• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Darkest Dungeon

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Mfw you are playing into my hands but don't realize it

Don't really have a choice tbh! You'll either win from predicting your own death and die a glorious third party, or... well if your death is the one we need to finish, Klippy will have to decide who wins I suppose :P.

Predicting your own death seems like a risky move though, doesn't sound like the king of thing that should work.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • Don't really have a choice tbh! You'll either win from predicting your own death and die a glorious third party, or... well if your death is the one we need to finish, Klippy will have to decide who wins I suppose :P.

Predicting your own death seems like a risky move though, doesn't sound like the king of thing that should work.

It's actually the opposite of risk and guarantees me the win if you guys keep tunnel visioning and thinking that I'm the evil, when I'm not.
    With looking at what we have I see a couple options

Gimmiepie is the last evil we need to kill
    GP is a villager like he says and we need to kill someone else.
    There is an evil hiding in one of the hero roles.
    Or you could kill me and end the game with my win, which I asked Klippy and he said that if I get the 5th predict, at this point in the game, it'll end.
    And since I'm not evil you could just avoid this entirely since I'll be only predicting my death from now on, and since I win with survivors it doesn't matter what I do at this point as long as I predict myself :)

So yeah.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well I got nothing. Last night I investigated machomuu just to confirm he's the Bounty Hunter and he is. There isn't much to go by obviously. It's be great if everyone revealed what their item does, but someone's gonna be lying so I guess there's no point. If anyone was wondering, I have an attack of 7. If Gimme doesn't die today, then I'll investigate him or Mana if he does die. After that I'm basically trash cause everyone's been identified. To be honest, I was hoping Doof would attack Gimme in hopes that he may be revealed since that would help him and us, but I guess that never happened.

Bidoof FTW

Years
  • Am I the only one who finds it strange that Golgari is claiming that killing him guarantees him a win, and yet he's trying to urge us not to do it?

Maybe because I actually want to help you?

Also I don't see any "urging" to not kill me, if anything it's been me actually trying to help you.. But see it how you will.

Also Fun Size I hit Machomuu as well to see the role.
    We probably should've communicated better xD

Years
  • Also Fun Size I hit Machomuu as well to see the role.
    We probably should've communicated better xD
    Yeah I agree haha. I had such a derp moment when I noticed that we could have gotten the roles of both Gimme and Machomuu if we decided together. Also Gimme must have a bunch of lives or something. Didn't you say that you can instakill whoever now? If so, then either Klippy hasn't gotten the memo that Gimme's dead or Gimme has more lives than I thought. :P

Also [Attack] Golgari

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • AROUND THE CAMPFIRE - 9
    The Heroes charged at an ornate door embossed with jewels, sigils, and etchings of evil. They slammed into it once, twice, three times, but the oaken door did not budge.

"This is the only door. I can hear the pounding of the Drums just behind it," said the Arbalist, pressing her ear close to the wood.

The Leper sat, eyes shut, meditating for an answer.

The rest of the Heroes sat down, exhausted and ready for a break, but a few got up to set up two fires against the hall that sat against the oaken door. The fires burned bright in expectation for Evils to approach. They would need to guard well this night.

The Prophet sat just outside of the flames, gazing upon the Heroes. His lashes and cuts pained him greatly. The Heroes had tried to slay him today, but he persevered. He pulled forth some tiny maggots from his pouch and pushed them into his wounds. They would help prevent infection.

"One to go now...just one..." he muttered to himself.

"Oy, the **** you just say?" asked the Bounty Hunter, nursing his own persistent and deep wound.

"One door, I say, one door! One door, one room beyond the door, and one death to end it all. In the Darkness, only one... only one..."

Golgari -47
    Omicron
    Ullion
    Sopheria
    Fun Size
    gimmepie -7
    machomuu -2
    GreyBidoof the Man-at-Arms
    Mana​

THE GAMEPLAY
    Spoiler:
    THE GRAVEYARD
    Klippy as The Ancestor​
    Melody
    Spectrum
    Zeffy
    Arsonist
    Absol used bite!
    Lawlietta
    jdthebud
    Marz
    Nakuzami
    Foxrally
    Charlie Brown
    Nimsy
    aeternum
    Etherion
    Zehn
    gimmepie the Giant
    Ash
    Hopeless Masquerade
    Collector Elwood
    Milotic
    faer
    Rozureido
    Davepetasprite^2
    Lycanthropy
    Christos
    Syndrome
    Bardothren
    Wizardman11
    JohnnyMustang
    Cheshire Cat​

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • CONFRONTING THE DARKNESS
    The Prophet was soothed deeply by the song of the Jester as he played. The camp was quiet all through their slumber. No echoes, no oinks, no thrashing of whips were anywhere to be heard.

