• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Daily Chit Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    As all-loving as I usually am, transvestites are the one thing I've never really dug. Sure men, women, trans, it's all lovey-dovey, but then you watch the Rocky Horror Picture Show and your mind's a bit fried

Okey dokes, I'll keep an open mind. What makes you feel that way?

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    Okey dokes, I'll keep an open mind. What makes you feel that way?
    It's confusing for me, but it's not like seeing a trans person as with them they have a desired gender and you can be empathetic with that, using it as a tool to enhance their experience. Love, and by extension empathy/understanding, play a large part in me being pan and not just bi, and that just can't exist with transvestites for me. It's more surface-level than I'd like it to be, and in reality it's a fetish that I just don't have. That's what I think.

Lucid

It's confusing for me, but it's not like seeing a trans person as with them they have a desired gender and you can be empathetic with that, using it as a tool to enhance their experience. Love, and by extension empathy/understanding, play a large part in me being pan and not just bi, and that just can't exist with transvestites for me. It's more surface-level than I'd like it to be, and in reality it's a fetish that I just don't have. That's what I think.

Wait, wait dude, if anyone is being an ass, it's me. I really don't mean to be an ignorant jackass, but I probably am. Can you inform me how I offended you? I'm not baiting you or anything, I'm really just wanting to know how I offened you/ how to properly speak to a trans person. I apologize my bad.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years

Don't worry, you've confused me as well lol. That being said, while I might not personally agree with the parts that I did understand, I can respect that it seems like you've put some thought behind it and it's not completely a hate-related opinion against transvestites.

And for the record, before anyone blasts me for 'liking' his post, I have nothing against transvestites; I support their rights as much as anyone. It's more just that I respect people who can support their own opinions, even if they might not necessarily be the right ones in my eyes.

Although to be perfectly honest I'm getting lost now whether or not you're referring to transvestites or transgenders at this point.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    Oh you guys......

don't take things so seriously. We're all trying to have a good time. I can't hate transvestites because I have no personal preference for them - my opinion isn't the only one in the world by any stretch. You're asking for trouble if you try to echo it as such.

Although to be perfectly honest I'm getting lost now whether or not you're referring to transvestites or transgenders at this point.
    I was getting at transvestites and how I couldn't relate because I'm usually empathetic and attached in my approach towards gender confusion.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm just one of those people who don't even use it because it doesn't give you notifications yet

please don't take offense to what I said
    I don't take offense ^^

How do you mean notifications? I really wouldn't want a notification every time someone posts in a thread to which I'm subscribed, I much prefer being able to look through the list myself from the UCP/Dashboard :) most useful page on pc.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    Oh you guys......

don't take things so seriously. We're all trying to have a good time. I can't hate transvestites because I have no personal preference for them - my opinion isn't the only one in the world by any stretch. You're asking for trouble if you try to echo it as such.

I don't think I was taking it as seriously as some people might, considering it only takes one person to start a wildfire and it is the Internet lol. Everyone will have differing opinions and people should respect that.

Lucid

Now that's thats over, let's go back to talking about someone's ass or whatever we were talking about...

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    How do you mean notifications? I really wouldn't want a notification every time someone posts in a thread to which I'm subscribed, I much prefer being able to look through the list myself from the UCP/Dashboard :) most useful page on pc.
    well, the way I use it on LTT must be a bit different.

The threads I subscribe to are either mega-threads where I'm part of a project on and may or may not be OP (such as with Sylvenstein), or Q/A threads I'm an OP on and want to be buzzed for responses with.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    I guess it's useful getting buzzed for notifications with how it's used on LTT, and they have IP.Board... like, I want to have a notification whenever anyone replies to my mega thread because it's feedback. If it's positive I'll leave a like.

I think the notifications bar up there would seem a lot less barren if we had a system set up like that, IMO

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I guess it's useful getting buzzed for notifications with how it's used on LTT, and they have IP.Board... like, I want to have a notification whenever anyone replies to my mega thread because it's feedback. If it's positive I'll leave a like.

I think the notifications bar up there would seem a lot less barren if we had a system set up like that, IMO
    Mine would overflow... I already get enough notifications 8) each of us have our own preferences, of course.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
    I just finished playing a Chinese MMO called Age of Wushu, and I decided to search for some Chinese music. Found this masterpiece :D

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    The most interesting thing about ethnic music from times past (think above, and Ancient Egypt etc) is that they are based in the instrument families of the middle ages which didn't exist during the actual time periods

also I just realized that someone probably said something unwary and it totally went through my dense head as I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary at all

I'm a bit out of it though atm, back and forth between bed and PC... I was nauseated from dehydration too. and we don't have any food.

Rika, I'm trying to picture some sort of hybrid system with that..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back