• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DCC: New Spring Edition coming soon 3/21!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Hey guys, Google Australia has a special logo today.

Not only is it my anniversary of joining PC, but today is the 80th Birthday of Sydney's famous Harbour Bridge. Yeah, it's the bridge that looks like a giant coathanger...

It was on this very day in 1932 that a famous Australian icon was open to traffic...

I love it when Google do those special logos on days where celebrations happen.

And this means I am changing the topic, what was your favorite celebration-based Google logo?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I honestly don't pay attention to what logo Google uses. I just type and search lol

Is there any place where you can see ones they've used in the past? If they did any based on cars, those could be awesome :)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    How long were usernames even green? :( I spent like 18 hours on a train but I felt like they should have been green for LONGERRR

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Not that long lol. Audy overslept and no-one else got round to changing it so we didn't get the full 24 hours.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Shouldve gotten 24 hours from when Audy did it imo :(((((

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Hey guys, Google Australia has a special logo today.

Not only is it my anniversary of joining PC, but today is the 80th Birthday of Sydney's famous Harbour Bridge. Yeah, it's the bridge that looks like a giant coathanger...

It was on this very day in 1932 that a famous Australian icon was open to traffic...

I love it when Google do those special logos on days where celebrations happen.

And this means I am changing the topic, what was your favorite celebration-based Google logo?

In Spain, we have this:

To celebrate the Bicentenary of the Spanish first Constitution. Looks pretty nice, I really like the design they used for the google letters.

Years
    Google seems to have taken tips from Japan: give your company a cute and playful mascot (or logo games) and people will think you're a good company.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    UK Google is being boring today. They've done some cool ones in the past, but I honestly can't remember any of them.
    Google seems to have taken tips from Japan: give your company a cute and playful mascot (or logo games) and people will think you're a good company.
    Oh, Google's still evil. Great search engine with a cute gimmick every once in a while, but they want a piece of every single bit of the internet...

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    I like when they had the snow falling every time you did a search for Let It Snow this past Holiday season.

They need to do more fun things like that with their engine!

EDIT:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    there are so many easter eggs on Google. Like "do a barrel roll" and such. There's more but can't think of themmm

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    There's another one that you like put in a really specific compliment like "Who's the best person ever" or something and hit "I'm feeling lucky" and it says you are haha.

Also do I'm Feeling Lucky on a search for Chuck Norris.

Edit: It's "who's the cutest". :3

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    You should try typing "Where is Chuck Norris" and click the I'm feeling Lucky Button. It's pretty hilarious xD

Also, you could try Google Gravity or Google Sphere.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Who needs Google when you have Wikias for like everything? (Just kidding, but still...) I use Google every day for images. I like to use Google, but I don't like how Google can see what you're searching and when you search for it.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Google is the only good search engine imo. Too bad that google itself is pure evil.

That's the way I feel about it. I just feel like it's giving me good results, plus it's pretty simple.

I remember back in the day I would use AskJeeves though (Now it's just Ask). Me and my cousins would have fun with it, asking Jeeves inappropriate questions.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I've tried Yahoo and other relative search engines but I always just go back to Google, I've used it for as long as I've had the Internet and for me it's the most useful search engine. Not to mention it has News, Images, Videos etc.

Also, I don't think it's St. Patricks Day anymore (Thread Title) ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back