• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Daily Chit Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I think The Village people is the most "wrong" from that list.

Years
    I love Abba's hits, and so does my mother. Usually my mother dislikes talking about music, but I bet that if anybody mentions Abba in front of her, she'd be interested.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    Nokia 3330 with the changeable case background?

I might be wrong about the colored screen thing, now that I think about it. But nope, I had the 3110.
    The Daily Chit Chat

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    This is my favorite of my old phones

Spoiler:

I've actually had iPhones since the 3GS. I'm on iPhone 6 now. :D

Same. Except instead of the iPhone 6, I decided to get a Nexus 6. WOMP. Don't really know which I prefer, but I miss the familiarity of the iPhone. I do love my Nexus, though.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    This is my favorite of my old phones

Spoiler:

I've actually had iPhones since the 3GS. I'm on iPhone 6 now. :D
    Dude, we can be phone buddies. I mistakenly got the GOLD iPhone 6 (Should have went with black, since my OtterBox is dark blue and black, the white & gold doesn't fit >:(
    I freaking love the iPhone. I don't find myself switching back to android anytime soon. It's amazing.
    Woah, you aren't betraying us. That's why Apple is such a healthy thing.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I freaking love the iPhone. I don't find myself switching back to android anytime soon. It's amazing.
    Welcome to the shiny side. We have app store.

I don't want a non-iPhone if I don't have to switch. I loved my iPhone 4 to bits (literally ;;) and I enjoy my iPhone 5s too, even if I thought the 4 looked better and was a better size for my tiny fingers 8)

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I love my iPhone 4S, but I wouldn't mind switching to a Samsung galaxy or whatever - it just wouldn't feel right I guess.
    I'm not really too fussed about getting anything new atm. As long as I can access internets and apps and stuff I'm happy.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    in all honestly the only problem I experience is a lack of space which makes my phone freeze, but that's my fault since I literally fill it with music.

That's still a good reason, nothing wrong with saying that. I currently own a 5S myself and can attest to the fact that it does glitch out when it's low on memory. That being said, I would be incredibly nervous if I upgraded to the 6. Those things look so fragile and thin, and that video of that guy bending his iPhone didn't help either.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    That's still a good reason, nothing wrong with saying that. I currently own a 5S myself and can attest to the fact that it does glitch out when it's low on memory. That being said, I would be incredibly nervous if I upgraded to the 6. Those things look so fragile and thin, and that video of that guy bending his iPhone didn't help either.
    Get an OtterBox, you wouldn't have to worry about a bent phone. I have the defender series. I think that's only the iPhone 6 Plus that bends. Not the regular 6. I love it and it's pretty fast, much faster than my two nephews, who both has an iPhone 4 and an iPhone 5C.
    I suppose, if I was to upgrade I'd have to get a bigger memory phone too though. However as for the phone bending, unless you're out to intentionally bend it then you're fine.
    You could. I accidentally didn't pay attention when I got a 16GB memory for my phone, but my phone is nearly full everyday with music AND TV shows. I have about 3 episodes of a TV show (Orphan Black, Game of Thrones, House of Cards, Viking, etc so far I've been catching up on) downloaded and a bunch of music downloaded as well. It doesn't slow down or freeze up on me at all. Maybe because 4G?

Originally I was just going to take my 5th Gen iPod to work as well (it's 32GB memory) to watch TV shows on there but my phone has a bigger screen so I was just screw it, I can handle deleting & downloaded every couple of days or so.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Perhaps, I've been reducing the music I carry at the minute though to avoid it. I was thinking about getting a separate iPod too.

That could work, if you are willing to carry two similar handheld devices at the same time everywhere lol

Aren't they making a Gen 6 iPod soon or is Gen 5 final?

Last edited:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I'm just sitting here wondering why on Earth people pay out the ass for iPhones when I have a $120 Samsung Galaxy Reverb that's done everything I need it to for two and a half years

Reading the convo here tells me the features you guys are paying for aren't really helping for your money. 4G is a data connection that you use when you're not connected to wi-fi, and unless you're downloading large data files (which you should be using ethernet for anyway) 3G works. An SD card is a great solution to a lack of phone storage, if your phone has a slot (it should). ;)

My phone doubled as a music player with a 16GB SD card holding all of my stuff. Never looking at space trouble, and definitely not looking at a beefier phone for that. XD

Speaking of which, I need to buy another one. I crushed my old one over something a month or two ago, didn't I?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I'm just sitting here wondering why on Earth people pay out the ass for iPhones when I have a $120 Samsung Galaxy Reverb that's done everything I need it to for two and a half years

Reading the convo here tells me the features you guys are paying for aren't really helping for your money. 4G is a data connection that you use when you're not connected to wi-fi, and unless you're downloading large data files (which you should be using ethernet for anyway) 3G works. An SD card is a great solution to a lack of phone storage, if your phone has a slot (it should). ;)

My phone doubled as a music player with a 16GB SD card holding all of my stuff. Never looking at space trouble, and definitely not looking at a beefier phone for that. XD

Speaking of which, I need to buy another one. I crushed my old one over something a month or two ago, didn't I?

3G is slow as knobs though. Impatient people like myself can't live without 4G.

That being said, I'm not replacing my 5S even when my contract allows me to get an upgrade. I see not reason to use it as even though it glitches from time to time, it's only a minor nuisance. I really see no reason for upgrading unless my phone gets run over by a lawn mower (which...I've done before lol.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back