• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Daily Chit Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
    try to contain it. I had the same problem and got walked on in mine.

As in, somebody came in/interrupted? That's actually good, becuase it often relieves the stress of the interview and gives you some time to assess what exactly you're gonna say.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    As in, somebody came in/interrupted? That's actually good, becuase it often relieves the stress of the interview and gives you some time to assess what exactly you're gonna say.
    No, as in the manager took advantage of my submissiveness to belittle me personally and play head games with the questions that you'd basically have to already know him to know what he wants to hear

Never again, fast food industry. And that place was still better than the McDonald's. There was a lot of oppressive shit going on at the McD's that I wanted out of.

Foxrally

Years
    The annoying thing about where I live is that nobody will accept you if you don't have a university degree, nobody's gonna hire you (unless you personally know the employer beforehand). Interns are mostly college students, rarely ever high school students.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    In Singapore, you have to have an Associate's to be a sales associate, lol. You talk about a high power curve, heh

I'm thinking about what I'm going to do for money given my family probably won't be sticking around very long after I stop tolerating them

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Well, if it's a high end job, of course they're gonna want you to have a university degree. The problem we have here is that most companies want students that do Atheneum, which is the highest form of middle and high school education in the Netherland, because they are very likely to leave when they become 18. From then on they can do better jobs and are probably moving to a university.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    All this talk about careers and money and school has me thinking about how much I've just raised myself...

I have no high school, no stability after 18, and no one that shows they're there for me

I'm just supposed to "make it" by going to community college with ??? living funds while breaking hell to ensure I don't lose my medication, then score some ???? job in IT that had my family cared I'd be working right now.... lol

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It all depends on the job. What I aim to do, people without a college degree (in the right field) can't do simply because they won't know how (or why) to do the things I'd do.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I got promoted during my interview at my current job(they offered me a better job than the one I applied for). Cover letter, cover letter, cover letter. Resume, resume, resume, guys. Let the paper speak for you. Embellish. Interviewers love that shit.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    Because I was over qualified for the position I applied for. They basically called me knowing that I would be hired for that at least, but interviewed me for a better job instead.

Sirfetch’d

Oh well congrats on the promotion! I have a job interview this week as well for a local electronics and video games store. My last one went well though so I'm hoping this one will too.

Foxrally

Years
    Welllllll I had my interview, I find out tomorrow but he said he was very impressed!

Congrats! :D The closest I got to an interview was when I applied for senior prefect at my school and got interviewed by the heads of the school - I got the position but god damn interviews are difficult to handle. Luckily your interviewer liked yours!

Welllllll I had my interview, I find out tomorrow but he said he was very impressed!

Ooh good luck! I really hope you get it. I got an email back from a potential employer saying they were impressed with my qualifications and to resend my resume in sequential format along with a possible start date aha. So hopefully I'll hear back from them soon and get an interview scheduled.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back