• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] The PokeCommunity Game-Along IV: A New Gaming

Years
  • Welp, short games are something I don't frequently play/buy but at the very least I do have Portal in my steam library that I haven't played since it came out. I have a few other games I can think of that I may consider as well, like Left 4 Dead or maybe a round of civilization if that counts?

Civ is a tricky one because the game is designed to have a pretty variable playtime depending on choices, setting and dumb luck. I'd say no just for the sake of fairness since I said no to the speed run before.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Civ is a tricky one because the game is designed to have a pretty variable playtime depending on choices, setting and dumb luck. I'd say no just for the sake of fairness since I said no to the speed run before.

That is unfortunate, but fair. :P

I looked into L4D1 and 2, it looks like the estimated time for them are 7 and 10 hours respectively - so i'll likely play through L4D1 for this month.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Finished L4D1! Still a fun arcade-like game to boot up every now and then. I also forgot how quick some of the chapters were (The last chapter, Blood Harvest, took only 34 minutes to beat) and how you could use/abuse the AI companions despite how dumb they could be at times.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I finished Oxenfree II... or at least I saw credits. I am going to be doing more playthroughs in the hopes of understanding more of what I played because it was an extremely dissatisfying first playthrough. @_@

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • I can say the same here regarding 'The Shrouded Isle', I got to a technical 'ending', but doing so was much more frustrating and unsatisfying for how much work it took. In fact, I've been 'done' with the game for over a week now, but I've been too busy with life and the GT stuff to post about it. If you're wondering what 'ending' I got, it is best described as 'you 'won', but lost anyway lol, git gud'. I might play it some more some other time, (it really isn't that long) but I'd much prefer to move on to something else for now.

Years
  • I can say the same here regarding 'The Shrouded Isle', I got to a technical 'ending', but doing so was much more frustrating and unsatisfying for how much work it took. In fact, I've been 'done' with the game for over a week now, but I've been too busy with life and the GT stuff to post about it. If you're wondering what 'ending' I got, it is best described as 'you 'won', but lost anyway lol, git gud'. I might play it some more some other time, (it really isn't that long) but I'd much prefer to move on to something else for now.
    I remember playing The Shrouded Isle years ago, but I don't think I ever finished it. Now I see I didn't really missed anything.

Anyway, I finished my game - The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe. It's an exceptional game, just like the original. I highly recommend everyone to give it a try.

Years
  • Finished No Longer Home. Not the most satisfying game, but it's intentionally not. Was worth the experience but not one I'll hurry back to. Will share more thoughts in my game journal later.

Years
  • September - Spin the Wheel

Let your preferred deity and or spiritual entity of choice take the wheel! My personal favourite is RNGesus, which is admittedly a little counter-intuitive given the disdain he typically shows for me. But I'm willing to take the risk once more and I'm forcing all of you to take the plunge along with me. RNG month is back!

What does this mean? It means that everyone participating this month must select four games and post them here. I will then RNG a number from 1-4 corresponding with those games to determine which one you'll actually be playing.

Cherrim

Years
  • Hmm... okay. Sneaking a replay option in here.

1. Pokemon Scarlet
    2. Murder by Numbers
    3. Call of the Sea
    4. To the Moon

Bay

Years
  • So I'm pretty much free from my fanfic projects, just need to do editing/fix plot holes here and there, so why not!

1) Fire Emblem 3 Hopes (Golden Wildfire Route)
    2) Hades
    3) Valiant Hearts
    4) Ace Attorney Investigations

Cherrim

Years
  • Thank you for not making me play pokemon scarlet...!

If rng had picked To the Moon I would have tried real hard to finish it this week so it was fresh and then go meet the creators since they're doing a meet and greet for an art display of the game that my local library is putting on.

But alas I guess I will just go to the gallery another time (since I am shy and have no idea what I'd say to them if I met them LOL).

Years
  • If rng had picked To the Moon I would have tried real hard to finish it this week so it was fresh and then go meet the creators since they're doing a meet and greet for an art display of the game that my local library is putting on.

Go anyway

Years
  • Nice, I love this one. I'll put one game from my Steam, GOG, Switch and 3DS libraries on here to make it more fun:

1. Detective Pikachu
    2. Darkest Dungeon II
    3. Phoenotopia: Awakening
    4. Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp

Years
  • Nice, I love this one. I'll put one game from my Steam, GOG, Switch and 3DS libraries on here to make it more fun:

1. Detective Pikachu
    2. Darkest Dungeon II
    3. Phoenotopia: Awakening
    4. Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp

Phoenotopia for you

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    1. Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
    2. Earthbound
    3. Terraria
    4. Warcraft 2

Tested Warcraft 2 (CD version) beforehand. Appears to work.

Back