The Prophet jumped up and walked towards the oaken door. He gazed at it longingly before laughing madly.

"What the hell are you laughing at, freak?" asked the Arbalist, poking the madman with a crossbow bolt.

"Don't you see?! Don't you see!? One door!" screamed the Prophet. He laughed wildly again, dancing in circles and clapping his hands.

"Shut up, you damn fool! They'll hear us!"

"No hearing, no eyes, no tongues or lies!" The Prophet balled his hand into a fist, rapping on the door once, twice, then a third time.

All was silent...

Until the door moved open and a Hooded figure beckoned them enter.

The Heroes did not move. In the firelight, this figure had no face. No figure. Ethereal, yet corporeal.

The Prophet entered gleefully, stepping into the deep Darkness that lay in wait behind the door.

"Enter now or journey back to the surface. Your destiny is behind this door, but only you may take hold of it, Heroes," said the Hooded One.

"And if it's a trap?" asked the Bounty Hunter.

"If I intended to kill you, you would not be here."

"Then explain why we've fought, bled, and died to reach this point!" shouted the Crusader.

"Trial and tribulation to culminate in a journey hard-fought. Destiny comes to those that seek it and persevere under hardship. I have watched for many days as friend and foe perished beneath the cobbles of this manor. This Dungeon contains a great evil beyond the realm of man," said the Hooded One. "All answers lie beyond this oaken door. But your journey is not yet over. You have a final task to deal with, Heroes."

The Heroes stepped forward, through the doorway, and into the Darkness.

THE DAMAGE
    Bounty Hunter
    Grave Robber
    Arbalist
    Crusader
    Leper
    Jester
    Highwayman
    Hellion
    Hound Master
    Caretaker
    GreyBidoof the Man-at-Arms
    Occulist
    Plague Doctor
    Vestal

Necromancer
    Acolyte
    Brawler

Bloodletter
    Cutthroat
    Thug

Swine Prince
    Swinetaur
    Wilbur
    Swine Drummer

Shambler
    Gypsy

Hag
    Crone
    Prophet -1

Villager
    Blacksmith
    Barkeep
    Priest
    Guildman
    Guildlady
    Wanderer
    Nurse
    Grave Digger

THE GAMEPLAY
    Spoiler:
    THE GRAVEYARD
    Klippy as The Ancestor​
    Melody
    Spectrum
    Zeffy
    Arsonist
    Absol used bite!
    Lawlietta
    jdthebud
    Marz
    Nakuzami
    Foxrally
    Charlie Brown
    Nimsy
    aeternum
    Etherion
    Zehn
    gimmepie the Giant
    Ash
    Hopeless Masquerade
    Collector Elwood
    Milotic
    faer
    Rozureido
    Davepetasprite^2
    Lycanthropy
    Christos
    Syndrome
    Bardothren
    Wizardman11
    JohnnyMustang
    Cheshire Cat​

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey Doof! Why you no stab peoplez 2knight? If u give up, I give u gold sticker.

So basically here's how I see it: we end the game with the Prophet living and get extremely punished by Klippy for not killing him, or kill the Prophet now and let good ol' luck take the stage and see how Klippy ends off the game. Right now I'm leaning towards the latter, but I'd like to hear your ideas right now of course.

Oh and Gimme really is a villager although that really doesn't help anymore.

Years
  • Hey Doof! Why you no stab peoplez 2knight? If u give up, I give u gold sticker.

So basically here's how I see it: we end the game with the Prophet living and get extremely punished by Klippy for not killing him, or kill the Prophet now and let good ol' luck take the stage and see how Klippy ends off the game. Right now I'm leaning towards the latter, but I'd like to hear your ideas right now of course.

Oh and Gimme really is a villager although that really doesn't help anymore.

Personally, I think a dead Doof2 is a good Doof2.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I think it would be more exciting to kill him :3333

It looks like he was soothed and stopped attacking. :)

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • the "being soothed" could also refer to the Jester roleblocking him fully. Meaning we're free to kill whomever without fear of his prediction.

Nevertheless, I see no reason to stop hitting him, so

[ATTACK] Golgari

Bidoof FTW

Years
  • Why do you assume that if I win by survival you all get punished? This isn't EM. You don't get less score depending on how you win, it's just a win.

If GP really is a villager then I'm thrown for a loop, but I'll keep telling you I'm not the last evil because it's the truth.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • The Darkest Dungeon

[attack] Golgari

Back