• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

this is the heartbreak hotel

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
  • I haven't personally been cheated on. But, cheating almost destroyed my family since my dad had an affair. It was a really tough time. Thankfully we've all gotten past it and my parents are happy again. However, I don't expect everyone to be as forgiving as my mom was. My brother and I were in our teens when it happened, so I guess she wanted to fight for our family.
    Cheating is probably one of the scummiest things you can do to another person.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Never have, and it's something I cannot tolerate.

I could never understand why people would do such thing though

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    no but i been the one she cheated with :O

pkmin3033

Fortunately, no, and that's not something I would even contemplate doing either. I've not had any incidences of cheating in the family either, although my mother is extremely suspicious and paranoid of my father's female frinds, and he's outright questioned her sometimes about where she's gone out and who with, etc. Theirs is just not a happy marriage though.

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
  • I've been cheated on, been the other woman and cheated on someone.

Having to cheat on someone feels terrible and I wouldn't wish that guilt on anyone, however I was at least able to take comfort in the fact that no matter how bad I felt about cheating on him, he would feel even worse to be cheated on. Its the little things that get ya through ya know?

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    I don't think my ex slept with her, but he fell in love with another girl while we were together. Idk what's worse tbh

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • *cracks knuckles*

I have a doozy for you. I was the 'other person' and didn't even know it.

First off, I'm lesbian. Got it? K.

A few years ago, I was called upon for jury duty. No big deal, two weeks of sitting and waiting to be called for a trial. We had internet access at the court house. Me, being bored and honestly curious at any response, made a craigslist ad searching for someone to talk to and maybe hang out with, since I now had all this time away from work because of jury duty and my best friend was in Florida being a rich bastard and at his family's summer house.

So, I posted, within the day I got a few replies. Most were unsubstantial. As a rule on dating sites and the like, I don't respond when all I get is a 'hey there' sort of response. No effort. I got one response that stuck out. I responded to it, and next thing I know we're texting each other. She was awesome. We were both interested in the same things, hell, we were even in the same job field. We texted for a few days, and then it evolved into two hour long phone calls. Finally, we had a first date, and it went awesome. First date lead to second, to a third, within the span of my time on jury, we were full on dating/in a relationship.

Now, there was a hamper on it, she lived with an ex. They were stuck in a co-signed lease, and she couldn't afford buying out of it at the time. I was okay with it. This will be brought up later.

We dated for a few months, and honestly, it was one of the best starts to a relationship in my life. Things were smooth, and there was no awkwardness. No road bumps. After a couple months, she wanted me to meet her family. She took me an hour from town to meet her dad, step mom, and little brother and sister. Her parents loved me. Her dad had a smoke and a beer with me in the garage, even talked about going ice fishing.Her little brother adored me, since he was a young gamer, I even loaned him some xbox games of mine. Christmas came around. It was her favorite holiday. We decided to spend it with each other's families. I went to her dad's with her for Christmas day/morning, and she went to my parents for Christmas Eve. She was the first woman I'd brought to the holidays since I came out.

No reason to worry, right?

Things were going awesome. Until one week, she went silent. No calls, no texts. I finally got a hold of her after about five days, worried sick. She said that there'd been a problem with her room mate, her ex. Apparently, the ex and her and gotten into a fight, and the ex had punched her when she tried to drive away.

I was gonna kill a bitch.

She talked me down, said it was over, she bought herself out of the lease, and had moved into her mothers since it was closer to her work. She would need to stay there for a while to save up for a down payment on a new place. It made sense. She apologized and just said that she was trying to process it all. I forgave her.

What was weird was a couple weeks later, a pipe burst in my bedroom. Destroyed a lot of my property. My room mate and I got it fixed, but we were still waiting on hearing from the land lord. A week after it broke, my room mate messaged me, said that the land lord wanted 1,600 dollars or we were to be evicted. It was fishy to me, no one had come to inspect my room, or the apartment downstairs (we were on the third floor). So I made a evil plan. I had a friend call the land lord, acting like he was with a local church charity wanting to help us. The land lord said great, but you do know it's for back pay on rent.

What.

So my room mate had been stealing my half of the rent instead of turning it in to the land lord. Safe to say I moved out before the end of the week and left her to rot. I moved back in with my parents while I searched for a new place.

That left me and my girlfriend both in the same position. So, we decided, we were going to start looking for a place together. It only made sense, it widen our options a bit price wise rather than looking on our own. We started looking, attending showings, and filing applications, etc.

We had no luck after about a month. (She had iffy credit, I had have epic credit) During this time, her grandfather was very sick and dying. She drove me two hours to meet him. She wanted me to meet him before he passed away. Her grandfather liked me, her grandmother loved me. Felt like I really fit in with the family. He passed away two weeks later.

