• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat, Chat-Chit, Chit-Chit, Chot-Chut Choot Shoot Chute Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I like Facebook for that reason.

Now, I'm really pissed. I had my email hacked and spam was sent from my email. I sent a message to all my contacts to let them know of the spam message. Yes, I even sent you one, Nica (If you are reading this, yeah.... I think you might have gotten that I was hacked :P)

Had that happen to me once in my Yahoo email account. I decided to abandon it for a Gmail account (which is waaaaay better).

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    Ew social networking. Even though i like have a account on lots of sites, facebood/twitter/myspace/myyearbook/ga...?/youtube/and only much more that I dont ever log into.
    I only go one facebook for pretty much 2 friends of mine. internet-esh friends. dont know them in real, but they are like my best friends.

I generaly use a comcast email. though I also have a hotmail (Which is pretty cool too) yahoo (um, ok 6 or 8 of them xD), i think i also have a gmail, dont use it. o.O
    So yeah I use my comcast and hotmail. to email myself xD

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    I personally don't see how people on forums can be against social networking. Forums are social networking.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years

Had that happen to me once in my Yahoo email account. I decided to abandon it for a Gmail account (which is waaaaay better).

I love Gmail better than any other email. I have a yahoo, hotmail/live and aim but i prefer gmail so much better

I personally don't see how people on forums can be against social networking. Forums are social networking.

Haha you got a point. Forums are networks and we do socialize on them

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Exactly, even if you have no idea who those people are on a forum, you're still socializing with those people. ^_^

About the email situation thing, I use two separate email addresses. One for things such as video games, forum sign-ups and everything like that, and another for more real-like professional stuff, like jobs and things like that. If I wanted to hand my email out to people for professional reasons, I would use that one, which is my gmail. I use hotmail for everything else along the lines of the internet in general. :)

Skip Class

Years

About the email situation thing, I use two separate email addresses. One for things such as video games, forum sign-ups and everything like that, and another for more real-like professional stuff, like jobs and things like that. If I wanted to hand my email out to people for professional reasons, I would use that one, which is my gmail. I use hotmail for everything else along the lines of the internet in general. :)

I do that with my facebook. I use my live for my facebook and youtube messages but then I forget about the email for a month and when I reopen it again I have about 500+ unread messages XD

Skip Class

Years
    I get really excited getting messages from youtube for some reason XD but I have like a million different emails. I can't remember some sometimes XD

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    I hate leaving emails unchecked. xD;
    Even if it just notifications, or a subscription on Youtube.

Same here! It drives me nuts. My mobile alerts me when I get a new e-mail- even crapola from the providers or useless notifications. I still read them, or at least, make sure it's read.

Anybody who thinks that talking to people online is not being sociable is a retard. Now that I'm done with pigeonholing, am I the only person that cares about the fact that Encyclopedia Dramatica got shut down?

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I never check my email. Well, I check it once in a while but I leave it be and do nothing with it. xD

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    Great, now I have to go and check my email(s) again. Thanks, guys.

EDIT: And thanks to that, I save some cash. Thanks, guys! (no sarcasm this time)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oh God I rarely check my emails. I have so many emails of things that happen on Facebook and then the spam and... I just ignore it all pretty much, since none of it matters to me. ^____^

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I made a new e-mail account since my previous one was attacked with spam and other random e-mails. It used to build up to 99+ but my new one doesn't get any at all, which is so much of a relief. :>

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I just click on "don't send me activity emails" in pretty much every place I sign up to. I want to use my email for friends and stuff I really care about.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I check my e-mails and read pretty much every one I get, as I have a really good spam filter. Most of the ones I do get are ones I want to get so it feels weird having 'unread' ones in my folder. UNCLEAN!

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2011
    The only e-mail that I check every now and then is my e-mail that I use for important such, like college. My other e-mail has a whole bunch of unread mail that I should consider deleting sometime.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back