• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THERE'S A SPIDER IN HERE, I'M LEAVING.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I adore spiders and bugs of most every variety!

I'm a recovered severe arachnophobe. Went from being 100/10 terrified of all spiders to keeping them as dear pets. <3 Very much looking forward to my first tarantula. :)

Years
    • Seen today
    Spiders are cute and fascinating

We had a large beautiful yellow spider who would hang outside our porch. It looked like it was glowing at night.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Love spiders, every time I see one in my home I release it outside. There are some bugs I like such as ladybug and bumblebee but others like the mosquito and wasp should stay away from me.

Commander Saturn

Information Broker
    Years
  • I adore spiders and bugs of most every variety!

I'm a recovered severe arachnophobe. Went from being 100/10 terrified of all spiders to keeping them as dear pets. <3 Very much looking forward to my first tarantula. :)

This. Although, I ignored the research I did and, my first tarantula was a very aggressive lady. I did not become scared of spiders again though, and still adore them. I currently own two and they are both a delight to have.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I despise spiders and will murder them on command. They disgust me. Although, tarantulas have always been endearing to me, which makes very little sense given how petrified I am at the sight of a common house spider. I suppose it's because tarantula's are fluffy. Most insects I don't mind. I have always loved butterflies/caterpillars/moths so much. I think butterflies they are the epitome of beauty in nature and are by far my favourite animal. I'm fond of dragonflies, damselflies, mantids, and ladybugs too. I used to read encyclopedias specifically about different species of arachnids and insects when I was younger. They've always been so fascinating to me.

I remember as a child visiting a butterfly room and I had butterflies land all over me. I was in heaven.

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I'm okay w/ spiders as long as they keep away from me. Despise mosquitoes, flies and cockroaches. The rest are okay and I like.

Years
  • Spiders are really cool. They I think have a rather elegant look with all the long legs, not slimy or anything like that. They are also very polite house guests that usually stay hidden in the corners of dark places and just want to be left alone. They don't get into your food like ants, rip holes in your clothes like moths, make loud noise like crickets or suck your blood like mosquitos. In fact they will defend your home from many of the creatures I just mentioned, they eat most bugs considered pests from flies to mosquitos to moths, cockroaches and more. Spiders are also very solitary, your house will never be overrun with spiders unlike other insects, because they are so territorial. They don't live with other spiders and will kill off others in their domain until they are the last one standing.

If I see a spider or their web I leave them alone, and let them stay hidden. I grew up reading Roald Dahl's children books and remember Miss Spider from James and the Giant Peach, and lots of other nice arachnids from fiction like Charlotte from Charlotte's Web, so I was never especially scared of spiders, and the more I know of their benefits the more of I have come to like and appreciate them.

Some insects I am more drawn to than others like fireflies, lady bugs, butterflies. All of these are especially beautiful and delicate. However, I am okay with bugs, so long as they are not parasites or venomous. I obviously wouldn't want fleas on my pets, or to have a head full of lice or to get stung by a scorpion or have bedbugs in the home. But if it's not something that will hurt me or cause any trouble for me, and there aren't that many hanging around then I'm relatively calm around insects.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think some bugs are really cool, but they all lowkey gross me out. And most bugs just downright gross me out. Spiders are among the worst, but I can endure knowing they are in my room since I know they are not venomous in my country, and they eat other bugs.

Bug pokémon are amazing though.

Years
  • Spiders are also very solitary.

Not all spiders! Some are social spiders that live in loose colonies and even typically non-social spiders sometimes develop social behaviour if they live in close proximity, including widow spiders. Iirc, a couple of species have even been observed swarming in the past. That being said, they never have the complex social lives that social insects have, it's a much looser arrangement.

Years
  • Not all spiders! Some are social spiders that live in loose colonies and even typically non-social spiders sometimes develop social behaviour if they live in close proximity, including widow spiders. Iirc, a couple of species have even been observed swarming in the past. That being said, they never have the complex social lives that social insects have, it's a much looser arrangement.

Now I'm even more intrigued by them.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Social spiders are super interesting!! I highly recommend researching the P. superciliosus (Huntsman) as they're fascinating creatures and are not unknown to live in giant female colonies! They're also the largest spider by leg span! They can have a really complex social structure when given the chance to flourish.

Monocentropus balfouri (Blue Baboon) are also communal tarantulas which is super rare and they're a gorgeous vibrant blue color. Definitely look into it! :)

pkmin3033

Spiders are fine. I mean, I don't want a house spider in my face or anything, but if there is one in the room with me, if it keeps a reasonable distance then I'm happy to leave it be.

Craneflies, though...craneflies need to be killed on sight. Fuck craneflies.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    I used to be afraid of them, but now I'm fine and even fascinated a bit with them. Like with most animals, I lack the heart to kill them. Mosquitoes are an exception. I wouldn't want one to be in my sleeping bag though. There was an occasion where I was about to turn in for the day and saw a female wolf spider carrying a cocoon. Obviously, I wasn't thrilled so I gently carried my sleeping bag outside the tent and pushed the soon-to-be mother with my shoe. A couple of days later, there were many females carrying newly hatched spiderlings on their backs and when you shed some light on them at night, the eyes of the little ones reflect it and it looks like the female's abdomen is a jewel. Strangely beautiful.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I'm not too fond on insects and such.

Spiders I'm rather afraid of for no good reason, but I'm working on that. I've gotten myself to a place where I can calm myself down and act reasonably. I mostly do not kill them anymore as far as normal small spiders go. Still terrified of big spiders.

Insects I am more hit an miss with. I don't like things that fly. Things that fly and sting especially. If a hornet or wasp flies near me I will almost certainly freak and hurry back inside. Bumbles are ok but I still am uncomfortable around them.

Mosquitoes, black flies, etc. No hope for them. I wish them extinction even if it would destroy earth. Kill on sight.

Nymphadora

Gift of the Nymphs
    Years
  • I'm not the biggest fan of spiders. I don't want them on me or in my home, but I try to shoo them out whenever possible.

Years
  • I'm not super-fond of having them near me but I've grown to really appreciate spiders. Before I moved, I lived in the attic of my old house and saw a fair amount of bugs. I used to kill all of them, including spiders, on sight but eventually came to an unspoken agreement with the spiders in particular. Don't crawl on me or my bed and I'll leave you alone to enjoy the feast of other bugs. It really did make a difference and I now happily let spiders hang out as long as they're not dangerous (brown recluse spiders, for instance, are still killed as soon as they show up).

Back