Around that time, I had, on the down low, found a place I liked. It was cheap, comfortable, problem was, it was only perfect if I was looking alone. I set up a showing, but I never told her. We had another showing that weekend anyways, and it was a good chance of us getting through. Yeah didn't happen.

That weekend her best friend messaged me on facebook, and said she 'wouldn't let her get away with it.'. She told me that my girlfriend had been engaged for months, since she 'moved' from her old apartment. She never moved in with her mother, her ex had proposed, and she had said yes. That entire time, she was living at her, in reality, fiancee's house. The fiancee didn't know about me either.

The best friend gave me the fiancee's number.

I texted the fiancee, and man, was that an eye opener. According to the fiancee, my now ex in my eyes, had told her I was an old friend that wouldn't back off. That I was forcing myself on her and stalking her. She had said that we met in high school, plus a whole other boat-load of lies. The fiancee and I kept talking, and we found out we actually worked for the same security company at one point, and that actually we'd worked together. And we'd been friends for like one shift before never working together again (security is weird like that)

Right gets weirder.

So we decided to confront her on it. The fiancee arranged to have her meet at a Caribou Coffee for lunch. The cheater had no idea I was there. She arrived, met with her fiancee, who then texted me, hiding in the bathroom, to come out. I walked up behind their table, and sat RIGHT NEXT to her, giving a kiss on the cheek as I sat down.

She ran.

She went back to her fiancee's parents. After that point. I was done, but the fiancee kept me updated. Apparently, the cheater was in full blood crazy mode. Walking around saying that I had raped her, lies (When the fiancee told me that, I was like, you know me, would I? And she was like, yeah, hell no), and that I had forced her to do things she didn't want to do, also lies. That night, she cut up her arms, went to the fiancee's mom, and announced that she 'see how much this is hurting her'.

She then even went so far as to say she thinks she has multiple personalities and that she had no memory of being with me. She also said that she'd never slept with me, let's just say that's a big lie from someone who wanted to put out on the second date.

At that point, I was gone, out. Done. No more crazy sauce for me. I moved into that apartment that I already had a showing to, been living there since.

I still wear a necklace that she gave me every day. It's become a sort of good luck charm for me. The symbol on it means 'protection from failure'. Protected me from that failure all right. I was just in shock at what happened. How could she keep this lie up, how could so many people not speak up? Did her family know? I mean hell, her family and I were close. Baffles me. Usually the 'other person' never does things like, meeting your family.

By the way, they still got married.

tl;dr: I was the other person for nearly a year, didn't know it. Even met their family and almost moved in before me and the fiancee figured it out.

Last edited:

User19sq

Yes. Resulted in quite the mess, and is why I chose to come here.

Long story short: I wasn't the jealous type before. I am now.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • yes. he cheated on me with another guy online and then ended up meeting irl and as far as i know they're still together. it fucking sucks and it hurt really bad. still hurts whenever i see posts about him in my facebook memories.

he's fucking disgusting and vile and i will never understand how anyone can ever condone cheating.

string555

Banned
    Years
  • Breaking up with the person > cheating on them

Both cause suffering, but one is clearly better than the other. It seems that many do it in secret with the whole 'What they don't know won't hurt them' mentality. Why not just be a decent human being and break it off gracefully instead? >:/

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Not as far as I know buuuttt...

A few years ago I met this guy here on PC. We only knew each other for about three months. He was due to go on a religious mission for two years. We ended up together (as together as online could be, for less than a month before he had to leave). Over those two years he could only email me once a week, or send letters. I got emails for a few months... and then they could no longer send emails.

I went hey probably 9 months without contact? During this time I had feelings for two other guys at different times. I held off and felt really bad about it. I finally got in contact with him a few months before he was going to return back and have Internet. I told him about it and he was like that's ok it's expected (never went anywhere with it etc). A month or so later he broke up with me because of distance (before he returned from his mission).

I only really got about two letters in all that time too.

So yeah. That's the closest I have come? But tbf it was a super unique situation lol and one of those two guys I mentioned? He's been my boyfriend for three and a half years now so I would say it worked out well.

And the other guy I mentioned is an awesome friend I haven't spoken much to over the last few years :(

The original guy... I haven't spoken to him really since '13.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Been both the other guy as well as the one cheated on. Worst part probably is that I was suspicious before it actually happened, but I felt bad because I thought I was being extra for no reason, and she told me there was nothing to worry about. Fast forward a few months and she tells me she was within seconds away of cheating when she stopped. Shattered my sense of trust completely. Honestly probably was the lowest I've ever felt in my life. Someone assuring you there was nothing to worry about and then the very thing you were told wouldn't happen happens? The worst.

Years
  • Not that I know of.

I have been the " side piece " several times though. It didn't bother me when I was younger but now I want no part in it.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    not to my knowledge? i've been flirting with ppl while they've been flirting with someone else but i don't think anyone has actually been in a relationship while also dating me at the same time. i have been left for someone else before but i wouldn't say that counts as cheating?

Back