• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twitch Plays pokemon

Years
  • I like the idea of giving Red the team we have now for a G/S/C playthrough. We definitely don't need to give Gold the team though, it would make the battles pointless for the entirety of the game. Plus why transfer Bird Jesus when we can just have Bird Jesus II by catching a Pidgey early on?

Can anyone explain what is going at the exact point right now? We seem to be in Red's house (on purpose since it's on democracy might I add), but I have no idea why.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • They're at the Pokemon League gates badge thing at Route 23 , heading back to Victory road. Off to the Indigo Plateau to try and beat the Elite Four and hopefully I can witness one Elite Four battle and watch us beat Gary!

Dude , don't tell me we have no items......

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yeah, the item bag is completely empty. It does make healing Pokemon easier when we eventually make it to the Elite Four. Unfortunately, we are pretty broke from blacking out too much.

Treecko

Years
  • Ugh we could be at the Elite Four for a while. We'll find some items along the way though, so if we manage to get and use healing items, we'll be good.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Oooh, we're already at the Victory Road? :o Now it's just all about getting through the horror that is pushing boulders. I'd say we should try and battle Moltres on the way, but on second thought, it'd be both dangerous and time consuming, since we'd have to go through the side-track boulder pushing just to get to it, then return to actual get through the real boulder pushing. It'll probably take a while before we're out, but I reckon it's possible :D

I wonder how tough the E4 will actually be. It's kinda hard to say, since we completely wreck some trainers, while others leave us in the dust, but I guess that's all a question of whether or not we manage to use the actual attacks haha. But 5 consecutive battles with minimal ability to actually use healing items is definitely not gonna be easy :p

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    It kinda seems like the stream's dropping in popularity... only about half as many active players at a time as there were, and for a short period we were getting about 1 million views per day, but it's now dropping to 1 million every two or so days. Ah well, it was bound to happen. I've gotten pretty bored of it personally x:

Shhmew

Years
  • I haven't really gotten bored of it, but I don't find it quite so fascinating anymore. ;o

I haven't really been watching it at all, just reading this thread and keeping up with the Status page. I did watch the video of beating Giovanni though and that was fun [:

Treecko

Years
  • It's still very interesting for me, I've been updating my friends on Facebook about what's happening as things happen lol.

I think's not as active now cause we were grinding and grinding is very boring. There is probably people getting bored with it, but I can see it pick up when we battle the Elite Four. I hope this trend is dying yet. D:

Update: We are somewhat progressing through Victory Road with Democracy 's help faster. We made past boulder one lol. And Bird Jesus FINALLY got rid of Whirlwind and learned Sky Attack, which is much more helpful.

Last edited:

Treecko

Years
  • Holy Helix, what a beautiful song. There's only like 26,600+ people watching right now. Maybe it is starting to die down and stuff. :( Well we really haven't done much interesting lately. That could be why. We made some progress last night in Victory Road, but fainted quickly after getting past the first boulder. Though it's also early in the morning some places and many are still sleeping. I'm sure it will blow up again when we're really close to beating the game though.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • I can see moltres. This could be either great or terrible.
    Edit: looks like we're not going to battle it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    VICTORYY ROAADDDD
    Seriously, they missed Moltres? Well that sucks. Would of have been nice to have another legendary bird on the team. I WONDER what's going to happen during the Elite 4. 5 minutes of trying to talk to them lmao. I'm guessing they'll either lose at the Champion or Lance. Who knows, it's most likely Bird Jesus will faint at the hands of Lorelei. x3 I can also see the views just going considerably high when we reach the champion, like AWsquared said. Liike how can you not expect it?

WOOHOO THEY'VE MADE IT

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    They don't have any Pokeballs so they wouldn't have been able to catch Moltres anyways and even if we tried getting Pokeballs they have next to no money I believe. The Legendary Birds are a pain to catch in RBY since the balls can completely miss them.

Between Giovanni and the League has always been eh to me because I'm normally underleveled and should grind; there is a reason why I've only beaten the Kanto League once ahaha. But once they reach the Elite Four it should hopefully pick up. Otherwise we might not get to Gen II.

