• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] The PokeCommunity Game-Along IV: A New Gaming

Years
  • Phoenotopia for you
    Can I get a reroll, please? I just spent an hour trying to make s Switch Pro controller work with it with no avail, then trying to rebind keyboard controls in a way that won't make my fingers break with no avail and then decided to drop it, because I don't feel like forcing myself to play through it for 30+ hours with horrible controls. If so:

1. Detective Pikachu
    2. Darkest Dungeon II
    3. Phoenotopia: Awakening Unpacking
    4. Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp

Years
  • Can I get a reroll, please? I just spent an hour trying to make s Switch Pro controller work with it with no avail, then trying to rebind keyboard controls in a way that won't make my fingers break with no avail and then decided to drop it, because I don't feel like forcing myself to play through it for 30+ hours with horrible controls. If so:

1. Detective Pikachu
    2. Darkest Dungeon II
    3. Phoenotopia: Awakening Unpacking
    4. Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp

On account of technical issues, sure. Darkest Dungeon II

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • I finally got some time to play through Yes, Your Grace. The gameplay was pretty addicting, but the story elements suffered here and there with linearity.
    Over all though, I'd say the game (although it possesses almost no replayability) gets an 7.8/10. Story could've been better, (less novel-like preferably) but the gameplay was good enough to keep me playing all the way to the ending in just 2 days, so that should definitely account for something.
    Spoiler:

Panda280

Panda280
    Years
  • I beat Plant Vs Zombie BFTN. I always wanted to play garden warfare series for a really long time, so it was fun. If only they added variants to the game, it would be much better. Still, there are a lot of contents in the game. I expected 2 campaigns for plant and zombie, but there are a total of 4. Zombie campaigns were pretty funny, there was one mission where you worship a cardboard of a footballer, and you were in a psychotic state like you're on drugs.

Years
  • Okay, I beat Darkest Dungeon 2. Had to speedrun through the final chapter to make it in time. Which is pretty wild, since this is roguelite that is famous for its difficulty. But it went surprisingly well. I beat the first chapter on my 3rd run, then decided to play a little bit with my team composition and heroes, so second chapter took me about 12 run to complete, since I focused more on unlocking new stuff than getting to the final boss. The rest of the game was fairly easy, since I found perfect team for myself and just sliced through everything the game threw at me. The final chapter was the hardest and the boss took me several tries, but I was expecting it to be a lot harsher and less fair. I'll try to make a post in my journal soon, so you can read my thoughts in more details.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Oh.... I finished Call of the Sea weeks ago. It was great! And then I proceeded to also play most of the games on my list anyway. Oops!

Circumstances kept me from going to the To the Moon event even tho I replayed the game anyway to make it happen... blame airlines.

Years
  • October - Halloween

It's the spooky month and that means the Christmas marketing noise is about to begin. What better way to drown out the horrors of capitalism than with horrors of a more literal sense? Yes, that's right, we're actually doing horror games in October. That's all there is to this one, play something spooky.

Years
  • I never saw this theme coming! I think I'll play Silent Hill: Homecoming. I think it's a first Silent Hill that's straight up bad. From what I read about the story, it looks like it has nothing in common with previous games. It doesn't give me much hope for it. But maybe gameplay will be good.

Bay

Years
  • I know October's theme is mentioned, but posting to say real quick that, um, I haven't gotten started on Hades for September's theme oops. Things got crazy at my end and I wasn't able to make time for it plus I got distracted with Scarlet/Violet DLC instead double opps. I might still try Hades before the year's end though haha.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Good news for me is I can finally play DREDGE! (I looked it up and it is considered a 'horror game', but I'm just playing it for the fishing cause I'm not a horror game fan at all lol) I've been wanting to play this for like 3 months now! :D

Cherrim

Years
  • Well... It's not really... horror.... but would Ghost Trick count for this? It's about ghosts so it fits spooky... I can find something else if we should be sticking closer to the horror intent, though.

Years
  • Well... It's not really... horror.... but would Ghost Trick count for this? It's about ghosts so it fits spooky... I can find something else if we should be sticking closer to the horror intent, though.

I'm willing to play a little loose depending on people's tolerances, but if it's just about ghosts I'm going to say no.

Panda280

Panda280
    Years
  • Ghost trick: Phantom Detective is great game. The characters are quirky and memorable. The plots are full of twist and turn.

Anyway, Can I choose Metroid Fusion? The SAX is quite scary.

Cherrim

Years
  • Alright I'm gonna require a loosening anyway. I won't play Ghost Trick but I will play the first Danganronpa. It's also not, like, ""scary"" but it definitely has better horror elements to it, at least. :P I can't really think of anything else I have that fits the bill that I haven't also played within the last year.

Back