• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] The PokeCommunity Game-Along IV: A New Gaming

Panda280

Panda280
Years
  • Took a break for the last one because I went to play xc3 again. Xd. This month I'll play Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King. It's a 2d Zelda-like game.

Panda280

Panda280
    Years
  • Finished it. It was a fun Zelda-like game. The weapons were pretty good. I've never expected that a bomb can be this good. The sharp end was pretty fun to swing at, but when releasing, it didn't do a fast spin around like in Zelda game.

The story was ok. I like that it was told through a grandpa to his grandchildren. I didn't 100% it, but I got plenty of heart containers. Would recommend to someone who like 2d zelda.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Posting as the credits roll for the second time on TUNIC. I got through both of its endings, and also pretty much 100%ed it. (not counting any missed money/basic consumables chests, if there even were any) I'll give my more in depth thoughts on the game below.
    Spoiler:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I finished Garden Story about a week ago. I ended up using the umbrella weapon a bit more often than the sword during the main story and I felt a bit bad about it so I was thinking I might find a different sword game to play, but that seems unlikely. However the umbrella basically plays like a rapier and I did make an effort to use the more traditional sword weapon through the postgame that I completed so it did feel within the spirit of the rule and I'm content with that.

I actually realized that Tunic was also on my list so that was gonna be my replacement game but unlike Alex I did not go into it with the understanding that its difficulty was styled after Dark Souls and I found it way too difficult and frustrating even if I liked the idea of it so I dropped it very quickly ahaha!

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Pops in late. Finished a Fire Emblem playthrough started last month. (Probably could have counted for this month, given the percentage of time spent this month. Expected to be done sooner, also.) Picks Link's Awakening DX for the Game Boy Color. Listed as an option for a previous Game Along entry months ago. Finally commits to it this time. Might be able to squeeze it in before the end of the month.

Never really played this game before, for some reason. Beat Link to the Past at least once.

Years
  • I beat Star Wars Jedi Survivor. I used dual swords stance for 99 % of the game, so I think it counts. I also used blaster stance, but it's basically sword + blaster. It was a good sequel. But I think the original had better story.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Finished Link's Awakening DX for the Gameboy Color. Disliked it. Spent most of the game getting annoyed by something or other. Blames some of it on hardware limitations (such as only having two buttons). Does not explain all the bad stuff. Vented in a game journal entry on it.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Just finished Pathfinder: Kingmaker just a moment ago, i'll come back and edit this post with a longer form of my opinion on the game tomorrow after I get some sleep. A tl;dr for now:
    -The story was surprisingly good
    -A lot of the choices seemed to matter in one way or another which is a very pleasant surprise!
    -Gameplay-wise most of the game was solid-to-good, but the last 2 chapters were absolutely atrocious (constant fights/waves/rooms/battles of the same enemies over and over again)
    -Some of the mechanics (as I understand) are pretty true to the source material of Pathfinder, and I feel like they don't actually translate as well to a CRPG from being a TTRPG originally
    -As someone fairly new/unfamiliar with the DnD and Pathfinder systems, I do feel as if I like the Pathfinder system more, and that the class system/availability in the game was nice (and I know it gets better in Wrath of the Righteous)
    -Some of the dungeons were neat, some of them were a royal pain in the butt

All in all, a mostly positive experience - and one that I think I would have enjoyed more had I not had a deadline to reach (I quite literally played this game from noon to 2am with only minor breaks for food and such just to get it over with) :p

edit: So I won't expand much on what I said already since I think I summed it up fairly well, but I will leave a couple of spoiler-y thoughts down below:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years

• Spoilered since you spoilered.

Spoiler:

Years
  • August - Short and Sweet

Sometimes, the best things come in small packages. The best experiences can be over in moments while suffering can be drawn out over hours. every now and then, it's nice to dive into something that doesn't outstay its welcome and goes out on a high note. Also, Get-Together is this month and things are about to get busy as all hell.

This month the theme is short games. More specifically, the game you play must have an estimated play time of eight hours or less.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Are we allowed to pick games that we know we can beat in under 8 hours? Like for example, I can any% Zelda Majora's Mask(N64 version) in a single Link cycle, which is absolutely no less than 3 hours, yet the estimated play time for any% says it takes 20 and a half lol.

Years
  • Are we allowed to pick games that we know we can beat in under 8 hours? Like for example, I can any% Zelda Majora's Mask(N64 version) in a single Link cycle, which is absolutely no less than 3 hours, yet the estimated play time for any% says it takes 20 and a half lol.

Specifically games designed to be under that time.

Years
  • I'm tempted to pick some obscure game that's on my itch.io list and takes like 15 minutes to beat. But it felt like cheating a little bit, so I pick The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe. I love the original, so I'm looking forward to this updated version.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Hmmm. While a bit tedious for how I specifically play games, this does give me a very good excuse to finally play 'The Shrouded Isle' that I've had in my backlog for probably 5 years lol. According to 'HowLongToBeat', it clocks in at about 4 hours for any%, so it fits the challenge perfectly.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Selects Commander Keen 2: The Earth Explodes for this month. Planned to go for something short on the same reasoning. Estimates about 3 hours of game time.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • A short game? Twist my arm why don't you.

I'll go with Oxenfree II. Picked it up on release day but haven't had a chance to sit down and play it yet. HLTB says it's about 6 hours for the main story, so it counts!

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Spoilered since you spoilered.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

_________

Welp, short games are something I don't frequently play/buy but at the very least I do have Portal in my steam library that I haven't played since it came out. I have a few other games I can think of that I may consider as well, like Left 4 Dead or maybe a round of civilization if that counts?

Back