus really doesn't have anything going for her. It's sad though, because I really like her.

Also, I want to touch on ZSS. I personally think ZSS should be Number #2, after Sheik. She has favourable MUs against Rosaluma and Luigi, has great approach options and a rushdown game which is great for putting pressure on the opponent, as well as a stunning projectile, a combo throw into UpAir and Up+B and some excellent recovery.

Back