• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: the water closet closet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
Something else that I think helps is if they see how long you stay at jobs and you don't just job hop. I know the place I'm at right now we've been open almost 2 years and I don't even know how many people we have gone through just in my section. Some people last a day or so or maybe even a month or two. I'm 1 of maybe 10-12 people still left from when we first opened. It's a pain to waste time training people that don't last very long.

Years
agreeing with what Zeria says about personality. experience is great and all, but i've always had the feeling that personality matters just as much if not more.

Years
Personality is key indeed, but sometimes there will be those employers that disregard personality and just go for experience :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Both are important but personality is moreso to me u dont smile during interview why tf do i want u doesn't matter experience

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Yeah, unfortunately it's really hard for even some of my friends to land or keep a job, simply because they don't make enough eye contact, or talk enough. :(

You really do have to push yourself and punch your comfort zone in the face to get hired and keep something, sometimes.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
personally I'd rather that employers not put so much stock in personality, or at least that they lower their expectations a bit in general

like, I don't exactly have the personality that everybody loves and I'm just asking for enough money to live in something better than a cardboard box without having to put in a disproportionately large effort in a first world country =[

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I also think that companies should help their employees do better. So if someone isn't good with talking or making eye contact then work with that person to do better. I know for me I can be a bitch sometimes and need to watch what I say but at times I may not realize it till someone points it out. And if I want to move up to Supervisor I need to learn how to talk and what to say.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
My workplace has definitely worked with me since I started. I used to be more shy, and not always the best with talking, and now I have what's practically a management position. So I do wish for others who aren't the best with people / don't talk a whole lot to keep their heads up! Sometimes, you can get more comfy somewhere and open up a bit more.

Though, I do know it's rough, I have some coworkers who still struggle after a couple of years, but in their defense, they always have said they don't care for small talk and niceties. LOL

Years
yeah I was so used to not making eye contact that I still find myself sometimes looking down at a person's mouth rather than their eyes when they talk to me
fortunately I catch myself fast and look up, lol :x

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I feel like if you work hard your job will be more willing to work with you when something happens. Now if you're lazy and don't do your job then why should we work with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back