• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Daily Chit Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Yeah, but I still don't get how you can get close with the site. I mean, I would call it socializing with the members, haha. Getting close to PC sounds like you want to take out to a date to a fancy restaurant while eating dinner by candlelight...

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Yeah, but I still don't get how you can get close with the site. I mean, I would call it socializing with the members, haha. Getting close to PC sounds like you want to take out to a date to a fancy restaurant while eating dinner by candlelight...
    I remember being distant like that.

When you take the site in that way, it can really seem quite... hollow. :O
    It's just an illusion too.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I remember being distant like that.

When you take the site in that way, it can really seem quite... hollow. :O
    It's just an illusion too.

Hmm, I think I'm just understanding you wrong, haha. I think I just seperate the site from it's users more. I think I get what you mean, enjoying being part of a community and wanting to indulge yourself in that. I think it's quite common. People on the internet are still people, so you can feel just as big as a connection, and because the people you seek out on the internet are like-minded, it's easier to feel part of the community.
    And you do have a point with me being distant. I don't connect with people on the internet as easy as in real life.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • Hmm, I think I'm just understanding you wrong, haha. I think I just seperate the site from it's users more. I think I get what you mean, enjoying being part of a community and wanting to indulge yourself in that. I think it's quite common. People on the internet are still people, so you can feel just as big as a connection, and because the people you seek out on the internet are like-minded, it's easier to feel part of the community.
    And you do have a point with me being distant. I don't connect with people on the internet as easy as in real life.
    Well, I hope we're alright, then.

I need to work on my server... for presentation. I have a new, super-efficient system setup for multiple worlds for Minecraft ;)

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • It must be this obsession with working on the community doing stuff that means I can't keep away from the forums. It's how I became staff. :B
    Activities and integration like that have always been secondary to pure forum interaction for me. :P

I really love this forum's dynamic, and wouldn't want it any other way. It goes with the grain of how I am, and how I want to be. :)

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • Doing stuff here is nice. I like to help when I can, the feedback is really nice. But, it takes time to make your place on the community. More or less, it depends of the person.
    I'm here 'cause it's fun, and 'cause I'm comfortable. I spend a lot of time here, and as result that sustains itself I feel like I have a place and am acknowledged, which are important for me. Near as I can tell my esteem is shaping up as well, which is all the better 8)

I hate thinking about the really negative things. They're so emotionally strenuous and make for anxiety attacks and other things... :<

Regardless there's a lot of positivity in the air. I try to care a moderate bit for positive things and stay away from what's not.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    i think we all can agree that pokecommunity has the "community" aspect 100%.

we're all one big crazy family and we doesn't afraid of anything.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    i've always felt/been on the outside of this community atmosphere but it doesn't bother me

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • Eh, if people are really bothered about where they stand on an online forum, there are bigger issues at hand.
    What do you mean lol

Like, annoyed over a lacking (negatively), or caring at all...?

I don't think caring about your social standing and how you fit in is all that far fetched. Humans like to feel included, right?

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • Involvement? Ha; I wish I had more of an involvement. But alas something called life just doesn't want that.

I'm like the one above me; I just observe.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • I guess I could say for a while I did that too... I don't remember much from those times though, strangely enough. Anything pre-2013 is a faded blur. :\

btw
    The Daily Chit Chat

those emoticons look like they were drawn by a child psychopath y/y

Kyoe

working on it
    Years
  • Whoa, diggin' the new look for the forum. OVP, you've come such a long way. TvT

So, I haven't been much involved in the community as of late. But I've had a lot going on, and deadlines to meet. PC is a great place, but it's not a replacement to real life.

Just wait, I'll amaze you guys with some ideas I have!

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • Hahaha man I just...dropped off from here for like a year and a half. I'm virtually an unknown at this point. Plus this place is so huge it's hard to start from one good place and branch out from there.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    hey dude, i popped off the forums for 4 years once.

just do what i do and claim you're a veteran. assert dominance. show no fear.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back