• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

This is Great!

Years
  • Are you feeling good? Of course you are! After all, you're getting a new post from the great MiracleGhost! Narcissistic small talk aside, let's get to business. (Ignore this paragraph)

If you were in a bad mood (or are), what would it take to cheer you up?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    There's only one person who's able to cheer me up with ease.

Years
  • Well I'm in a persistent good mood because I'm watching Haikyuu and it's probably the most uplifting thing ever.
    But when I'm down, I just post around or chat with friends, that always helps.

Years
  • I'm in a good mood because its Friday.

if i'm in a bad mood Idk what cheers me up I usually just sit there annoyed util I forget i'm angry.

TY

Music would cheer me up, playing some video games could cheer me up, there's basically quite a list of things that can cheer me up but there is no guarantee that it works 24/7. Some have a bigger chance than others so to say.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I guess I'm OK today. Don't have to work.

To the second question it depends specifically how I am.

If I just feel bad I tend to just sit and partake in my normal hobbies. If I'm very upset I just listen to angry music until I feel too numb to be upset. If I feel depressed from my.. well... Depression.. I tend to go somewhere alone and lay.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Music and hanging out with people i like is all it takes for me :D
    But im in a good mood cause school was canceled due to the weather ^^

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
    Years
  • My dog, and cleaning.

When I'm in a angry/horrid mood though I have a "smash" shelf, it has ugly figurines on it and I smash them so I don't end up breaking something I want to keep. I have a horrid temper, ha

Years
  • Music, a bit of time, crying it out...in no particular order...and it's less "cheering up" and more "just letting it pass", in most cases.

Sometimes talking to someone helps, but if it's like the awful mood I had the other night, I'm not even sure how much that does help, really.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Cheering me up when I am in a bad mood is something that is ridiculously difficult. Nobody can really do it, because I am an intensely focused person who absolutely loathes being forcibly distracted from my actual feelings from others. So if somebody else tries to cheer me up, they'll likely piss me off.

Like the poster before me, I don't want to call it "cheering up." It really is just letting it pass/go away. I distract myself by watching videos (maybe an ASMR video or too - those are quite relaxing if I'm in the right mood) until the anger or sadness slowly slips away and then I just feel nothing. Because I can't just go from bad mood to feeling good just like that. If I'm particularly upset, it helps to write in my journal as well. Get it all out.

Sirfetch’d

Music is the first thing that I turn to to cheer me up too. If music doesn't get the job done I will play some Pokemon, watch Netflix, talk to people on skype. Sometimes it takes all of those things to brighten the mood. It just depends how down I am I guess.

天 (Caine)

Flower Child
    Years
  • When I'm not feeling that great, I try to surround myself with positive things. I listen to uplifting music, I play video games with a fun and positive atmosphere, and I watch almost anything that's a comedy. After all, laughter is one of the best medicines for feeling blue.

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
    Years
  • Just got back from Buffalo Wild Wings (with friends) so I'm in a pretty good mood.

I am honestly absolutely terrible with negative feelings. I typically don't tell anyone when I'm feeling bad and just bottle it up. Nothing really helps me feel better besides just talking it out but I hate people listening to me talk about my issues so I hardly ever do it.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • It's all music. Really really ridiculously cheerful music.
    I've always found that talking to friends or playing video games when in a bad mood will often actually worsen my mood, or at least make the experience impossible to enjoy.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • music and driving / walking for a long time are really the only two things that are actually therapeutic to me when I'm in a bad mood. a good movie might help, too, but it won't make me feel better, per se -- it'll just give me better perspective on what's actually bothering me, ideally. somethin' like that.

Back