• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Daily Chit Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Utah is...home of Mormonism right? What else is the state known for?

not much when its news articles are like
    The Daily Chit Chat

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    there are signs in the Salt Lake City airport that detail what to do to ensure you don't die when confronted by a grizzly bear. that means it's not uncommon. that kind of says a lot about Utah doesn't it

Years
    Does Australia have signs detailing all of the millions of things that are hazardous to human life there? Like, you get to Australia and there's a sign with a picture of the continent, a big red x through it, with a label "WARNING: this entire country is trying to kill you, turn around now and fly back to where you came from"

Because if not... there should be

I can tell you we do have dangerous creatures, but they're mainly a concern if you're in like the middle of the country with all that red deserty-ness. Not so much if you're in the major cities like where I am.

In fact I often see jokes here about the "go back to where you came from" thing that it's just unbelievable.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Australia is way to big to be just desert. We could have do so much with all that land.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    i am kind of skittish when it comes to large bodies of water, but i'll be damned if i don't toss myself into the Coral Sea to check out the reefs.

i have always wanted to visit Australia just for that. *^*

Years
    Joking aside I'd actually love to visit Australia some day. It's near the top of my list of countries to spend a month in.

Oh wow, you should definitely come here one day. I do feel kinda pissed that I live in the most expensive of the capital cities though, but at the same time it's got the most iconic landmarks of the capitals.

#sydneyproblems

Australia is way to big to be just desert. We could have do so much with all that land.

We are smaller than you think, but there's still sizable amounts of urban land so you could always focus more on that as opposed to the desert.

i am kind of skittish when it comes to large bodies of water, but i'll be damned if i don't toss myself into the Coral Sea to check out the reefs.

i have always wanted to visit Australia just for that. *^*

The water is the thing you need to enjoy here. In fact many flock over to the watery areas in the summer.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I never really got to sight see in Utah, but I had a layover there and flying over was so beautiful and the view from the airport was incredible too.

Also I had an interview yesterday and the more I think about it the more I really don't know how well I did loooool

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I never really got to sight see in Utah, but I had a layover there and flying over was so beautiful and the view from the airport was incredible too.

Also I had an interview yesterday and the more I think about it the more I really don't know how well I did loooool

I know it goes without saying, but try to not think about it as much. Trust me when I say everyone starts to nitpick at how they did after an interview (hell that happened to me way to many times to count.) There's no real reason to stress yourself over it; if anything, use this as a learning opportunity to not make the same mistakes twice!

Though you won't have any mistakes to learn from as you'll land this job (:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I don't know that I'd ever move to a permanent location outside of the US unless I had secured a job somewhere else. However I would love to live in any state besides Indiana after I get through college. Colorado also has some really pretty mountains.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    A crush of mine from high school moved from Colorado Springs to Provo and was telling me all about how Utah sucked compared to CO. I hold the Springs in a high regard anyway if that's any consolation

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I know it goes without saying, but try to not think about it as much. Trust me when I say everyone starts to nitpick at how they did after an interview (hell that happened to me way to many times to count.) There's no real reason to stress yourself over it; if anything, use this as a learning opportunity to not make the same mistakes twice!

Though you won't have any mistakes to learn from as you'll land this job (:

I mean she gave me her number after the interview so that could mean something!!! And yeah not really stressing, more like laughing at myself lol

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    Apparently you'll be an outcast if you value looks in Utah. They really are all about what's inside, or maybe they're okay with being unsightly idk lmao

Most of her complaints revolved around being judged and socially tormented. Which is strange hearing that because she was the dame at our school. go figure

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I would think that would be a more prominent thing in country places like Kentucky where half of the population is related by blood.

Stereotype of the day.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016

no worries Asyl! i'm sure you did great!
    we are harsh on ourselves this is true, but outward people are generally less critical.. unless they just suck or something.

Senusret said:
    Apparently you'll be an outcast if you value looks in Utah. They really are all about what's inside, or maybe they're okay with being unsightly idk lmao

my step mom's from Utah and due to the fact that she's married to my dad i'd say that's pretty true lmao.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024

Did you have a layover in Salt Lake? Was it at night? Holy hell is that city beautiful from the air at night time.

But the actual airport is SO small for an international airport. I was so shocked. Maybe it comes from the fact that I came from Philly, which has a pretty huge one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back