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
    Years
  • They've gotten out of Victory Road. The stream seems to have lost a lot of viewers though. It's cool that democracy was used to get out. They are getting anarchy back though. I missed a lot of progress it seems :o

EDIT: Lol. They've healed the Pokemon a bunch of times now

ANARCHY IS BACK!

Last edited:

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • Made it just in time to see them navigate the statue maze and get into the E4 to heal.

Very glad (and rather impressed) to see they made it through Victory road.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I'm going to properly comment on the outstanding Victory Road completion soon after, but it would be great if someone could get a message to the Reddit live-updaters, if possible. I think we need Democracy Mode to properly heal; I have a feeling that when we're right in front of the door, everyone is going to "up9" like crazy, leading us to accidentally challenge the Elite 4, potentially blacking out and heading right back to Cinnabar Island, destroying our hard earned progress

....is what I was going to say, but then I realized that the Indigo Plateau Pokemon Center (1st floor) uses a curved layout, as opposed to Evergrande City's northern Pokemon Center, where you can walk in a straight line to challenge the Elite 4. PHEW!

The completion of Kanto's Victory Road, despite being done under Democracy Mode, was undoubtedly one of the finest moments that I've ever had the privilege to witness in gaming (too bad I didn't get to see much of the journey to Victory Road's entrance at the Badge checkpoints!). Thank goodness I tuned in; I was initially averse because I thought the Victory Road puzzle would take quite a while.. But in Democracy Mode, we actually waited (exhibiting patience) and didn't overshoot obstacles. However, the lag demonstrated its influence at times; often, things like "bdowna9" (primarily used for Red's fleeing from wild Pokemon) were 'inputted' twice due to the influx of people selecting it, causing us to successfully run from battle but also taking slight movements in the overworld as well... The chat when crazy when we encountered a Juggler in Victory Road after moving our final boulder with Nidoking (King Fonz)'s Strength, because he was the only Pokemon left in our entire party, with the Juggler in question being shown to have 4 Pokemon. In an amazing show of power, Nidoking manages to use Surf (a Special/Special Attack-based move) to KO a few Pokemon. When Surf's Power Points (PP) are depleted and run out, Red is briefly stuck in an "endless loop" before Nidoking's Strength attack is selected, and he just decimates the rest of the Juggler's Pokemon, astoundingly leveling up to Level 49 in the process! That was like one of the most nail-biting moments in Victory Road, and a once-obscure Safari Zone Pokemon helped us to outlast the arduous area! I just want to applaud everyone that helped us finally get through the area!!!

The "Indigo Plateau" overworld theme scored the weary Red's emergence from Victory Road perfectly. Additionally, as we entered the Elite 4 building, the theme happened to loop again! Interestingly, I found out that the "Indigo Plateau" theme continues playing within the building's outer-most room; in Pokemon Firered/LeafGreen, I think the outer-most room's theme was changed to the traditional "Pokemon Gym" theme.

The Pokemon Red/Blue graphics look so weird in the Elite 4 building! Lorelei's room was just hilarious to view for the first time. XD All that water surprised me (FireRed/LeafGreen make her room look more "icy", more befitting of her theme).

We almost had some close encounters with the PC again once we entered Indigo Plateau headquarters, but thankfully the chat avoided it like crazy. I have a feeling that it will be a problem each time we black out and return to the Kanto Elite 4 building's entrance...

Wow; viewership rose from the earlier 40000 to ~61797 at the moment! It must be because we finally reach Indigo Plateau, which is a feat I'm still trying to take in. XD

---

We finally challenged Elite Four Lorelei, the first member of the Kanto Elite 4! We lost on our first try (surprisingly, we defeated all Pokemon except Lapras on the first attempt), but now the rematch is underway! ^^

EDIT: Second rematch (third attempt overall) is now underway! Zapdos surprisingly KO'd Jynx with Take Down! Aagh, we lost again, but it was so close! Lapras was paralyzed and had a tiny sliver of health remaining when the last Pokemon, Nidoking, fainted!

Last edited:
    Back