• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The MEGA Competition—First Round! [WINNER: M-Amphy and M-Venu]

Favorite Mega Evolutions this round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
Welcome to the MEGA Competition!
A competition to determine the best Mega Pokemon around

What is this all about?

Hello, and welcome to Round number one of The MEGA Competition! Here in this competition, all of the Mega Pokemon battle it out to see who's the best one! ... Or should I say, you, as the voter, pick who's the best one?

How this works

So! There's going to be four separate rounds, each with 12 different Mega-Evolved Pokemon. Because of the sheer number of Mega Pokemon, only the top two winners from each round will advance. The Final Round, therefore, will consist of the final 8 winners to battle it out to see who the best Mega Evolution is of them all.

May the best Mega Evolution win!!

Cid

Years
Voting for Mega Blastoise and Mega Ampharos. I have to rep one of my favorite Pokémon and one of my favorite Mega designs, respectively.

Sirfetch’d

This was a hard list to choose from because I don't really like....any of these. Went with mega Venusaur and Mega Alakazam because I've used them before and had fun!

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
^ I second that sentiment, and surprisingly enough only voted for one—Mega Kangaskhan! I know nothing changes with her design, but that little Kangaskhan is so cute!! I love how they battle together, as well!

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
Voting for Mega Mewtwo X, Mega Ampharos and Mega Alakazam.

Btw, what kind of tie-breaker method will be used in the case of tie?

Last edited:
Years
Mega Venusaur is my favorite mega of all time but I also gave my votes to Alakazam and Gyarados.

I enjoyed using Alakazam a lot in Gen 6 and even during one period in Gen 7 meta so I gave it a vote and recently I also enjoyed using mega Gyarados in Battle Spot in my Ultra Sun game and Gyarados is one of my favorite water types so it also deserved my vote.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
Years
Tbh I don't I've ever used more than 4/5 Mega Evolutions on both X and AS. I'm not sure how well they do in battle, so I'm going to choose them based on the design they got! With that, I say I'll vote for Mega Gengar and Mega Ampharos. The first I've never used, but it looks sick! The second I've just recently used on my X playthrough and it did very well! Also, Mega Ampharos just looks so majestic with that "hair".

Last edited:
Years
Threw my own votes towards Mega Gengar and Kangaskhan, though I don't feel strongly about many of the Pokemon in this particular poll. I'd give a vote to Mega Ampharos too, but it's going to breeze through this round, so it didn't really need my help, haha

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Going with Mega Ampharos, Mega Scizor, and Mega Charizard! :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
I voted for:

Mega Venusaur - Bulky Grass type that gets Thick Fat to get rid of 2 weaknesses

Mega Charizard X - Best Mega Charizard, should've been the only one

Mega Blastoise - Makes Blastoise stronger with Mega Launcher, although it should've been Water/Steel

Mega Alakazam - Looks like a wiseman; has Trace to deal with Pokemon like Kingdra and Excadrill

Mega Pinsir - Gives Pinsir a chance to shine in OU

Mega Gyarados - More fitting type than regular Gyarados; gets Mold Breaker

Mega Ampharos - Gotta love the cute yellow sheep

Honorable mentions: Mega Gengar (should've gotten a less OP ability), Mega Kangaskhan (Seismic Toss with Parental Bond is too much), and Mega Aerodactyl (I don't like its design much)

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
Voted just for Mega Venusaur(didn't know that we could do multiple,lol). It has thick fat and, to be honest, i haven't used any other mega in this list except 'zard and 'saur, out of which i felt 'saur was better...

Last edited:
Back